2009 - 2014 F-150

Cargo Light + Reverse Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo Light + Reverse Light

I got an idea that I would like to do but Im not quite sure how to go about it. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

I am looking to wire my cargo light (the white part NOT the 3rd brakelight) to my reverse lights, so whenever I put it in reverse the white cargo lights come on also. Im sure it is possible just do not know how to do it.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
In other words....

I want it to look like this....but with my reverse lights on too.
http://www.f150forum.com/members/f-a...50/24346-a.jpg

Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If the line feeding the backup lights can source enough current, this might work:

But i haven't really investigated the backup lighting system, just an idea. I'll check on it tonight when I get home.

Last edited by ncTidalWave; 09-13-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: updated image
Old 09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I would think that would produce a glare effect that would make it harder to see behind the truck.

Why not add lights under the truck and wire them into the reverse lights, similar to a lot of people here?

Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by TX Chris
I would think that would produce a glare effect that would make it harder to see behind the truck.

Why not add lights under the truck and wire them into the reverse lights, similar to a lot of people here?

Its more of a custom/set apart from the rest thing. Not really worried about the AMOUNT of lighting, my led reverse bulbs do pretty well with that. Just like the look and like to do different things from everyone else. Thanks for all the input so far

Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by F-amous150
Its more of a custom/set apart from the rest thing. Not really worried about the AMOUNT of lighting, my led reverse bulbs do pretty well with that. Just like the look and like to do different things from everyone else. Thanks for all the input so far
I hear you, but I would find a way to test it first. Turn on your dome/cargo light and cover the interior dome light with something. Then see if you can actually look out the rear window at night with the bed light on.

I would be more worried about function than looks - what good does an extra light in reverse do if it only blinds you?

Quick Reply: Cargo Light + Reverse Light