2009 - 2014 F-150

Another 2010 f-150, rear-ended....(with only 2,000 miles on it)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollinOn22s
To be honest with you I got kind of aggravated when you say the cop is being "lazy" when he is only following procedures that are in place, but people hate cops anyway so its par for the course.
I'm not sure if that was directed to me or not, but if it was, if you reread my post I said either he was being lazy "OR" just following his standard operating procedure for his jurisdiction. Because even though VA requires a minimum amount of damage before its state reportable, my department (because yes I'm a cop too) requires us to document any accident that occurred on a city street, regardless of damage amount.

But agreed many people hate us, but its understandable. Most people only come in contact with the police when they are either a victim of a crime, suspect of a crime, witness to a crime, or getting a minor little traffic ticket...none of which is positive. Got to have a thick skin for this job.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 10-13-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by RollinOn22s
I'm a police officer in Massachusetts and no report is required when damage is less than $1,000 and no one is injured. Basically state your case to insurance companies and go from there. She obviously rear ended you so she is automatically at fault. A paper exchange is procedure for accidents that don't mee these requirements. This is proof you can use that an officer did come to scene. To be honest with you I got kind of aggravated when you say the cop is being "lazy" when he is only following procedures that are in place, but people hate cops anyway so its par for the course.
I've done some research into it, and in Ny its very similar to what your saying for mass.
My issue with the cop was he was a total ****. He didnt ask if there was injuries, he half azz looked at everything and basically said goodbye. When we had questions he gave us both a huge attitude, and frankly just went to the scene cause he had to.
Now i understand completely procedure. But hes a local sheriff, on a call. If hes got to go to the scene, the least he can do is be polite to people just in a accident. That too much to ask? You get the respect you earn, cop or not, 30 seconds of politeness and asking people just involved in a accident doesnt take enough of his time to warrant hurting any other call he may have to go. If you cant afford 30 seconds to be a decent human then you shouldnt be serving the people.

Originally Posted by markinzeroland
A paper exchange may be procedure but are police officers qualified to make an assessment on the cost of the property damage? Maybe they have training to make the assessment or they learn from experience but I thought assessing the cost of property damage was the job of the insurance claims adjuster? That said, if the police officers know of body shops you can go to and get out of for less than $1,000, I want a copy of the database. I didn't think that was possible anymore.

It amazes me how difficult F-150s are to see.
Thats my thing. A brand new 35,000 pickup just off the lot, and just rear ended. Now, wouldnt any damage at all on a brand new vehicle be cause enough for something more then a quick 2 second flashlight look and then run from the scene?
I dont know maybe its just me but treating people like that is just disrepectful. Last I checked, being a jerk to two people involved in a accident isnt very moral, cop or not, and definitely not something a person who holds a job "to serve and protect the people" should have.

Last edited by Maxout05; 10-18-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Is she hot? Maybe you can "rear end" her and call it even.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Pilot
Is she hot? Maybe you can "rear end" her and call it even.
She was attractive, and same age as me.

I'd much rather fix the truck then her though

Quick Reply: Another 2010 f-150, rear-ended....(with only 2,000 miles on it)