2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 F150 Mirror Backup Camera Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, thanks 556! LMK, I'm tired of looking at this stuff.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Called TASCA and you guys were right, Dominic was great. Ordered new roof harness, main harness and OEM mic for the headliner. Now I won't have to take the truck in for the TSB mic move and it will all look like from the factory.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by vacane
Called TASCA and you guys were right, Dominic was great. Ordered new roof harness, main harness and OEM mic for the headliner. Now I won't have to take the truck in for the TSB mic move and it will all look like from the factory.
My harness from Tasca didn't have the OEM hook-up for the mic. I had to wire it in by soldering the old connector off the factory harness.. Pay attention to how it's wired if this is the case and don't throw away your old harness. It's easier to do this when both harnesses are removed.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by delirious
My harness from Tasca didn't have the OEM hook-up for the mic. I had to wire it in by soldering the old connector off the factory harness.. Pay attention to how it's wired if this is the case and don't throw away your old harness. It's easier to do this when both harnesses are removed.
Tasca got it correct on mine, the wires were there for the headliner microphone in my new harness.

My Headliner Harness is Part # AL3Z14335JVA, 2010 SuperCrew Lariat w/ Sliding Rear window, Syns in Headliner(not mirror)

Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by delirious
I'll make sure to check that during the install. I told Dominic I was having the TSB done and he found the part number for the OEM mic, mounting plate, and the harness for that setup. Hopefully it is right....should have the parts early next week.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
FiveFiftySix: what is the location of the 5th photograph? I cannot seem to find the same view on my truck??

Thanks for the write up, a lot of help!!

Old 10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Also, I have tried to find this for over an hour with no luck, but what are the part numbers for the camera and emblem? These are the only two that I am still needing?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Go all my parts and started install today. Got the tailgate harness and headliner harness installed, but the headliner MIC will not work. TASCA is checking into this for me. Everything went well until I started to replace the main wiring harness, I can't get the fuel pump connector to come off. Tried for hours and the thing will not budge. Any ideas, right now I'm back to the stock harness so the camera will not work.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by vacane
if you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the main harness and headliner harness? do you have any pictures of the headliner removed? Thanks.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the viewing area of this camera allow you to see the area where you would be backing up to hitch up a trailer? The area would 8-10 inches from the back of the bumper to about 3 feet past that. Also, less the rear view mirror parts, is this the list of parts that gets you the tailgate steps completed if I wanted to use an alternate monitor?

Camera...9L3Z-19G490-B (does this come with wiring that gets you from the camera to through the tailgate and to the frame of the truck?)

W714711-S439 $0.12 ea (two of these?)
W805949-S439 $0.69 ea (two of these?)

Old 03-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi, is anyone smart enough to help me out with a part number?

I need the wiring harness that goes from the 2009 rear view mirror with LCD screen embedded and SYNC mic on top. I believe it is a 16-pin connector.

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
I would contact TASCA and they will be able to pin down which parts you need.

Now i have a problem, I installed my backup camera and my room harness and my truck already had the brown wires in the main harness, but now that its all installed when in reverse my mirror gets a blue screen and then turns off. What could be causing this? Do i need to get my pcm reflashed? I thought that was only for the trucks with navigation system. hmmm Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey Gig'em Fx2 did you ever get the blue screen fixed mine is doing the same thing and the few dealers I called around here had no clue. Hope its a cheap easy fix this is starting to add up.

Thanks

Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by CentexBoom
Hey Gig'em Fx2 did you ever get the blue screen fixed mine is doing the same thing and the few dealers I called around here had no clue. Hope its a cheap easy fix this is starting to add up.

Thanks
You guys may want to read the last 5 or six pages of this thread. It seems some things have changed in the recent months.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
I am glad to finally be of some help to someone. you probably bough the camera from nailsandshades and her camera is a little different (i think its for the 11's) you are going to have to move some of the wires around ( i did the ones from the harness that connects to the taillight harness since my camera was already installed and i didn't want to buy a new emblem since its a one time use item) . Here is a link of the forum where i found my answer. Its fairly easy to fix and it honestly took me 5 minutes to fix, and let me know if you would like some pics of mine, and i would be more than glad to send them, though its pretty straight forward.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/09-rear...18468/index60/

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Mirror Backup Camera Install