2009 - 2014 F-150

driveline clunk bump gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driveline clunk bump gone

ever since I have had my 2010 SCREW there has been a driveline bump when taking off and once fully stopped.

On Friday the dealer fixed it by greasing the spline on the rear drive shaft per the TSB.
San Tan Ford in Gilbert, AZ performed the warranty work also changed the oil and washed truck for no charge.
They drove me home and picked me up when the truck was done.

I am 62 and can say that san Tan Ford is the only dealer that I have bought vehicle from that act like they really care about the customer.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:31 PM
I had the same problem in a previous truck and they fixed it the same way the first time.... the second time it was the center support bearing since I had a two piece drive shaft....and the final fix was to replace the center support bearing again and the driveshafts with all associated parts(yoke,spline,etc..). I hope you have no more issues but keep this stuff in mind. If you have the problem again dont just let them grease it again, I think after the first fix it lasted about 4000 or 5000 miles. Good Luck!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:33 PM
glad to hear your dealer took great care of you and fixed your problem the first time . the dealer here in the antelope valley a.v. ford is the same way i didn't even buy the truck from them and they go out of there way to make me happy

Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 PM
glad to hear some good stories from the dealer only seem to hear the bad ones

Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Palmdale

Originally Posted by jetech00001
glad to hear your dealer took great care of you and fixed your problem the first time . the dealer here in the antelope valley a.v. ford is the same way i didn't even buy the truck from them and they go out of there way to make me happy

I used to work at the Northrop Grumman plant in Palmdale - B2 Bomber program

Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM
AWesome, had it done to my first 2010 and it felt great.

Do you have a low power prob off the line? If you do get the Torcqu Converter lockup TSB done. you wont believe the difference.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Mine did the bump for the first week or two, then stopped. Thanks for the info on the TSB. I'll keep that in mind if it happens again.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by sgerry
AWesome, had it done to my first 2010 and it felt great.

Do you have a low power prob off the line? If you do get the Torcqu Converter lockup TSB done. you wont believe the difference.
sgerry, Could you give a little more detail on how your the low power issue felt. Ex.- when engine cold, warm or all the time etc. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 PM
It was all the time. usually on partial throttle, then getting on it (such as rolling through a stop!) the truck would bog hardcore, then the power would build sloooowly.

Technically its an uncommanded Torque converter lockup from 1-2 if i remember the tsb. felt great and much more responsive after the TSB.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks. I was just curious about when you felt it. Every once in a while mine seems to do something like that. It kind of feels like if you try to hit it and you catch the gear wrong and it won't down shift or get going. Not regular enough to make me take it in.

Thanks again.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by sgerry
It was all the time. usually on partial throttle, then getting on it (such as rolling through a stop!) the truck would bog hardcore, then the power would build sloooowly.

Technically its an uncommanded Torque converter lockup from 1-2 if i remember the tsb. felt great and much more responsive after the TSB.
interesting.......I thought this was normal on these trucks. When was yours built (trying to figure out if my truck falls in the probable range)?

I have a very similar problem, it only happens when below 35. It just WILL NOT accelerate...then...wait for it...wait for it....BAM! down shift and all heck breaks loose.

I thought that a programmer would correct that (still waiting to get one), but if at least some of it can be fixed with a TSB, even better. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: what did you tell the dealer? I want to make sure they actually fix it, not just reflash the PCM and send me on my way (like the last time I complained about it)

Quick Reply: driveline clunk bump gone