2009 - 2014 F-150

Stomped by a Tundra I think...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stomped by a Tundra I think...

It was a newer truck, one of the bigger Toyota trucks, I think a Tundra?
Anyway, both of us at a stop light, I had no intention of racing him, but had every intention of nailing it from the light to jump the slow pack... he surprised me by also nailing it from the light.

We ran from zero to about 50-60 or so, then he backed off, but he had me easily by a truck length or more before he quit. It was a sound whooping I'm afraid.:o

I have the 3V 4.6L and 3.73 LSD

His truck was fast, but it is probably lighter... I've seen the video, they saved weight by not welding anything and using paperclip wire to attach the bed on the Toyota, so it was quicker, but I was still glad I didn't own it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j3PWGRrCZ4

Old 09-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Don't worry about it, that's the only thing a Tundra owner can claim over the F150.

The Toyota Turd sucks in every other aspect and is a total fail as a truck.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:10 AM

tundra has the 5.7L i do believe, and compared to your 4.6 would probably put it to shame any day without mods. The ford 5.4L would have put up more of a fight.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor

^
Tundra does have the 5.7L....its ok, when his transmission blows up, his teeth fall out from the rattle, his bed crashes thru the rear window and his tailgate falls off he will wish he had bought a Ford.

Theres a reason all of their trucks have the "TRD" stamped on the side....just labeling it as Turd so all will know.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Long time lurker since I sold my last Ford and went through another few trucks. I haven't posted in a couple years but had to throw this out there. I'm now the proud owner of an 09 Crewmax 5.7. Dude, face it. You cheaped out and got the wimpier motor and are running around trying to outrun trucks with real engines because you have no clue what it is exactly you're trying to run with.

My version: Crewmax 4x4 5.7, 6 spd auto.
Curb weight: approx. 5800 pounds with me in it.
4:30 gears

0-60 times for the 4x4 Crewmax vary between 6.5 and 6.9 seconds depending on which publication you're looking at, and quarter mile times are pretty close to 15 flat.

If you ran with a Double Cab, with the SMALLER two rear doors, you're looking at 0-60 times only a hair above 6 seconds flat and quarter mile in the high 14s.

If you're looking at a regular cab 5.7 4x2, expect to see the quarter in low 14s and 0-60 in HIGH 5's.

Accept you have a wimpy engine and know what you're running next time so you don't get embarassed. You got beat, plain and simple. Sour grapes and talking about the other truck being fast cause it's made of paper clips and tin foil don't change the fact that you raced the wrong truck. Although I'm sure you can hang with many minivans.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
60mph = 88ft/sec. So a truck length is about 20ft, so that is 0.25s. There is no way it was the Tundra 5.7L if it was only a truck length quicker. It was a smaller engined Tundra or Tacoma. I fail to understand how you losing to an unknown Toyota pickup means anything. Something I would have kept to myself.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In other news, I drag-raced my Kubota 2200BX tractor last night. Boy, my feet can sure make me scoot compared to my tractor, but I ain't worth a dam at cutting acres of grass or plowing snow!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by eharri3
Dude, face it. You cheaped out and got the wimpier motor and are running around trying to outrun trucks with real engines because you have no clue what it is exactly you're trying to run with.
You're an idiot and an *******.

You must be a child. No mature adult would say something as stupid as that.
Did Mommy buy you a new truck?

Cheaped out and got the wimpier motor.... yes, I cheaped out, because you know, my finances are bad. I so desperately wanted the bigger engine to suck more fuel but offer only marginal power increases, but I just couldn't afford it. I just couldn't scrape enough pennies up to get the extra engine.

I mean, I ordered the truck the way I wanted, and had the opportunity to be as smart as YOU, and get the BIG engine but I cheaped out. I KNOW that extra 18hp and 45 ft-lbs of torque would have absolutely rocketed me past the other truck, but I cheaped out.

I was headed to pick my cousin up to head to the range to do some shooting, hmmm.... do you think the 37 pound Barrett M82 rifle added too much weight?
Maybe I should have left the $8000 rifle and $4000 submachine gun and the accompanying ammo at home, to lessen the weight, since I cheaped out and got the small engine.... darn my poor financial luck anyway!

I'm just out there trying to pick races with pickup trucks, I mean, because NOTHING is exciting as seeing two work vehicles drag race, that is sheer excitement right there. The rush of seeing a machine just shoot off breaking 60mph in under 10 seconds... thrilling.
It had NOTHING to do with the cargo van, the old lady in the LeBaron, or the guy on his phone all running 7-10 mph under the speed limit in the other lane, with one lane totally empty as we approached the yellow light. Nothing to do with me getting around slower traffic.
Nah, I totally stalked that guy in the Toyota out... because you know, I'm thinking I'm pretty big **** with my 4.6L Ford pickup truck.

I understand your mistake, it isn't like I came out at the very start and stated my intentions of just getting around the pack, but not looking for a race. Now, had I said something like that at the start, well then, you'd look like a pretty big moron, wouldn't you? I mean, you'd have to have some sort of mental deficiency to say something like that had I been clear in my original post, right?

Oh wait, I was clear. I did state I wasn't looking to race. You DO look like a pretty big moron! It all makes sense now!

Let's see what other nonsensical drivel you managed to stab out of your moms keyboard....

Did you get the optional bed attachment kit, which keeps the bed of the truck from looking like it is about to fall off?
No, wait... they're supposed to do that, right? They intentionally designed the truck that way so it is faster.... just like a javelin wobbles in the air when thrown, or a golf ball has dimples, the insane flex in the back of your "truck" is there to induce increased MPH through advanced areodynamics, right?
Nifty! I'm quite jealous.... I wonder if I remove several fasteners from the bed of my truck, cut a few flex channels in the frame, and replace the other fasteners with thinner bolts if I too can get that awesome affect with MY truck bed.
If not, I'll be slower, BUT.... I'll just have to find solace in the fact my truck is an actual truck and not a "truck".

I tell you, your post has just got me all depressed. I mean, I'm cheap, my truck is slow, I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't know what I'm up against.... man oh man, I'm trembling!

0-60 times for the 4x4 Crewmax vary between 6.5 and 6.9 seconds depending on which publication you're looking at, and quarter mile times are pretty close to 15 flat.
How do you control so much power?
Oh, this states 7.2 secs 0-60 for a 2010 5.7 Crewmax... http://www.onlinetowingguide.com/tes...rewMax4x4.html ...still faster than my F150, which SUCKS, because I totally bought the truck for sheer speed, and not at all for any truck related reasons... I mean, I wouldn't even CARE if the bed of my truck would wobble dangerously like yours, I don't USE it for anything, I just decided to get a pickup truck for the looks or the speed... nothing to do with needing it to haul anything.
I guess Ford made them tougher than your truck because they thought, foolishly, that owners would want strength in their trucks... when in fact I just love the looks and performance one immediately associates with a pickup truck. Yeah!

If you ran with a Double Cab, with the SMALLER two rear doors, you're looking at 0-60 times only a hair above 6 seconds flat and quarter mile in the high 14s.

If you're looking at a regular cab 5.7 4x2, expect to see the quarter in low 14s and 0-60 in HIGH 5's.
Amazing. Nothing as exciting as pickup truck performance specs.
Even with all that... guess what? I still wouldn't buy one over my F150.

Accept you have a wimpy engine
Totally dude, and I feels absolutely horribles about its, I really dos.

know what you're running next time so you don't get embarassed.
Dude, man, bro, I totally was. I was all like "Noes! Damn! Oh man! I'm so utterly embarrassed about this, I'm going to go post the story online, so I may be reminded I'm just cheap and don't know what I'm doing, I'm so embarrassed!"... I really was. Right there in my slow truck.
The tears welled up so big I had to pull to the side to gain my composure.

You got beat, plain and simple.
Now, what drew you to that stunningly intellectual conclusion, may I ask?
It wasn't in my original post where I said I was whooped was it? Is that where you gathered your info for such a brilliant statement?
Not only are your social skills beyond recourse, your deductive logic is something to admire.

Sour grapes and talking about the other truck being fast cause it's made of paper clips and tin foil don't change the fact that you raced the wrong truck.
I totally raced the wrong truck. I was all set to race, I mean, I stalked this guy out... that morning I got up and thought "Self, today we are going to go out and hand a Toyota "truck" it's *** on a platter, yeaaaaah!!!" but I was left embarrassed, beaten, tail between my legs, I think I saw a flock of birds above us in the air laughing at my truck and defeat. It was truly gruesome.

Hey, you know what other fact hasn't changed? The fact your truck is made like a childs toy.

Although I'm sure you can hang with many minivans.
Nope, I'm done. I've been soundly bested both on the road and here on the forums by a Toyota truck owner... I'm hanging up my racing helmet and gloves, I can't take anymore embarrassment.

You win. Dude.

Oh, your mom likes my truck

Old 09-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BrokeVW
You're an idiot and an *******.

You must be a child. No mature adult would say something as stupid as that.
Did Mommy buy you a new truck?

Cheaped out and got the wimpier motor.... yes, I cheaped out, because you know, my finances are bad. I so desperately wanted the bigger engine to suck more fuel but offer only marginal power increases, but I just couldn't afford it. I just couldn't scrape enough pennies up to get the extra engine.

I mean, I ordered the truck the way I wanted, and had the opportunity to be as smart as YOU, and get the BIG engine but I cheaped out. I KNOW that extra 18hp and 45 ft-lbs of torque would have absolutely rocketed me past the other truck, but I cheaped out.

I was headed to pick my cousin up to head to the range to do some shooting, hmmm.... do you think the 37 pound Barrett M82 rifle added too much weight?
Maybe I should have left the $8000 rifle and $4000 submachine gun and the accompanying ammo at home, to lessen the weight, since I cheaped out and got the small engine.... darn my poor financial luck anyway!

I'm just out there trying to pick races with pickup trucks, I mean, because NOTHING is exciting as seeing two work vehicles drag race, that is sheer excitement right there. The rush of seeing a machine just shoot off breaking 60mph in under 10 seconds... thrilling.
It had NOTHING to do with the cargo van, the old lady in the LeBaron, or the guy on his phone all running 7-10 mph under the speed limit in the other lane, with one lane totally empty as we approached the yellow light. Nothing to do with me getting around slower traffic.
Nah, I totally stalked that guy in the Toyota out... because you know, I'm thinking I'm pretty big **** with my 4.6L Ford pickup truck.

I understand your mistake, it isn't like I came out at the very start and stated my intentions of just getting around the pack, but not looking for a race. Now, had I said something like that at the start, well then, you'd look like a pretty big moron, wouldn't you? I mean, you'd have to have some sort of mental deficiency to say something like that had I been clear in my original post, right?

Oh wait, I was clear. I did state I wasn't looking to race. You DO look like a pretty big moron! It all makes sense now!

Let's see what other nonsensical drivel you managed to stab out of your moms keyboard....

Did you get the optional bed attachment kit, which keeps the bed of the truck from looking like it is about to fall off?
No, wait... they're supposed to do that, right? They intentionally designed the truck that way so it is faster.... just like a javelin wobbles in the air when thrown, or a golf ball has dimples, the insane flex in the back of your "truck" is there to induce increased MPH through advanced areodynamics, right?
Nifty! I'm quite jealous.... I wonder if I remove several fasteners from the bed of my truck, cut a few flex channels in the frame, and replace the other fasteners with thinner bolts if I too can get that awesome affect with MY truck bed.
If not, I'll be slower, BUT.... I'll just have to find solace in the fact my truck is an actual truck and not a "truck".

I tell you, your post has just got me all depressed. I mean, I'm cheap, my truck is slow, I don't know what I'm doing, and I don't know what I'm up against.... man oh man, I'm trembling!

How do you control so much power?
Oh, this states 7.2 secs 0-60 for a 2010 5.7 Crewmax... http://www.onlinetowingguide.com/tes...rewMax4x4.html ...still faster than my F150, which SUCKS, because I totally bought the truck for sheer speed, and not at all for any truck related reasons... I mean, I wouldn't even CARE if the bed of my truck would wobble dangerously like yours, I don't USE it for anything, I just decided to get a pickup truck for the looks or the speed... nothing to do with needing it to haul anything.
I guess Ford made them tougher than your truck because they thought, foolishly, that owners would want strength in their trucks... when in fact I just love the looks and performance one immediately associates with a pickup truck. Yeah!

Amazing. Nothing as exciting as pickup truck performance specs.
Even with all that... guess what? I still wouldn't buy one over my F150.

Totally dude, and I feels absolutely horribles about its, I really dos.

Dude, man, bro, I totally was. I was all like "Noes! Damn! Oh man! I'm so utterly embarrassed about this, I'm going to go post the story online, so I may be reminded I'm just cheap and don't know what I'm doing, I'm so embarrassed!"... I really was. Right there in my slow truck.
The tears welled up so big I had to pull to the side to gain my composure.

Now, what drew you to that stunningly intellectual conclusion, may I ask?
It wasn't in my original post where I said I was whooped was it? Is that where you gathered your info for such a brilliant statement?
Not only are your social skills beyond recourse, your deductive logic is something to admire.

I totally raced the wrong truck. I was all set to race, I mean, I stalked this guy out... that morning I got up and thought "Self, today we are going to go out and hand a Toyota "truck" it's *** on a platter, yeaaaaah!!!" but I was left embarrassed, beaten, tail between my legs, I think I saw a flock of birds above us in the air laughing at my truck and defeat. It was truly gruesome.

Hey, you know what other fact hasn't changed? The fact your truck is made like a childs toy.

Nope, I'm done. I've been soundly bested both on the road and here on the forums by a Toyota truck owner... I'm hanging up my racing helmet and gloves, I can't take anymore embarrassment.

You win. Dude.

Oh, your mom likes my truck

Oh boy.

Actually - he did win. As you just confirmed it by that lengthy, impassioned diatribe above; he TOTALLY got under yer skin. Shame on you for being such easy prey.

And APT got it right - it was likely not even the 5.7L that did the deed. If it had been, it would have been far worse a beating, or he simply wasn't trying all that much.

MGD

Old 09-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by APT
60mph = 88ft/sec. So a truck length is about 20ft, so that is 0.25s. There is no way it was the Tundra 5.7L if it was only a truck length quicker. It was a smaller engined Tundra or Tacoma.
I failed to break out the laser rangefinder to get an exact distance and I was recalling the story later, but the fact remains he beat me. Perhaps it was 1.25 truck lengths, or 2.16 lengths, I'm not sure... I don't care

Originally Posted by APT
I fail to understand how you losing to an unknown Toyota pickup means anything.
Why would you assume it means anything? Does every post on the forum actually mean something and has a definitive point?

Originally Posted by APT
Something I would have kept to myself.
If it bothers you, then you should.
I personally don't care.... really. It was a slow night on the forums, not much being posted here, it was truck-related, so I posted it.
I thought it was common knowledge that they aren't drag trucks and were routinely beaten by Toyota trucks... it wasn't like I was trying to prove a point either way... just posting to post.

I literally couldn't be less affected by the impromptu race if I tried. I had no intention of racing, the other truck did, I participated fully, he beat me, and I drove on to my cousins and to the range. I thought it was entertaining he and I just took off like that, entertaining to see the trucks compete, and I thought possibly entertaining to post up solely for discussions sake.

If nothing else, it saved me from some boredom this afternoon replying to the idiot with the Toyota that posted.... so in the end, I still win

Old 09-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Actually - he did win. As you just confirmed it by that lengthy, impassioned diatribe above; he TOTALLY got under yer skin.
Hardly... more entertaining for me really to bang him up online... it isn't often I get into fights online anymore and they're enjoyable, especially when they're easy like this guy was.
I'm so used to just posting VW transaxle info day in and day out with no drama, I rather enjoyed this one!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Tbird69
Don't worry about it, that's the only thing a Tundra owner can claim over the F150.

The Toyota Turd sucks in every other aspect and is a total fail as a truck.
I'll vouch for that!!!! I just went through a lemon law arbitration last week and am currently awaiting the outcome. It is certainly a TURD!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Long time lurker since I sold my last Ford and went through another few trucks. I haven't posted in a couple years but had to throw this out there. I'm now the proud owner of an 09 Crewmax 5.7. Dude, face it. You cheaped out and got the wimpier motor and are running around trying to outrun trucks with real engines because you have no clue what it is exactly you're trying to run with.

Accept you have a wimpy engine and know what you're running next time so you don't get embarassed. You got beat, plain and simple. Sour grapes and talking about the other truck being fast cause it's made of paper clips and tin foil don't change the fact that you raced the wrong truck. Although I'm sure you can hang with many minivans.
Good lord what a tool. This guy takes the award for biggest douche i've ever come across on this forum.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
good thread and just so the toyota guy knows I smoked a tundra I raced bad to. who cares really we all know what would know what would happened it we took a ford and hooked to a toyota

Old 09-01-2010, 06:21 PM

Can wimpy engines last several hundred thousand miles while working hard in the process? Has the 5.7 even been around long enough to make that claim?

I forgot, speed trumps longevity every time.

Quick Reply: Stomped by a Tundra I think...