2009 - 2014 F-150

What changes do you want made to the new 2011 F150s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TX Chris
It's been confirmed in the 2011 specs that the EB is not available with the 36 gallon tank. The spec sheet explicitly states it - definitely not a typo.
Well that sucks for the EB buyers

Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Manual transmission option.
Agreed.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Better/more (or any for that matter) door detents.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang9
They need to lose the goof ball ECOBOOST badge and either delete it all to gether or come up with something different. I am so sick of everybody having to be so politically correct. Ecoboost, ecotek, eco this and that. I am sick of it! I understand part of it is to be politically correct and the other part is to try to educate somebody that they can have power and good mileage at the same time but are people really that stupid in this segment? I know most of us are passionate and plugged in but it blows me away somebody could not have some basic understanding of what a twin turbo 6 is all about. I am no engineer or mechanic but geez.. Names like Cobra Jet, Mach, Cobra, Boss, GT, will live forever and be recognized. Fords marketing just dropped the ball here imo.

Why was the twin force name canned anyway?????????
My guess would be with Toyota using iForce as the name for their V8 engines, Ford wanted to stay as far away from that as possible. It's bad enough already that Toyota came out with a Platinum trim for the Tundra.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang9
They need to lose the goof ball ECOBOOST badge and either delete it all to gether or come up with something different. I am so sick of everybody having to be so politically correct. Ecoboost, ecotek, eco this and that. I am sick of it! I understand part of it is to be politically correct and the other part is to try to educate somebody that they can have power and good mileage at the same time but are people really that stupid in this segment? I know most of us are passionate and plugged in but it blows me away somebody could not have some basic understanding of what a twin turbo 6 is all about. I am no engineer or mechanic but geez.. Names like Cobra Jet, Mach, Cobra, Boss, GT, will live forever and be recognized. Fords marketing just dropped the ball here imo.

Why was the twin force name canned anyway?????????
Could not agree more. TwinForce rocked.

Marketing should have known "EB" would not have fit well with truck guys. And I thought Ford knew the truck mkt? I think they were vetoed by some ivory tower big shot that had his own ideas.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:56 PM
OK some obvious things. (I have a better chance of Brooklyn Decker making my breakfast tomorow morning than you guys have of getting a full manual tranny)

I go to build a new 2011 on the Ford.ca site, and I find out I can't get Trailer TOW mirrors on a FX4 SCrew Lux w/Max TOW pkg. For the heck of it I build a Lariat SCrew with the 6.2L and I can't get the T TOW mirrors (again with the max TOW pkg) unless I get the old man chrome pkg?

OK anyone catching a trend?

No Trailer TOW mirrors with the max TOW pkg.

cough cough... Does someone at ol' Ford need to be fired?

Never mind previous point about a large tank with the Ford self described "TOWing engine".

Ford do the right thing (now after the fact) and announce the Job 2 2011 F150 will fix some of these obvious errors.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Is it possible the 26 gallon tank only offered with the Ecoboost has something to do with the direct injection system?

Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
OK some obvious things. (I have a better chance of Brooklyn Decker making my breakfast tomorow morning than you guys have of getting a full manual tranny)

I go to build a new 2011 on the Ford.ca site, and I find out I can't get Trailer TOW mirrors on a FX4 SCrew Lux w/Max TOW pkg. For the heck of it I build a Lariat SCrew with the 6.2L and I can't get the T TOW mirrors (again with the max TOW pkg) unless I get the old man chrome pkg?

Never mind previous point about a large tank with the Ford self described "TOWing engine".

Ford do the right thing (now after the fact) and announce the Job 2 2011 F150 will fix some of these obvious errors.
While Im not in the market for a max tow truck these are major screw ups. Sometimes early on these guides get screwed up. I noticed they had the cubic inch displacement of two of the engines wrong a few days back. The US version is not out yet but I remember the 11 Mustang order guide has several mistakes in it initially. Sit tight and maybe this will get fixed and if not fired the bonehead who decided not to include trailer tow mirrors on the max tow package.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Burns331
6.2 with FX4 package.
This!!!! The day Ford builds a FX4 with the 6.2L and locker in Supercab configuration I will buy a new truck.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
This!!!! The day Ford builds a FX4 with the 6.2L and locker in Supercab configuration I will buy a new truck.
Those lockers are quite useful. I had to pull a buddy out of the mud this past weekend. My truck is basically stock...with highway tread...the lockers REALLY helped me not get stuck myself...and of course get my buddy's CHEVY (lifted with much better tires) out

As for the 6.2L in the FX4, that would be awesome, also, the ability to lock in 2wd, as others have said.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That HAS to be a mistake. Ford knows better than that...

Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Nope its fact.

According to the Ford.ca B & P, no TT mirrors on any Platinum either? Thats odd given the pics of them?

I'm not going to order a new 2011 until I figure out this BS.

Frustrating.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope its fact.

According to the Ford.ca B & P, no TT mirrors on any Platinum either? Thats odd given the pics of them?

I'm not going to order a new 2011 until I figure out this BS.

Frustrating.
I meant a mistake in the B & P.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
I hope your right, but a dealer confirmed.

Don't have the painted skull caps anymore (and why not?) so you can get TT mirrors on a non lux FX4 for example.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM
It is just a miscommunication.

Quick Reply: What changes do you want made to the new 2011 F150s?