2009 - 2014 F-150

Stomped by a Tundra I think...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^
Maybe, but i bet the 6.2 will last longer.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 AM
This has been VERY entertaining. Broke, that was an outstanding rebuttal! One question though, MGD where did you get that pic of my wife?

Prolly left myself open on this one...

Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by garycoleman
Face it, the Ford 4.6L 3V and 5.4L 3V suck compared to the Toyota 4.6L and 5.7L.
Yes, in a test to display how flexible the truck frame is, Ford sucks. The Toyota clearly WON the test to see which frame would flex more, no argument from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

It must be the extra horsepower that Toyota has... it is a specially engineered frame.
See, on hard acceleration the Toyota frame will twist with the rotational forces of the engine trying to accelerate. This will literally load the frame with kinetic energy, and a valuable resource is stored away safely into the steel of the frame.
As the truck leaves the line, the stored kinetic energy is released back from the frame and the driver will feel a surge of power as the "twist" unloads.

Ultimately this results in the truck accelerating like a beast.

Probably.

Either that, or the Toyota frame is in reality just slightly stronger than the aluminum frame of my pedal bike, and it shows in all the tests when it is loaded like a truck might be.
It distorts and contorts uncomfortably, much like a Toyota owner trying to justify his purchase.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by BrokeVW
It must be the extra horsepower that Toyota has... it is a specially engineered frame.
See, on hard acceleration the Toyota frame will twist with the rotational forces of the engine trying to accelerate. This will literally load the frame with kinetic energy, and a valuable resource is stored away safely into the steel of the frame.
As the truck leaves the line, the stored kinetic energy is released back from the frame and the driver will feel a surge of power as the "twist" unloads.

Probably.

Either that, or the Toyota frame is in reality just slightly stronger than the aluminum frame of my pedal bike, and it shows in all the tests when it is loaded like a truck might be.
It distorts and contorts uncomfortably, much like a Toyota owner trying to justify his purchase.
The flex in the Tundra frame isn't there to improve acceleration, it's been engineered to improve MPG. When the kinetic energy stored in the frame is released, mileage improves by a minimum of 5 MPG. This is why you see Tundra owners driving with the throttle constantly pinned to the floor.

Toyota's claim that the Tundra can tow 10,000 lbs is ridiculous. The very second you put that much weight on the hitch it would twist the frame so bad that the "truck" would permanently dogtrack. It's not built like the open frame on the Super Duty, from high strength steel with crossmembers in the right places to distribute the load.

I'm really looking forward to seeing an '07 Tundra at the 10 year mark, just to see how well it's stood up to the test of time. Since I'm already seeing '07 models with doors and tailgates that no longer close properly, I'm guessing they won't do very well.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alex7191
>major replacements

>balljoints, sparkplugs

hey i havent had to fix anything on it yet some my wallet is thankful so far

Old 09-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
Theres a reason all of their trucks have the "TRD" stamped on the side....just labeling it as Turd so all will know.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
tundra has the 5.7L i do believe, and compared to your 4.6 would probably put it to shame any day without mods. The ford 5.4L would have put up more of a fight.
Unlikely, seeing as the newer 4.6 is able to pull ahead of the 5.4 in top-end. The 3v 4.6 has a larger power band, and makes slightly more horsepower to the wheels than the 5.4 does. The 5.4 would have probably done better off the line, but the gap would have been slightly larger at the end.

Also, that 5.7 Tundra motor is ridiculous, but like what has been said before, that's all it has going for it. Having never driven one before, I drove a friends 5.7 at the local track, and pulled a high 13 on my first pass. I don't remember the exact time, but the truck was completely stock.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
rok
Hey all i wanna know is how did my C__k turn orange? All I been doing is watching some Educational videos and eating some cheese puffs? Help please i am stumped!

Now how bout them squirrels!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey ROK, Congrats on your baby. I love the Keys and go every chance I get, but this Dengue fever outbreak is a little scary. Are people worried down there or is it no big deal to the locals ?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
rok
I dont sweat it. I havent heard any locals being worried either. Im pretty much immune to anything. I got blessed with a super efficient imnmune system. My colds when I get them are sniffles and a cough cause of nasal drip. I never lose any energy or have any other symptoms. I heard there where only 17 cases. I worry about my wife cause she is prego but she usually stays indoors cause she dont like the heat or the sun! Thanks also. But i havent known anyone to get it so im like whatever. When its on the national news i might worry. I do love the keys though. Only major thing to complain about it the drive to the mainland!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 PM

I have a favorite new thread!!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by BrokeVW
Yes, in a test to display how flexible the truck frame is, Ford sucks. The Toyota clearly WON the test to see which frame would flex more, no argument from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

Probably.

I was just talking about engines, not frames or anything else. I'm well aware that the F-150 is a better truck all around but the pre-2011 engine line up is garbage.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm well aware that the F-150 is a better truck all around but the pre-2011 engine line up is garbage.
Mmmmmm'Kay

Old 09-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was just talking about engines, not frames or anything else. I'm well aware that the F-150 is a better truck all around but the pre-2011 engine line up is garbage.
Oooooo - the 4.6L 3v guys are gonna get all wedgied up by that comment ...

MGD

Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Man, that vid is very telling at 29secs. Look at that bed flex

Quick Reply: Stomped by a Tundra I think...