2009 - 2014 F-150

New Aftermarket In Dash Nav.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Aftermarket In Dash Nav.

I finally pulled the trigger on a new in dash nav. setup for my '09 XLT. I got a Kenwood DNX7160. Cost break down from an authorized Kenwood dealer was, dash kit $30, wire harness $80, steering wheel control $50, Nav. $1,375, labor $150, and Massachusetts sales tax $95.67 (f*%kin bastards). Total came to $1,780 and change. I'm also gonna add a dedicated iPOD cable which is $29.99 next week. Let me say this thing is awesome and ten times better than Sync, which never worked for me and generally just frustrated me. I have no pics but here's the product link: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...gation/DNX7160
Also $100 rebate from Kenwood till the end of September.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's a nice stereo / nav unit. A tad expensive for my taste. If it were half that cost I would have pulled the trigger a long time ago.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 PM
To the T/S, I'm glad ou like your new head unit. I have two close friends with Dodge MegaCabs, both of which have fully built stereo systems (there's so much room behind the rear seat in the MegaCAB!). I played with the Sync system at a dealership, basically rocked out in the parking lot. I left the lot knowing I would build a system for my new truck (still waiting on the 2011, LOL).

Originally Posted by sharper4
Wow, that's a nice stereo / nav unit. A tad expensive for my taste. If it were half that cost I would have pulled the trigger a long time ago.
Keep your eyes open and you'll be amazed what you can find. I bought a Pioneer AVIC z110bt for $898 from Sixth Avenue Electronics. The deal was a very limited time offer so I jumped on it. At the time, I didn't have a clue I would be waiting so darn long for the '11 F150 to be released. I've got a bad-*** head unit sitting in my closet with no truck to wrap around it... :o

Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I probably could've got this unit for cheaper from the internet, but to get the rebate I needed to purchase from an authorized dealer and I don't like buying expensive stuff online anyway. The place that installed/bought it is literally two miles down the road from my house. If I have any problems I can go right there, it also would've voided the warranty if I bought it from some random website. To me the couple of hundred extra $$$ I spent is worth the piece of mind I got.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:29 PM
RCB
Nice unit. Post some pics of it installed. Did you have an existing rear view camera to hook into it? Where did you find the dash kit?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by RCB
Nice unit. Post some pics of it installed. Did you have an existing rear view camera to hook into it? Where did you find the dash kit?
I'd love to post pics but i'm stuck in 1997 and don't have a digital camera. No rear view camera yet and the dealer took care of the dash kit but he sad he used metra.

Quick Reply: New Aftermarket In Dash Nav.