2009 - 2014 F-150

What changes do you want made to the new 2011 F150s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
Power Kid,

Are the order guides 100% accurate? They did not list HD radio or remote start in the Canadian version. No HD radio listed in the US version. Canadian version mention EPS and the US version didn't. The dealer....he probably tried to add the mirrors without the heat, turn, memory but who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

Take a look at this.

From Edumund's build and price...FX LUXURY PKG

MAX TRAILER TOW PKG W/PWR MIRRORS
-inc: upgraded rear bumper, class IV trailer hitch receiver, 7-pin wiring harness, upgraded radiator, aux trans oil cooler, trailer brake control, SelectShift transmission, manually telescoping pwr heated side mirrors w/turn signals/puddle lamps
(REQ: 99T Engine) (REQ: XB6 3.73 Rear Axle)
(w/55F FX Luxury Pkg -inc: mirror memory feature)

PS From the U.S. order guide:

��MAX TRAILER TOW PACKAGE – POWER MIRROR (60P)
Availability:
• Optional on XL Regular and SuperCab, XLT and FX2/FX4
Not Available with:
• 126" wheelbase
• Max Trailer Tow Package (60M)
• XLT SuperCab 145" wheelbase with P235/75R17 BSW A/T (T7B),
L245/75R17E BSW A/T (T7E) or P255/65R17 OWL A/S (T73)
• XLT SuperCrew with P255/65R17 OWL A/S (T73) or L245/75R17E
BSW A/T (T7E)
Requires:
• 3.5L EcoBoost™ Engine (99T)
• 3.73 LS rear-axle ratio (XL, XLT and FX2)
• 3.73 electronic-locking differential axle (XLT w/Off-Road Pkg. – 55A and
FX4)
• XL requires Fog Lamps (595), XL Dιcor Group (86D) and Power
Equipment Group (85A)
• XL and XLT Regular Cab requires Heavy-Duty Payload Pkg. (627)
Includes:
• Upgraded rear bumper
• Class IV trailer hitch receiver
• 7-pin wiring harness
• Upgraded radiator
• Auxiliary transmission oil cooler
• Trailer Brake Control
• SelectShift Transmission
• Side Mirrors, black manual telescoping trailer tow w/power glass
(includes heat, turn signal & puddle lamps)
• Memory feature included on side mirrors when order with FX Luxury
Package (55F)
Again, I hope your right.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Telescopic steering wheel....
HID lights

other than that I'm pretty happy....
Telescoping steering wheel was added for 2011

Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about Ecoboost style twin turbo and direct injection on the 6.2 engine. Available on the FX4! (that would require more than a 26 gal gas tank)

Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 PM
How about a 4 valve 6.2L EB with an aluminum block. Best of all worlds!

Old 10-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by SFCFX4
My guess would be with Toyota using iForce as the name for their V8 engines, Ford wanted to stay as far away from that as possible. It's bad enough already that Toyota came out with a Platinum trim for the Tundra.
And FORD you need to QUIT worring about what toyota is doing and just build a truck the way your CUSTOMERS like them to be. like trying to out do toyota with the biggest supercrew cab not everyone needs all that rear floor space and give up turning radius and have a harder time parking just to have the biggest cab and make the truck harder to drive!! For people who need a bigger cab make it an option for them!! I love my 08 screw fx4 drives like a car and big enough cab! For 2012 I would like to see ford Quit playing games with there option packages!!!! put a floor shifter in a xlt or give a lariat same colors as xlt or chrome bumpers an option on fx4 come on ford your still going to sell trucks and make your profits give your customers what they want thats how you sell trucks!! NOT by competing with toyota...! you already out do them now sell more the way we like them!! FORD MAKES THE BEST TRUCKS!! BUILT FORD TOUGH!! not just an ad slogan

Old 10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see green return for exterior color as my first wish, and maybe green bulbs in the instrument gauges again. Second wish is allow customers to have a Harley, Lariat Limited, King ranch, and Platinum in extended cab configuration. I love the Harley and King Ranch trucks, but I don't have a want or a need for a supercrew truck, extended cab size truck is all I'll never need. Why can't you have a full console and a moonroof in XLT models?? You have to get a limited or higher model to get a moonroof???? I just wish Ford would allow you to order your truck exactly as you want it like it used to be years ago.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by mikeyss
I'd like to see green return for exterior color as my first wish, and maybe green bulbs in the instrument gauges again. Second wish is allow customers to have a Harley, Lariat Limited, King ranch, and Platinum in extended cab configuration. I love the Harley and King Ranch trucks, but I don't have a want or a need for a supercrew truck, extended cab size truck is all I'll never need. Why can't you have a full console and a moonroof in XLT models?? You have to get a limited or higher model to get a moonroof???? I just wish Ford would allow you to order your truck exactly as you want it like it used to be years ago.
uhm, Limited is the highest trim level available.

I know for a fact that you can get the moonroof in the Lariat and higher trim levels and I would be very surprised if it's not available in the FX trim levels.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
2011 order guide says moonroof is available on FX2/FX4 as well as Lariat

Old 10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I tried to order 2011 F150 XLT/XTR today....in Canada

Here is the build:
W1E - F150 4x4 Crew 157" WB
UX - Ingot Silver
U - Cloth Captains
S - Steel Grey Int
507A - XLT Series
99F - 5.0L V8
446 - Elec 6 speed auto
T2E - 20" tires
435 - Pwr sliding rear window
535 Trailer Tow Pack
55A - Offroad Pacl 3.73 Locker & Skids
57Q - Rear Defrost
586 - Prem 6CD
59R - Remote Start
61C XLT Convience
64X - 20" chrome clads
67T - Trailer Brake controller
76C - Rear View Camera
76R - Reverse sensing
86X - XTR Package

MSRP - $49,449 CDN

I wanted the Max Tow and Trailer Mirrors but the system at the dealer would not accept. Only way to get the max tow & mirrors is to go to Lariat 6.2L or EB.

Seems ridiculous. I will actually hold off ordering the truck for these two facts!!

Originally Posted by Power Kid
OK some obvious things. (I have a better chance of Brooklyn Decker making my breakfast tomorow morning than you guys have of getting a full manual tranny)

I go to build a new 2011 on the Ford.ca site, and I find out I can't get Trailer TOW mirrors on a FX4 SCrew Lux w/Max TOW pkg. For the heck of it I build a Lariat SCrew with the 6.2L and I can't get the T TOW mirrors (again with the max TOW pkg) unless I get the old man chrome pkg?

OK anyone catching a trend?

No Trailer TOW mirrors with the max TOW pkg.

cough cough... Does someone at ol' Ford need to be fired?

Never mind previous point about a large tank with the Ford self described "TOWing engine".

Ford do the right thing (now after the fact) and announce the Job 2 2011 F150 will fix some of these obvious errors.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Ford was never planning on offering the 5.0 with max tow, and that is why its rating is only 10k lbs.
If you want the max tow components with the 5.0 then just buy the 3.73 rear end, the tow package and add the trailer brake controller. The only thing missing will be the hd rear bumper but you shouldn't be towing heavy with the bumper anyway. Oh, the max tow package also has a slightly different steering ratio.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
Ford was never planning on offering the 5.0 with max tow, and that is why its rating is only 10k lbs.
If you want the max tow components with the 5.0 then just buy the 3.73 rear end, the tow package and add the trailer brake controller. The only thing missing will be the hd rear bumper but you shouldn't be towing heavy with the bumper anyway. Oh, the max tow package also has a slightly different steering ratio.
Whats missing is the important part, higher GVWR and GAWR(most cased in the latter)

As I recall looking at many 09's when they debuted, the reg trailier pkg is limited to 10k towing as thats they hitch limit. (stamp on the hitch frame)I think the "stronger" rear bumper also included and in fact is the rear hitch while the max tow units rear hitch stamp was higher by @ 1,500 lbs or there abouts... are diff classes can't recall exactly right now. One class 5 one class 4?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Max. Trailer Tow Package (req. for towing over
5000 lbs.) – Includes Class IV trailer hitch receiver;
7-pin wiring harness; upgraded radiator; auxiliary
transmission oil cooler; upgraded rear bumper;
upgraded rear springs; heavy- duty front eye bushing;
and 20:1 steering gear ratio

Max. Trailer Tow Package (required for towing over 5000 lbs.) — Includes Trailer Brake Controller; Class IV trailer hitch receiver; 7-pin wiring harness; upgraded radiator; auxiliary transmission cooler; upgraded rear bumper;
upgraded rear springs; heavy-duty front eye bushing

BTW: Job 2 2010 lost the extra rear leaf

MAX TRAILER TOW PACKAGE
Includes:
• Upgraded rear bumper
• Class IV trailer hitch receiver
• 7-pin wiring harness
• Upgraded radiator
• Auxiliary transmission oil cooler
• Trailer Brake Control
• SelectShift Transmission

Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
OK some obvious things. (I have a better chance of Brooklyn Decker making my breakfast tomorow morning than you guys have of getting a full manual tranny)

I go to build a new 2011 on the Ford.ca site, and I find out I can't get Trailer TOW mirrors on a FX4 SCrew Lux w/Max TOW pkg. For the heck of it I build a Lariat SCrew with the 6.2L and I can't get the T TOW mirrors (again with the max TOW pkg) unless I get the old man chrome pkg?

OK anyone catching a trend?

cough cough... Does someone at ol' Ford need to be fired?

Never mind previous point about a large tank with the Ford self described "TOWing engine".

Ford do the right thing (now after the fact) and announce the Job 2 2011 F150 will fix some of these obvious errors.

Sounds like if you need a max towing package you probably need to upgrade to a F250.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Also tried to build a F150 Lariat with Chrome and Offroad Package. Rear View Cmaers is an option but there is no option for reverse sensing system. Is reverse sensing standard on the Lariat?

Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Sounds like if you need a max towing package you probably need to upgrade to a F250.
You really needed to waste our time typing that?

That debate is dead, move on.

Quick Reply: What changes do you want made to the new 2011 F150s?