2009 - 2014 F-150

just thinking

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just thinking

since most of us install so kind of catback exhaust or louder muffler, for that great v8 sound or look

and now ford will be giving us the ecoboost...so how with theis truck sound with a exhaust. like a souped up 4 cylinder?

just a thought, since it would stop me personal from geting one

Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
yea itd prolle sound like a pissed off bumble bee playing a flute lol. id have to leave the stock exhaust on it unless a aftermarket exhaust made big gains with the twin turbo set up

Old 09-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by redfx4150
since most of us install so kind of catback exhaust or louder muffler, for that great v8 sound or look

and now ford will be giving us the ecoboost...so how with theis truck sound with a exhaust. like a souped up 4 cylinder?

just a thought, since it would stop me personal from geting one
i am sure one of the manufactures will make a decent sounding system i think you can count on it. IMO

Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM
If you would pass on the EB simply because of the exhaust note, well, I don't know what to say. I guess go enjoy your gas-guzzling V8 so you can have throaty exhaust. Personally, I'd rather drive a whisper-quiet gas sipper.

And I think the EB will sound like ca-ca with aftermarket mufflers. I've never heard a six cylinder that I thought sounded good with exhaust. My dad had the infamous 4.9 inline 6 with a flowmaster and it was decent, but I'd never do it to my truck.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Don't hate on the EB because you bought a 2010. Someone posted on the pickuptrucks.com forum from the ride and drive event that the EB engine sounded good!

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 09-27-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
Don't hate on the EB because you bought a 2010. Someone posted on the pickuptrucks.com forum from the ride and drive event that the EB engine sounded good!
Don't spout off ignorance just because some people don't share your opinion on the matter. Plenty of people are buying 2010s now and have sound, justifiable reasons for doing so, myself included.

The EB has potential, but considering there have been a grand total of ZERO purchased by the general public, isn't it a little premature to be questioning peoples judgement?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by agdaniels
Don't spout off ignorance just because some people don't share your opinion on the matter. Plenty of people are buying 2010s now and have sound, justifiable reasons for doing so, myself included.

The EB has potential, but considering there have been a grand total of ZERO purchased by the general public, isn't it a little premature to be questioning peoples judgement?
LOL. You 2010 owners are really touchy when it comes to the new engines. I have no problem with anyone buying a 2010. I encourage it!

Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 AM
LOL. You 2010 owners are really touchy when it comes to the new engines. I have no problem with anyone buying a 2010. I encourage it!
You're coming off as extremely childish categorizing people by their model year. In case you didn't realize this, people are going to have opinions irregardless of what they drive.

I'm glad you encourage it though, based on the amount of maturity you've shown so far in this thread, that encouragement should go a long way with people. And thats sarcasm.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by agdaniels

You're coming off as extremely childish categorizing people by their model year. In case you didn't realize this, people are going to have opinions irregardless of what they drive.

I'm glad you encourage it though, based on the amount of maturity you've shown so far in this thread, that encouragement should go a long way with people. And thats sarcasm.
LOL. Where do I start? If someone finds my don't hate on the EB post offensive, I apologize. But it is true. 9 times out of 10, someone nit-pick criticizing the new model is some who just bought the old model. I have done this too so I am not blaming anyone. Speaking of premature, maybe he could at least wait to hear what it sounds like instead of implying it will sound bad and he will "pass on it." People have not purchased the EB, but many are driving them. They have heard what they sound like. The sound is not an issue. If someone is shopping for a new truck and will legitimately not buy it solely because of the sound, that is fine. But it is too easy for one to criticize the new stuff, when one just bought something else. It reminds of the "I hate the new F150" posts of a couple years ago. I also remember people hating on the 04-08 F150 in 03. It is funny how people come around after a couple years. Wait for the facts and look at the new features with an open heart and mind.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 AM
im not hating on the ecoboost...its just a fact that big tires and loud exhaust is what i really like in a truck ...i dont have some growing hate for it since i would love the power and mpg it just has a few thinks i dont think i would like

Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZOXstqZQwk&NR=1

Yeah, I know it won't sound exactly like that (it's almost 350Z-ish). But even that sounds better then my old 4.2L with its Gibson exhaust! I'd definitely consider it.

My First F150:

Last edited by mustangjonny84; 09-28-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: video link not working
Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
"Together we stand. Divided we fall."

Old 09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Don't hate on the EB because you bought a 2010.
Wait for the facts and look at the new features with an open heart and mind.
LOL. Glad you changed your tune, its much more becoming.

There may be some people with buyers remorse as you said, but you're not seeing the multitudes of people who are buying now with legitimate reasons for doing so... though exhaust note probably shouldn't be one of them. But to categorize 'us 2010 owners' based on your skewed opinion instead of anything factual just makes you look like a tool.

Quick Reply: just thinking