2009 - 2014 F-150

Infinity Kappa Component Install 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity Kappa Component Install 2010

I installed Infinity Kappa Component speakers in my front doors today. I have a 2010 F150 SuperCrew. After completing both doors I noticed that the windows went up and down but seemed to lag at about 3/4 down. I removed the door panels and had the same result. I then loosened the speaker bolts and pulled the speakers out of the door about 5/16 of an inch and tried the windows again, this time there was no lag or hanging up feeling. I spaced them out from the door and tightened everything up. All is good. I cannot believe that this has not been mentioned before, I did read a lot of install threads. The speakers sound good, I will do the rears tomorrow. I think that an amplifier will be needed to bring these to life. ANY input or suggestions on a 4 channel amp? Thanks.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed some Boston SL80s last week and the magnets on the mids were hitting the plastic slide the glass attaches to. My windows were only able to roll about half way down... it really sucked. So I flipped them around for now, but I'm going to make some baffles to space them out, I need about 1/4" to clear.

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa Component Install 2010