Goodbye Trixy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I like the mirror crack

Congrats on the new truck!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow man that is definitely God's work. i fell asleep earlier this year while on the highway and fortunately there was only minimal damage. should have been a lot worse. glad to hear you are okay and congrats on the new ride

Old 09-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember Trixi........?....
Well One year and 10 broken ribs later Im mostly back on my feet and enjoying my 2010 F-150 after Trixi was wrote off by Insurance Co
Out of the blue I recieved a survey from Ford of Canada asking me if I was satisified with my recent service on my 2009 F-150 at a dealer in Quebec.....some 4000 miles away from me in British Columbia? First thing I thought was "could it be Trixi was reincarnated?"
But then again I knew she was totally destroyed <PICS IN MY PROFILE> and there was no chance of that happening....so I decided to call this Ford Dealer in Quebec and make an Inquiry......I was more or less told to have a nice day and thanks for calling........next I called Ford of Canada and explained that something seems strange and someone could be driving a wrote off Truck.........same thing there.......Hear no Evil......See no Evil...blah blah blah....
thanks for calling...............
My last call was to ICBC......Insurance Corp of British Columbia.....Govt Insurance here.....
they explained to me that .......it wasnt the Truck that went back on the road......it was more than likely only the serial # and probably attached to a stolen Truck?......
that being said.......ICBC said its out of their jurisdiction......so its a dead issue now....
I hope no members from around Montreal are missing a 09 razr red lariat F-150 4x4 CC ?

Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 AM
that is some strange stuff there.... Sounds about a like a 2000 GMC i built as a show truck.. Built in 2000, sold to a friend of a friend in 2003, he totaled it our in 04, rebuilt it with a salvage title. then in hurricane ike it got beaten from end to end. it was found about a 1/4 mile from where it was before the storm. the friend called me and told me the bad news. about 6 moths ago I saw it at a mechanic shop in baytown (outside of Houston) I did a uturn and went back and talked to the mechanic and he let me check it out.. It was in fact the same truck. It had my initials with the numbers 002 on the frame. This was the second truck i built. I remember the original vin number has 911 in it. Thats the only thing that was changed was the vin tag... The mechanic told me it belonged to a wrecking yard and they were trying to get it fixed, said he could not figure out what was wrong with it... lol When i told him it had been completely under salt water things started adding up for him.. I called everyone i could trying to let them know the original vin and the new vin and not a single person i talked to really gave a crap. Texas DMV said they would look into it. To this day I have yet to hear anything about it..

Old 09-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trixy

Makes me wonder what the market is for stolen or re incarnated serial #s?
and how many untracable stolen Trucks are out there?.....
are the serial #s bought and sold like credit card numbers are in the internet?......

Maybe best not to open that can of worms after all?........oxy's wont stop that headache!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow. That is the reason I bought a full sized pickup. Me and a buddy of mine from high school rolled his brand new Titan with 247 miles on it 4 times at 55mph and both walked away. Glad to see the ford kept you guys alive. Wishing y'all a speedy recovery

Quick Reply: Goodbye Trixy...