2009 - 2014 F-150

What changes do you want made to the new 2011 F150s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are all dreaming, its already done........Any changes will be in 2012 now!

Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by hemigod
...Also, another of my pet peeves - put the drivers side grab handle back.
Seriously, I didn't have one on my old '99 Tahoe, and was very much looking forward to getting one on a new truck

Originally Posted by CometFlash
MyFord Touch
Upfitter Switches (still can't figure this one out, Ford?)
36 tank w/EB
Heated Steering Wheel
HID headlights
LED's EVERYWHERE else (tails, corner lights, security approach lamps, interior lights, console bin, even visor mirror lights)
Spray-In Liner for Platinum
Push-Button Start
Fix the driver-window-while-rolled-up rattle
...and most of all, better MPG

+1 for uplifter switches.
+5 for th 36 gallon fuel tank. I love it, lets me go almost 3 weeks without a fill-up.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by radar's FX4
here's mine:

1) Make navigation STANDARD EQUIPMENT not optional.

2) Cheaper pricing.
LMAO. You want them to force a $2,200 option on us (I, for one, would look elsewhere because of that) AND you want the truck to be cheaper? That's asking for a lot my friend...

Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by TX Chris
LMAO. You want them to force a $2,200 option on us (I, for one, would look elsewhere because of that) AND you want the truck to be cheaper? That's asking for a lot my friend...
Yeah, built in navigation systems are not worth it, IMHO. They annually need updating, plus, just as with a full computer, once you buy it, it's out of date (hardware wise).

Personally I love tactile feedback, I can't stand touchscreen radios. No build in nav please.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 AM
I love the NAV. But, putting that aside...

I believe if you get SYNC you can also get some kind of inexpensive version of NAV, where the system talks you through each turn rather than being able to see it at the same time. No idea if that needs updating or not. Maybe you need Sirius for that to work? No idea, I'll always get the full NAV.

Unless you travel a lot, I can't see a concern over updating issues. In my short 36 years I have seen VERY little in terms of road reconstruction route changes, or new roads altogether (aside from new streets with homes on them, but you don't travel those to get to work/meetings/dining out/etc -so moot there). Dunno, just seems like a huge non-issue; again, unless you frequently travel for work or are rich and frequently travel for vacations.

Is MyFord Touch tactile? I thought I heard it mentioned in a video somewhere, but perhaps I am mistaken. Damn 2011 without it... really, FoMoCo? C'mon.

Last edited by CometFlash; 09-29-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: MFT tactile?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Different front clip, different tailgate, different tail lights, non creased fenders.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 AM
With all these suggestions it sounds like a different truck.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better base stereo. Stop putting the cheapest speakers available in there!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
With all these suggestions it sounds like a different truck.
13th gen?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I love the NAV. But, putting that aside...

I believe if you get SYNC you can also get some kind of inexpensive version of NAV, where the system talks you through each turn rather than being able to see it at the same time. No idea if that needs updating or not. Maybe you need Sirius for that to work? No idea, I'll always get the full NAV.

Unless you travel a lot, I can't see a concern over updating issues. In my short 36 years I have seen VERY little in terms of road reconstruction route changes, or new roads altogether (aside from new streets with homes on them, but you don't travel those to get to work/meetings/dining out/etc -so moot there). Dunno, just seems like a huge non-issue; again, unless you frequently travel for work or are rich and frequently travel for vacations.

Is MyFord Touch tactile? I thought I heard it mentioned in a video somewhere, but perhaps I am mistaken. Damn 2011 without it... really, FoMoCo? C'mon.
OK, if you don't travel a lot, explain to me why you would get the NAV then?

Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by TX Chris
just kidding. i know that would never happen.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:11 PM
In response to some of the other posts in this thread:

I don't want Nav standard. I didn't get it for a reason. I have no desire to pay a few thousand bucks on a Nav system just so I can pay a few hundred bucks every time it needs updating. I'd rather just buy a couple hundred buck portable Nav system and get map updates for free.

Also in response to the member who said something about directions even without Nav, it is my understanding (based on a conversation I had with my dealer today while I was getting my first oil change, i.e. I haven't personally tried it yet) that there is vocal turn by turn directions provided even without Nav for three years. I'm not sure whether it requires Sync or Sirius.

To the member that said updating isn't a big issue. Every single time I come back home (referring to the place I went to high school and parents still live) whether it's been two weeks, a month, two months, etc there is always new buildings and/or new roads. Every single time for the past 4 years I haven't been living there. Also, the main reason I plan on getting a portable Nav soon is because I will be doing a lot of traveling soon. If I only traveled in areas I knew, I wouldn't get and wouldn't have a need for Nav. I need it precisely for going places I don't know how to get to so updating is an important issue IMO.

If the Ecoboost really doesn't have an option for the 36 gallon fuel tank (still wondering if there was a typo in the ordering guide, but probably not) then that's kind of stupid. I love having the 36 gallon fuel tank personally

Old 09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
6.2 with FX4 package. And have the option for the locking diff with the 6.2 in 2wd mode.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Negative on the HID's ghostrider....HATE them more than i can possibly express in words. And it's uaually the tools in the lifted trucks that DIDNT readjust their headlights that sport them.....(not flaming lifted trucks, just the tools that inhabit them)

Whew..off my chest.
Bigger tank +1
Better keys lose the add on fobs +1
Led's +1

Last edited by sgerry; 09-29-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by cegan1825
If the Ecoboost really doesn't have an option for the 36 gallon fuel tank (still wondering if there was a typo in the ordering guide, but probably not) then that's kind of stupid. I love having the 36 gallon fuel tank personally
It's been confirmed in the 2011 specs that the EB is not available with the 36 gallon tank. The spec sheet explicitly states it - definitely not a typo.

Quick Reply: What changes do you want made to the new 2011 F150s?