2009 - 2014 F-150

non-nav, add a flip down screen from roof console ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non-nav, add a flip down screen from roof console ?

Has anyone seen a kit that would replace or utilize the headliner located sunglass/garage door cubbie holders with a smaller flip down screen for use with an aftermarket rear mount camera ?
For those of us without the nav screen or factory reverse camera.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Overhead Rail Management System! Woohoo!

I doubt it. In the 5 years that the '04-'08 model was out in the US, not one single manufacturer came out with anything for the Overhead Rail Storage System in the F-150. And they even added power to the rail system starting in '05 to make it easier to add-on aftermarket accessories... yet NONE ever showed up. It has to have been THE SINGLE MOST FAILED IDEA EVER in the history of the F-150. What a waste.

You listening, Rambunctious? Where you at, dog? You and your company that were working so diligently on the first batch of third-party accessories for the Overhead Rail System like NAV, iPod docks, phone docks, etc.... Where are they? Helloooooooooooooo.......

So, yeah. That's why I doubt it. Because no one ever designed anything for the powered rail system designed for that exact purpose; so I doubt anyone has designed anything that would work all on it's lonesome in the '09/'10 model. Sorry. You'd prob want a screen down lower so it's easier to see anyways, at least I'd suggest it lower myself. You'd have to crane your neck pretty good if you had a screen up there, but your idea is understandable. Guess I'm still pissed Ford never supported their product.

PS I don't want to hear any crap about the stupid first aid kit/extra storage bin things you could get either, those were laughable at best. Stupid rail system...

Quick Reply: non-nav, add a flip down screen from roof console ?