2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 FX4 LED Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights and Taillights at Night

Here are the pictures of the F-150 Sabersport headlights and taillights at night. Let me know what you think.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Those are very nice also, nice pics

Old 08-27-2010, 12:45 AM
just got my tails tonight and tried to put them in and the little gray box I think it is for the led's, don't let me push it in all the way am I suppose to move the box to some place else got mine from sabersport aswell

Old 08-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Yes, put the box in the the hole where the wires come of front the inside of the walls of the truck bed. Be sure to take the green film off the double sided tape off first and stick it to the inside wall of the inside part of the truck bed. I know it kinda confusing but it makes sense when your looking at it. PM me if you need more info K

Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by mike03HD
Yes, put the box in the the hole where the wires come of front the inside of the walls of the truck bed. Be sure to take the green film off the double sided tape off first and stick it to the inside wall of the inside part of the truck bed. I know it kinda confusing but it makes sense when your looking at it. PM me if you need more info K
I thought for sure I would have to wait Intel morning for some help thanks man. Alittle confusing yes, but I will go and check it out

Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
did the install thanks for the pointer I put the load box faceing forward do I need to put it toward the bed. Also my left blinker blinks way faster then the right do I have a faulty part?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Blinker

Originally Posted by rcherry11
did the install thanks for the pointer I put the load box faceing forward do I need to put it toward the bed. Also my left blinker blinks way faster then the right do I have a faulty part?
Usually if the blinker is blinking fast, one of the bulbs are out. Either front or back. Just check your connections, or bulbs.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
all is good double check the connections and made sure that all the wires were plugged in the same the factory connector has a black wire and so does the LED's so I plugged them in so the blacks were together and it works good now. Not sure if that was the problem but they work real good. Thanks for the help

Old 10-01-2010, 07:10 PM
I might have missed this somewhere, but at no point in this thread did I see anyone mention who makes these tails and/or roughly how much they might cost??

I'm looking for some tails with a black outside border and plain red or slightly smoked interior for my candy red screw.

Like most of you guys, I hate the stock chromies!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by fsdrummer85
Usually if the blinker is blinking fast, one of the bulbs are out. Either front or back. Just check your connections, or bulbs.
Are the Headlights/Tail lights a true plug and play or is there some wireing thats needs to be done? How do you like them? If you had to do again would you get them again or go for the more expensive Recon headlights ? I think your truck looks great with them on. Thinking about getting them from my 2010 Screw Tuxedo Black.

Thanks Rob

Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Headlights

Originally Posted by rob1211
Are the Headlights/Tail lights a true plug and play or is there some wireing thats needs to be done? How do you like them? If you had to do again would you get them again or go for the more expensive Recon headlights ? I think your truck looks great with them on. Thinking about getting them from my 2010 Screw Tuxedo Black.

Thanks Rob
These headlights are true plug and play, the only issue I had was the actual light coming out of the bulb, but I called the guy and he was extremely nice and all I did was swap the bulb from right to left and it was fine.

But ya these look good, connect easy, and are pretty cheap. So if you had to replace it would not be a huge deal.

I have the tuxedo Black Super Screw, matches perfectly. Check out my images, I just had my grille painted, and the painter hand sanded the blue out of the ford logo and painted it black.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by fsdrummer85
These headlights are true plug and play, the only issue I had was the actual light coming out of the bulb, but I called the guy and he was extremely nice and all I did was swap the bulb from right to left and it was fine.

But ya these look good, connect easy, and are pretty cheap. So if you had to replace it would not be a huge deal.

I have the tuxedo Black Super Screw, matches perfectly. Check out my images, I just had my grille painted, and the painter hand sanded the blue out of the ford logo and painted it black.
Thanks for getting back to me.. Not quit sure what you mean when you say you switched the right and left bulbs ? Are you talking about the turnsignal bulb or the headlight bulb ? Dont want to sound stupid but could you give a little more info on what you had to do with the switching of the bulbs..And the painted grill and oval came out great looks killer with the headlights.. Thanks so much..

Rob

Old 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Headlights

Originally Posted by rob1211
Thanks for getting back to me.. Not quit sure what you mean when you say you switched the right and left bulbs ? Are you talking about the turnsignal bulb or the headlight bulb ? Dont want to sound stupid but could you give a little more info on what you had to do with the switching of the bulbs..And the painted grill and oval came out great looks killer with the headlights.. Thanks so much..

Rob
I actually had to switch the headlight bulb, for whatever reason the light was getting cut off on one side. When I swapped the bulbs everything was fine.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Well I installed the Saber Halo Headlight and LED Tail light. They were a breeze to in stall they fit like factory and change the look of the truck to bad *** style. For the front turn singnal I put a chrome bulb in that lights up orange but when off it cant even be seen. I think it give it a very clean and stealthy look not seeing the orange glow of the stock orange bulb.
Here is a pic of the front I still need to get a shot of the rear tails..

Thanks for all the info on the heads and tails..
Rob

Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=rob1211;4364472]Well I installed the Saber Halo Headlight and LED Tail light. They were a breeze to in stall they fit like factory and change the look of the truck to bad *** style. For the front turn singnal I put a chrome bulb in that lights up orange but when off it cant even be seen. I think it give it a very clean and stealthy look not seeing the orange glow of the stock orange bulb.
Here is a pic of the front I still need to get a shot of the rear tails..

How are they at night do they work as good as the factory ones as far as being able to see?

Quick Reply: 2010 FX4 LED Taillights