2009 - 2014 F-150

Continued A/C Woes.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racer114
Quit complaining and take it in under warranty!

Uh, as stated, I did this to no avail. It has been in four times for this issue and still no resolution.
Can't you lemon law a vehicle after three attempts to correct an issue without a fix? I know it's a little extreme to push a lemon law because of AC issues, but you gotta do whatever it's gonna take to make you happy. No sense on making payments on something that you can't stand driving.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes on the lemon law. However, they keep saying nothing is wrong and it isn't a safety issue. I've been down that road once with a Chrysler product and the only reason we got a resolution in our favor is because it was a major safety issue (car would stall for no reason going down the freeway).

I guess I'll just have to live with it or look at trading. I hate to do that, but this is not acceptable in $40K vehicle. I'm not making payments (I paid cash), but it still makes me mad as heck.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by racer114
Yes on the lemon law. However, they keep saying nothing is wrong and it isn't a safety issue. I've been down that road once with a Chrysler product and the only reason we got a resolution in our favor is because it was a major safety issue (car would stall for no reason going down the freeway).

I guess I'll just have to live with it or look at trading. I hate to do that, but this is not acceptable in $40K vehicle. I'm not making payments (I paid cash), but it still makes me mad as heck.
First you need to determine how well or poor the A/C is working before winter sets in.

Did you get a temperature gauge and stick it in the middle vent? If it is above 45F then you have a problem and should use that information to seek resolution.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well appears as though the 2011's are no better ... https://www.f150online.com/forums/4346480-post16.html.

How unfortunate

MGD

Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been "monitoring" mine since there is so much discussion here.
I stick a digital thermometer I use in my A/C work on house units in the vent.
The temp constantly fluctuates. It will drop to 43.4 than rise back up to above 47 degrees. Then it drops back down to 43.3 than back up. It looks like the setting to keep the unit from freezing up is off. Not sure if the Great Computer controls this also?? Most trucks I have had in the past would stay at the same temp once the cab air is stable. I run on recycle all the time. Auto or manual settings produce the same results. My truck is white with tan leather, 2010 Supercab body. Air cools down well but I would like to see temp in the 30's like my 98 Silverado was. I may play with the charge a bit if I ever get time.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by House Doc
I have been "monitoring" mine since there is so much discussion here.
I stick a digital thermometer I use in my A/C work on house units in the vent.
The temp constantly fluctuates. It will drop to 43.4 than rise back up to above 47 degrees. Then it drops back down to 43.3 than back up. It looks like the setting to keep the unit from freezing up is off. Not sure if the Great Computer controls this also?? Most trucks I have had in the past would stay at the same temp once the cab air is stable. I run on recycle all the time. Auto or manual settings produce the same results. My truck is white with tan leather, 2010 Supercab body. Air cools down well but I would like to see temp in the 30's like my 98 Silverado was. I may play with the charge a bit if I ever get time.
That is interesting.

I am wondering if the system could be overcharged or undercharged?

Do you have a A/C manifold gauge set to check your Hi/Lo pressures?

Old 09-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I just wrote to Ford Customer Service. If they reply and tell me the same thing that two dealerships have told me, "it is working within design limits;" I'm going to try the Ranger heater valve mod to bypass coolant around the heater core when Max A/C is selected. Does anyone here know which hose has vacuum applied when the A/C is set to Max? FYI, it's a 2010 XLT w/5.4

Quick Reply: Continued A/C Woes.