2009 - 2014 F-150

Leveling kit ? Again

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leveling kit ? Again

I'm getting my new 2010 lariat 4x4 tomorrow and will just do a leveling kit instead of the big lift thing again.
Ok so I'm looking to run a 2" kit and 33 mud grips on my stock aluminum brushed 20s. Will I need to do cutting or will I have any rubbing issues on components?? Also are the angles severe with the 2" or 2.5" on the truck? Pics would be helpful.
Thanks

Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 PM
also i read a thread about these trucks having issues with this setup dealing with the tcs coming on....

Old 09-22-2010, 02:47 PM
You should'nt need to cut anything, they should fit just fine. Especially with stock rims. I have 2" level with 33's no probs, no rubbing. As for angles, don't go any higher than 2.5", I personally won't go over 2". Get your tire size calibrated into your computer so your speedo and shift points go back to stock settings and your traction control should be fine....like I said, I never had any problems. One more thing, make sure you get a level kit that has the offset.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

If you wind up having problems, you can get an SCT x3 programmer with a custom tune to bump up the traction control re-engage speed (I've heard this, I don't have one yet, so be sure to do your hw if you pursue a purchase ) Though to be honest, as much as I have voiced my dislike for the traction control system, it kicked in on me the other day and made staying out of the ditches a little easier (still had to steer to correct, but it was minimal). So I would disable/bump up the re-engage traction control system as a last resort. JMHO.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Will my offset leveling kit from my 2005 FX4 fit on my new 2010 Platinum??

Old 09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
what kit are you using bor543v and what offset are you referring to. thanks

Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the 05-10 suspension is the same up front, I dont see why the spacer wouldn't fit. The bottom flange of the spacer is offset (extended inwards) from the top flange so that at full extention travel of your suspension the control arm will not come in contact with the coil spring. I've seen a lot of cases where this was happening to trucks with large spacers and no offset. One way to tell if this is happening besides of course the sound and feel is just look for contact marks on your coil springs. I ordered my kit from ebay for $70, I think it was from ccm off road. Don't be fooled by expensive name brand kits! It is just a steel or aluminum chunk of metal...very simple. Cons= steel can rust, Aluminum can corrode.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:55 PM
I got my 2.5" offset leveling kit from CCM Offroad as well. No complaints about the product, however on my 2005 it make the A arm hit the coil spring. Never did figure out why some have this problem and some dont. But i dont want it to be a problem on the 2010! I'm just not sure how to prevent it. I did go with Bilstein shocks that could be adjusted to give a 2" lift but I'm afraid I stiffened up the ride, which I dont want to do either.
On a separate note, any idea how wide the wheels are on a 2010 Platinum with 20" wheels? Looking to put better rubber on.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by DXB-F150
Will my offset leveling kit from my 2005 FX4 fit on my new 2010 Platinum??
Originally Posted by bor543v
I'm pretty sure the 05-10 suspension is the same up front, I dont see why the spacer wouldn't fit. The bottom flange of the spacer is offset (extended inwards) from the top flange so that at full extention travel of your suspension the control arm will not come in contact with the coil spring. I've seen a lot of cases where this was happening to trucks with large spacers and no offset. One way to tell if this is happening besides of course the sound and feel is just look for contact marks on your coil springs. I ordered my kit from ebay for $70, I think it was from ccm off road. Don't be fooled by expensive name brand kits! It is just a steel or aluminum chunk of metal...very simple. Cons= steel can rust, Aluminum can corrode.
nope, the 09-10 is different than the previous years.

I do have issues with the TCS, although minor. VMP wasn't aware of any problems when I got my SCT tuner. I have a custom tune coming from PHP with the TCS turned off.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
ok thanks i saw that AS and zone offroad says there offset. i just need to pick one and if i want 2 or 2.5"

dave m how does the angles look with a 2.5" and would it be too much if i dont do the rear, all i want to do is fit 33s and have it sit level or just a hair higher wont bother me

Last edited by ColonelBlue; 09-27-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm not sure how it would look without the rear. Mine has 2.5" front and 3" blocks in the rear. It sits a bit higher in the rear.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I ordered the autospring 2.5 and rear 1.5 blocks (don't have any factory installed blocks on the factory 2010 XLT 2 WD- so rear end sits directly on the springs- didn't want the rear end to dip with a load) Will let you know how it goes.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Well here's my story which you might want to consider, AS 2.5" front and AS 1.5 AAL in the rear.

At full extension the upper control arms hit the coils.

My TCS comes on frequently around corners when there's any body rolling or bumps during the turn.

I bought and Edge Evolution and installed it over the weekend adjusting the tire size hoping the TCS issue would go away. It is just as bad as it ever was.

I am about ready to sell the 35s and rims and pull out the leveling kit and just go back to stock.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Gas Can
Well here's my story which you might want to consider, AS 2.5" front and AS 1.5 AAL in the rear.

At full extension the upper control arms hit the coils.

My TCS comes on frequently around corners when there's any body rolling or bumps during the turn.

I bought and Edge Evolution and installed it over the weekend adjusting the tire size hoping the TCS issue would go away. It is just as bad as it ever was.

I am about ready to sell the 35s and rims and pull out the leveling kit and just go back to stock.
I haven't had that problem. If the upper control arm hits the coils, it's not a big deal. How often do you see full extension, unless you are really pushing your vehicle. No TCS warnings here. Maybe something might be wrong with yours. My tires are 275/70/18. No problems.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah I am not too concerned about the control arm hitting the coil. But the TCS kicking on all the time is a problem. Having to slow down to a crawl before turning to prevent that is going to get my rear-ended one of these days.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit ? Again