2009 - 2014 F-150

$50,000 truck and NO cabin Air Filter?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011 | 03:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02RegularCab4x4
Boy do I feel like a jerk....If I paid $50,000 for a truck, I'd be pissed it didn't come with a driver. All this poor guy wants is a cabin air filter....
Come with a driver??? Why would I want that? If I had some dope driving it for me, I doubt I would care much about the vehicle at all.

SL

Old 07-22-2013 | 03:24 PM
Why do you want a cabin air filter?
Well, why would you want to change a filter in your AC/Furnace at home? Pure air, , less dust, and it helps with allergies.
No filter, and a car/truck air inside is 6 times worse than outside air due to the concentrated affect.
Also, IF you have one and dont change it, you run the risk of replacing a blower motor, or worse to the system.
Also, if it is clogged as many are that are not changed, you will get much less air flow...much like your house filter.
It is easy to replace most vehicles (10 min or less) and easy to sell, if the service manager knows what they are doing, and sell the benefits.
They need to be changed once per year

Old 07-22-2013 | 03:49 PM
In the 2 1/2 years that this thread sat idle, has Ford started putting cabin air filters in the F150s?

Old 07-22-2013 | 03:58 PM
I am pretty sure my truck doesn't have one and I don't want one either. Less crap I have to deal with the better. Just another one of those things I consider fluff items. I run with the windows down more often than not, so it would be useless to me anyway.

Edit - Just noticed this was a necro'd thread. >.<

Old 07-11-2014 | 03:23 PM
Now Replacing Evaporator Core

Have to replace Evaporator Core because it is gunked up like concrete in it. I work in the oil field. Having Ford place look up CAF kit. Saw somewhere it was option on these trucks. Will this keep my Evap Core from clogging up again or not?

Old 07-11-2014 | 03:42 PM
Truck of the Month
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking

Mightyman ... Well, why would you want to change a filter in your AC/Furnace at home?
I GOTS A FILTER ON MY AC|FURNACE?!?

What won't they think-up next.

Old 07-11-2014 | 07:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyss
Forgive me, but why is this such a big deal? I'm a service advisor and I can't tell you how many times people complain about having to change the CAF in their vehicle due to the cost of them. Most people that have them don't even change them anyway which makes for a bigger problem of mold and musty smells entering their cab.
High cost and difficult to access is a pretty lame excuse for Ford not installing them in the first place. Ford and other car companies should standardize the design so that they're affordable and also place them were they can be replaced without having to remove the seats, dash and half of the interior! A cabin air filter should cost no more than a standard engine air filter and shouldn't be any more difficult to replace!

Old 07-11-2014 | 07:21 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dewalt17
I am pretty sure my truck doesn't have one and I don't want one either. Less crap I have to deal with the better. Just another one of those things I consider fluff items. I run with the windows down more often than not, so it would be useless to me anyway.

Edit - Just noticed this was a necro'd thread. >.<
That's YOUR choice. I guess you can choose not to change your engine air cleaner too.

Old 07-12-2014 | 07:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems like Ford isn't alone on this. The last year that Siverados/Sieras had CAFs was 2002.

Old 07-12-2014 | 02:02 PM
Truck of the Month
IF you have the heated/cooled seats option, you have a couple in cabin filters (of sorts) ...

The traditional cabin filter was discontinued in 2008 (and even that was a retro-fit kit). Besides the fact that it would not fit the 2009+ F-150 ...

The kit (F65Z-18D477-AA) is (and has been for some time) *OBSOLETE*

Old 07-17-2014 | 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Seems like Ford isn't alone on this. The last year that Siverados/Sieras had CAFs was 2002.
The funny thing is that the GM clones still actually had a filter provision until the body style change for '07. Jam a pair of filters where they belong and "Voila!".

I really haven't bothered yet trying to make any sort of filter to work under the cowl on my '08, but at least that has an option to set to recirculate the cabin air and close off to the outside, IIRC. The cowl cover is starting to make its own part, so maybe I'll look under one of these days when I fix that.

My '03 doesn't have that option, but it's got a filter and I'm okay with driving that around on dusty chemical plant roads.

Old 07-17-2014 | 08:41 PM
Truck of the Month
AlfredB18 ...I really haven't bothered yet trying to make any sort of filter to work under the cowl on my '08 ... The cowl cover is starting to make its own part, so maybe I'll look under one of these days when I fix that.
Here's a cabin air filter that was fabricated to fit 1998+ Crown Victoria | Grand Marquis (no, they're not equipped with cabin filters either) .....

Quick Reply: $50,000 truck and NO cabin Air Filter?????