2009 - 2014 F-150

New overlays from patriot decals

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin good! Makes me want to climb into a 2010 model.

Did you tint the heads with nightshade or an overlay?

Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by fivefiftysix
It means that you just identified yourself as a target for the criminals. But hey, maybe I am paranoid.
I'm a Deputy Sheriff and your comment is exactly how I feel about it as well. I appreciate the showing of heart for our fellow brothers n sisters that you have on your truck. However, I'm not one to advertise. Same feeling with putting golden stars on the backs of windows identifying yourself as law enforcement or friend of law enforcement.

On a side note: BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Nice! I like the blue and dark gray.

Slightly off-topic, does PD still offer the "F150 Online sticker"? I can't find it anywhere.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 AM
rok
www.patriotdecals.com take a look or email them

Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
*I deleted this because it was a retarded statement, I must have been on drugs or something to think that sticker was something else!"

Last edited by ktogun; 02-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ktogun
dude, that's the symbol for the human rights campaign that caters to homosexuals. I'm in the dc metro area and anybody with one of those on their car is a guaranteed homosexual petri dish. They use flaming gays to pass out flyers on street corners with faux hawks, skinny jeans, white sunglasses, and chuck taylors. Sorry to all you LE out there, but maybe you should have them make the line thinner. That truck is pretty jacked, but looks like a gay avenger vehicle to me given the association of that sticker. Just trying to help out, not trying to be a d*** at all.
I am not sure how to respond to this, or anything about this.

I am not even sure anyone else knows how to respond to it.

I guess, personally I would have kept that tid bit of info to my self, assuming its true.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Tint Questions

Reaper,
Did you mask off the lights before you tinted them? Did you use Nightshade as well? Any Clear coat? That is one of the best jobs that I have seen on lights, most just look darker all over.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:56 PM
dude, that's the symbol for the human rights campaign that caters to homosexuals. I'm in the dc metro area and anybody with one of those on their car is a guaranteed homosexual petri dish. They use flaming gays to pass out flyers on street corners with faux hawks, skinny jeans, white sunglasses, and chuck taylors. Sorry to all you LE out there, but maybe you should have them make the line thinner. That truck is pretty jacked, but looks like a gay avenger vehicle to me given the association of that sticker. Just trying to help out, not trying to be a d*** at all.
ok, thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by JD Woods
Reaper,
Did you mask off the lights before you tinted them? Did you use Nightshade as well? Any Clear coat? That is one of the best jobs that I have seen on lights, most just look darker all over.
Yea, I masked them off and used 4 or 5 coats of niteshades and 2 shots of clear coat.

Also as much as it irritates the hell out of me I pulled the other decal off since one ripped. I'll be shooting them black this weekend. I guess they looked good for awhile and I took pics. :o

Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 PM
I have a thin red line license plate although I'm currently not a firefighter at the moment since I'm in the process of joining the Army. However, about two years ago when I had my Jeep I had a Irish firefighter decal on the back window. I got pulled over because I ran a light that started out yellow but quickly went red before my back tires were passed the line, and the LEO asked me why I had the sticker. I explained that I was a firefighter, and he asked if I had any proof. Luckily, I happened to have my turnout gear and SCBA in the back. Got out of ticket thankfully.

In a response more relevant to the OP, although it might attract more unwanted attention, I think it looks pretty awesome.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
How difficult was the headlight tinting?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Black Dog 10
How difficult was the headlight tinting?
Difficult, not at all. More time consuming than anything else getting the tape laid down exactly the way I wanted it.

I pulled the other overlay that wasn't ripped and painted the emblems black. I think I prefer that look.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:38 AM

I agree with most of the concerns mentioned above. I'm even weary that my wife has a" Hero's live forever" license plate, which is a tribute to fallen offcers. That being said, i did put "Police Interceptor" decals under my side f-150 logos and" Pursuit vehicle" under the rear logo on my last truck that i sold. But most people just thought it was funny or my truck had the police package in my truck.

Around my area, a thin blue line sticker is just asking for my truck to get keyed or otherwise messed with. Not worth it for me.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 09-25-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Delete again.

Last edited by ktogun; 02-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Well here is the new emblem. Like I said, one decal ripped due to my aggressiveness with the power washer so I pulled them both and shot them black.

I used VHT Niteshades. Gives the emblem a black look until the light hits it directly then has almost a black chrome look. Plus it doesn't completely wash out the FORD lettering.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
I guess I'm completely homophobic an uninformed on the subject and had a knee jerk response to seeing that. I checked it out again online, and it's completely different than the sticker you had. Sorry. Next time I'll check it out first. Has anybody seen badge replacements instead of stickers? I'd like to see if they have brushed stainless steel or something titanium looking.
The Human Rights Campaign sticker (if that is what you're referring to) has a royal blue background and a yellow equal sign. I'm not sure how that could even be mistaken for a thin blue line decal in the least bit as they're totally different. And for the record, straight people have that decal/sticker/keychain/whatever also. Just remember that there are plenty of homosexual law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMS personnel, and military personnel (many of them you wouldn't know unless they told you) who put their lives on the line everyday and will give/have given the ultimate sacrifice for strangers like you while you condemn them and try to take away their rights...

Quick Reply: New overlays from patriot decals