2009 - 2014 F-150

09 plat- let me down!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 plat- let me down!

I have right at 36K on my truck, not even 2 years old, gased up the other night. NO GO.

put about 23gals in the tank after a 303mile trip to chicago. went to start truck- all it did was turn over. a couple times i chugged and tried to start.

Tried several starts and then also cycled the key as to make sure the fuel lines were full. and or crap was removed. Sounds like i either had way too much ethanol in the 89 fuel i bought, or water.

cranking on the truck, on and off for 15 mins, having it not start. finally start and run like a jdeere b with one plug removed, no codes thrown!!. once it did start i pulled up to station. hardly no power. poped hood. everything looked ok. shut down. waited, removed key, started backup and has run fine from that point fwd. dealership this AM scanned for codes. and nothing.

i also have the normal shudder under light acceleration, shaky pssgr seat. ect ect ect.

has this happened to anyone else. ? truck is still running ok after all of that non-fire. a couple times it did try to start. but quickly shuddered and shut down. i am in agreement with my assumption and the techs thinking. BAD GAS. i thought about contacting the station. but prolly would do no good.
at least she didnt have to be towed anywhere.
eveyrone have a great week.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:48 PM
rok
probably had a hairball that it was having trouble getting out! LOL

No issues like this. Honestly have no clue what it could be. GL with it running normally now! Hope it dont happen again and dont use that gas station again just in case!

Old 10-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Speaking of hairballs, I'll bet ya wished you could change that fuel filter about now!

X2 - avoid that station ...

MGD

Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
To the op.......
Change your fuel filter.
It has has a scheduled maintenance interval that a lot of owners seem to miss.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
To the op.......
Change your fuel filter.
It has has a scheduled maintenance interval that a lot of owners seem to miss.
2009+ F150's have a lifetime fuel filter. It is integrated with the fuel tank. According to the manual regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JRVicHammer
2009+ F150's have a lifetime fuel filter. It is integrated with the fuel tank. According to the manual regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.
It will still need changed, just cause its lifetime quoted doesn't mean it should be for the poor truck's lifetime. Our transmission and diff fluids are lifetime but they run better when flushed. This time around though, changing the fuel filter is impossible without pulling the tank out practically, Ford got sick of the easy DIY maintanence. They watch these kinds of forums you know

Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 PM
i am going to try and believe this was an isolated incident. i usualy fill up at a shell station in my home town about 15miles away. but wanted to make sure everyone who rode with did their part for gas money.

if i notice mileage getting lower , or it loosing power , no passing power ill see if i can get it changed.

i know when i changed the fuel filters in my 99xlt around 30K they weighed a ton compared to the new filter.

i believe the new trucks - filters have some type of backflush capability to make sure all the crap stays in the tank? haha.. maybe they will have a little pod under the truck with all the 'bad' gas and garbage in it at some point. i dont believe in 'lifetime' we will see how things go. with just under 40K on it now. we will see where the truck is at 240K like my 99.

everyone have a great week.