2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone considering trading for 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone considering trading for 2011?

Is anyone considering trading their 09-10 F150 for a 2011 with the new engines? I am kinda pondering it. I really like the numbers out on the 5.0. I guess what concerns me is that the Triton engines have proven over the years to be very dependable. I am wondering if there will be issues with the new engines. Your thoughts.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
No, not now. I agree that the 5.0 will be the one to have. But, in truck form, I'd give it another year to get the kinks worked out before buying. I have one in my Mustang and that is enough fun for now!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Joe_STX
I guess what concerns me is that the Triton engines have proven over the years to be very dependable.
We said the same thing back in the 90's when the now proven Triton's hit the scene. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You do get a good warranty behind the new motor, so the issues will be addressed.

I'll be pushing my 07 for as long as I can, but that's due to employment concerns not new motor concerns.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Well, the early Tritons had their share of issues........

Old 08-22-2010, 04:17 PM
There will always be a reason to wait. Those who wait for the 2012 will be told to wait for the 2013/2014 all new model. Then those who wait for the 2013/2014 will be told to wait for the 2015 because they don't buy "first year anything." So they wait for the 2016 and they are told to wait for something else, and so on and so on... If you want it, buy it now and enjoy it.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Sure, but don't even think about preordering - wait till they have been on the street for at least a couple months.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by racer114
No, not now. I agree that the 5.0 will be the one to have. But, in truck form, I'd give it another year to get the kinks worked out before buying. I have one in my Mustang and that is enough fun for now!
Heck, Racer! I don't have a Stang.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 PM
I've been considering it because of the EB engine. I suppose it depends on pricing and trade values. It'd have to work out pretty well though because I'm very dissapointed that the '11 still won't have the new dash screen and MyFord Touch. Not sure I want to take on new/extend debt without that cool feature.

I can live without some of the other missing tech like BLIS, HD Radio, Upfitter Switches, even HID's and LED's etc that other Ford vehicles have. But the new MFTouch is really awesome and it's hard to spend that much dough now since I'm sure they'll get it into the 150 eventually. Not sure what they're waiting for seeing as they decided to stick that little screen in the dash this year from the SD lineup. Why not just incorporate MFT and be done with it? My guess is they're saving that stuff to jam into the next redesign, just trickling a new thing here or there for the remainder of this model's lifecycle to keep it somewhat fresh.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I've been considering it because of the EB engine. I suppose it depends on pricing and trade values. It'd have to work out pretty well though because I'm very dissapointed that the '11 still won't have the new dash screen and MyFord Touch. Not sure I want to take on new/extend debt without that cool feature.

I can live without some of the other missing tech like BLIS, HD Radio, Upfitter Switches, even HID's and LED's etc that other Ford vehicles have. But the new MFTouch is really awesome and it's hard to spend that much dough now since I'm sure they'll get it into the 150 eventually. Not sure what they're waiting for seeing as they decided to stick that little screen in the dash this year from the SD lineup. Why not just incorporate MFT and be done with it? My guess is they're saving that stuff to jam into the next redesign, just trickling a new thing here or there for the remainder of this model's lifecycle to keep it somewhat fresh.

im thinking about it myself. my job situation changed recently so i now have a longer commute meaning more gas being used. so im definently eyeing that ecoboost twin turbo for its mileage, and because im not really happy with the 4.6 2v power. its got plenty of power for passing and basic day to day driving. i told myself when i bought it that i didn't need the extra power and that it would be fine. but i just can't get over it. therefore its not fine and im seriously eyeing the new engines. i like to be able to have a little fun with my vehicles and the 4.6 2v and 4 speed just ain't cutting it for me. i don't really want to take the deprec hit again, if i trade in im going to definantly lose money. but for a truck i would probably be happier with it may be worth it in the long run.

i dunno im still on the fence. if i had known about the new engine line up before hand i never would have bought my 10.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Trading? No, no trading going on here. Assuming the wife doesn't pull a renege then I'll be buying one in the spring. I was given permission (it should be her car but she's letting me buy the truck for me instead) to buy a new truck last spring. I heard about the new engines and decided to wait until next year, when her car was supposed to be scrapped anyway.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:42 AM
No, but I wouldn't mind having the manual setting they have on the new transmissions .

Old 08-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope no reason too, my 2010 does everything the 2011 can do. When there is a reason with the total redesign maybe then.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash

I'm pretty sure the 2011's are getting the Dash Screen like the Super Duty's have. As far as they myford touch, not sure on that one.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 AM
I can't believe there are so many people with so much money to lose that they'd trade a one or two year old truck in just for a different engine.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Pilot
I can't believe there are so many people with so much money to lose that they'd trade a one or two year old truck in just for a different engine.
Amen! I paid my 09 off this spring and plan to keep it for a long time. I don't like car payments and can find better uses for that money.

Quick Reply: Anyone considering trading for 2011?