2009 - 2014 F-150

My first post. Please help me guys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first post. Please help me guys.

Hey guys,

I bought a 2010 F-150 XL in June of 2010. I love the truck so far, I have a few questions that no one at my dealership can seem to give me straight answers on. It's a crew cab 4 door truck as well.

The GM is a good friend of my parents business, so he gave me a hell of a deal on this truck. Only draw back was that it had a few plain features. It was sold as a fleet vehicle. The only issues are my grill is that black plastic style. My side mirrors are black plastic with no lights or metal on them. Also my rims are........fleet rims LOL!

I didn't care at the time because he made me a hell of a deal, and always figured I could add stuff to it later. I'm looking to add some things, but everyone at my dealership gives me the run around, because their all very old and not very modern.

I went to the Ford site where it shows you the accessores to buy. I liked the chrome grill, and the 5" black side step bars. I also saw there is a keyless entry that can be added with no wiring, or drilling needed. My question is on these, and some more things.

I miss the blutooth access in my old car. I don't have Sync or satellite radio, but I have the buttons for the phone and the SAT radio. Is there a way to add these to my vehicle. Can I get SYNC installed, and what about SAT radio?

My father in law has a 2010 XLT Lariat that has the rear view camera on his rear view mirror. Can the dealership add that as well. What if I decided to add navigation with satellite, like the Lariarts come with.

If anyone knows what I can add, or not to this truck would be great. It's the dark silver with black. I think the chrome grill, and black side steps would look great. Understand that I wouldn't be doing any of the installation on this, because when it comes to that stuff I'm an idiot.

Thanks in advance guys. I'm loving the new Ford truck.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
ill try and help i think the grills are a 2 piece if not the surrond will have to replaced as well there are some on ebay that can be looked at. the side steps can be put on any vehilce, i think you have to have the factory remote keyless entry to add the outside button setup. it will be cheaper and easier to add a aftermarket radio with the features you want than to get the factory nav installed. ive got pics of the aftermarket nav i installed in my truck in my pics, has nav,bluetooth,dvd hope this helps

Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I can help you with a couple:
- I just ordered the 5" black steps from a local dealer (not mine). I called all dealers in the area until I finally was given what I felt was a good price. also, you can save some $$ by installing yourself.
- Buddy of mine added the keyless entry to his 10 Screw through the dealer, ended up paying about 50.00 more than Tasca had it for. very easy to self install as well.
Hope this helps

Old 08-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Almost everything you mentioned can be added to your truck relatively easily. After all, most of it is factory options. One other place you might try to find some of this stuff is right here in the classifieds. I've found many good deals in there from fellow members who have further upgraded their trucks.

Quick Reply: My first post. Please help me guys.