2009 - 2014 F-150

Did Ford ever fix the lousy AC's ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the OP, the "wandering" a/c is gone, at least as far as I can tell, I can adjust the temp **** and immediately feel an incremental difference. I don't have that "hot" then "cold" a/c problem that I know a lot of '08s had.

Just for the record, here in NC we had some sweltering days with 95%+ humidity, and my AC kept me nice 'n chilly. Also, I am the type of person who blasts the AC in the winter, so for me to say it was cold enough is actually saying something. HOWEVER, i've been in friends' 2009/2010s that the a/c could NOT keep up. *shrugs*

Either way, it doesn't go from one extreme to the other anymore.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies guys. Man, I really need to break down and finally get around to that fix that was mentioned here earlier.

Oh, as far as AC's that just don't get cold enough, that is a whole seperate issue, which I believe has more to do with the lame coolant that all newer vehicles have to use to comply with federal regs. The old stuff might have been horrible for the environment, but AC's that used it would flat freeze your ***** off !

Kind of like how the old asbestos break pads worked so great, never over heated, rarely squealed, lasted really well.... okay, so they caused cancer.... but besides all that, they made brakes work great !

Peace,
Fish

Quick Reply: Did Ford ever fix the lousy AC's ?