2009 - 2014 F-150

Body Side Molding - I Hate To...But...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........Wonder if the black strips have the speckles as in the Tuxedo Black color..........Anyone know?

Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
see when i posted up last time i was way to drunk/hung over to see you had told us already lol
now i Am up to par
Hey it happens, especially on a fall Sunday afternoon if your team loses to the ex QB you just traded away.

Originally Posted by USAF Retired
Yep...I took the plunge and ordered them....from the same company as you got yours. According to FedEx, they're arriving today.

Can't wait! They do seem to look "stock", as opposed to after market. Now, if I can just get them on straight and level!
Take your time with them. Start with the rear door first, since it is the shorter strip. They are flexible so just go slow and follow your reference point. I used some wide clear tape to hold the front one in place where I wanted it to go while I did the rear door. That way I could step back and make sure I was putting them on straight. Maybe if you get a friend or a spouse to watch from a few feet back that could help - or maybe not depending on the spouse. They go on pretty quick and easy. Just make sure you use the alcohol prep pads or rubbing alcohol on a towel to wipe off any wax and residue in the area you're mounting them. I used a microfiber towel to run along the strip after mounting to apply pressure for about a minute to get a good seal on the mounting tape.

Good luck with yours and I hope they do the trick for you.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by hemigod
Hey it happens, especially on a fall Sunday afternoon if your team loses to the ex QB you just traded away.

Take your time with them. Start with the rear door first, since it is the shorter strip. They are flexible so just go slow and follow your reference point. I used some wide clear tape to hold the front one in place where I wanted it to go while I did the rear door. That way I could step back and make sure I was putting them on straight. Maybe if you get a friend or a spouse to watch from a few feet back that could help - or maybe not depending on the spouse. They go on pretty quick and easy. Just make sure you use the alcohol prep pads or rubbing alcohol on a towel to wipe off any wax and residue in the area you're mounting them. I used a microfiber towel to run along the strip after mounting to apply pressure for about a minute to get a good seal on the mounting tape.

Good luck with yours and I hope they do the trick for you.
Great tips. Thanks. Um...yeah. I have a spouse, but I do believe I'll ask a trusted neighbor to eyeball my progress!

Oh, by the way - is okay to drive within an hour or so after installing them, to allow the adhesive to set, or does it matter?

Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Just an update - I received my color moldings (same place as hemigod got his), and they are a perfect match. No one would ever know they're not stock, straight off the showroom floor.

I'd post pics (they're ingot silver metallic), but thought it would be redundant since hemigod already posted some.

They're definitely worth the price for a bit of peace of mind for those thoughtless door-openers, and look sharp. My neighbor is a Chevy owner and works in a body shop, so he has a pretty sharp eye.

He noticed them right away, and even he said those things should be on every truck, they look so good. Not to mention being functional.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Sorry the picture isn't better, but here's a picture of my 010 Screw with a chrome body molding. I looked at a bunch of different ones and this is the one that I thought looked best on my truck...

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Body Side Molding - I Hate To...But...