2009 - 2014 F-150

Truck is gone....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Should have gotten a 2011 Camaro. Back end looks a lot better.
Those are junk. I have heard they have been having some tranny problems again with them. Plus I aint no chebby fan anyway. I dont like the look of the new camaros. I would rather have a challenger than a camaro. Stronger motor and they look better in my opinion

Last edited by gotBOOST?; 10-06-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Well I haven't driven a Mustang so I can't compare. But I can dispute the "shoddy fit" and "lots of road noise". Have you ever driven in a Camaro?

The finish of the interior could see vast improvement and paint quality is a problem because of the water based paint enforced by the EPA. But I believe all auto mfg's have to use water based paint.

And pricing both Mustand and Camaro with equivalent option the Camaro is less expensive.

But I will guarantee you will get more looks and attention from a 2010-2011 Camaro than you will a Mustang. And you can take that to the bank!

By the way, nice Mustang!
Thats just because the 2011 Mustang will be blowing the doors off a Camaro so thats all that is left to look at.

All kidding aside, glad you are happy with your car but as someone who has driven both there is no reason to buy a 2011 Camaro SS over a 5.0L 2011 Mustang GT. Better motor, better handling, better interior, imo better looks.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Tradosaurus...I test drove both the V6 and V8 Camaro. The LS3 V8 is the best feature. I test drove the 2010 Chally SRT8. Awesome car but the weight and suspension are the biggest drawback. Even with the engine punched out to 6.4L for 2011 (SRT8), it's a straight line car. I would dare say I was deeply impressed with the fit and finish of the Chally. Go take one for a spin from your local dealer. Chally has a personality begging for more even though it know it can't handle it - it makes you look back at it as you walk away when you lock the doors via the fob. The Camaro didn't do that for me. The Shelby had me thinking about the awesome test drive experience time and time again.

FX4CO...I'm at 25ft above MSL. Launching the car with traction isn't so easy. The tires spin easily....the GT500 is a teenager's second favorite dream come true. Can't imagine what this car would be like with more power.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by TX Chris
It says it limits boost, it's not completely removing the supercharger from the equation. That's impossible.

I honestly don't know, but I could only imagine that they're using a blow-off valve or something of the like to limit the boost being delivered into the engine.

I'm sure you could figure it out very quickly on a forum like 'svtoa'.

And my friend struggles with traction as well. But I must say that the traction control on the GT500 is amazing! He can launch quite hard on the traction control, unlike the '03-'04 Cobra. The t/c on those cars was simply terrible.
I had a considerably easier time launching on my formerly owned Vette. As for how the PCM controls the supercharger, it's unknown to me.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Dude will be back in a truck even if he doesn't think so now. We see it happen all the time. It may be a few months to a couple years or more but he will be back. Good luck with your new ride.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year

Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
Traded it for a 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
I had a considerably easier time launching on my formerly owned Vette. As for how the PCM controls the supercharger, it's unknown to me.
I talked to me friend with the GT500 tonight - he said there is a boost by-pass valve that basically discharges the boost instead of letting it into the engine.

I would imagine you're in for a whole new level of excitement once you're able to experience the car at full throttle making full (stock anyways) boost.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT
Thats just because the 2011 Mustang will be blowing the doors off a Camaro so thats all that is left to look at.

All kidding aside, glad you are happy with your car but as someone who has driven both there is no reason to buy a 2011 Camaro SS over a 5.0L 2011 Mustang GT. Better motor, better handling, better interior, imo better looks.
Actually I traded my 2010 Camaro for my now 2010 F150 Screw Lariat.

What's funny is I consider the 2010 Camaro better looking than the Mustang as I consider the F150 better looking than the Silverado.

So I would say I am pretty objective.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Actually I traded my 2010 Camaro for my now 2010 F150 Screw Lariat.

What's funny is I consider the 2010 Camaro better looking than the Mustang as I consider the F150 better looking than the Silverado.

So I would say I am pretty objective.

HAHA! Epic

Quick Reply: Truck is gone....