2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 mpg

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by °°Pat°°
The 20% average increase is for the Ecoboost only.
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!

Pwrkid, the EB is not premium recommended. The HEMI is the only truck engine I know of that meets that.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I'll take the avg 13-20mpg for the superiority strength, and safety of these trucks. I hope when the next full redesign happens they don't weaken these trucks too much..
Im with ya. I will sacrafice some fuel mileage for safety and durability any day.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Are people forgetting that the new engines are much more powerful? The fact that they were able to achieve more power along with better MPG is nothing to scoff at, IMO. I'm quite impressed. The 100 horse jump from my current truck and 5 MPG more at highway speeds will be nice.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by 1depd
The 3.7 is supposed to get 16/23

Bull crap, why would I get a small V6 then if that is all it can handle. I was expecting 30. Of course that would be cruise control only, in town with 400 hp I am sure it would be a little less

Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by tstjohn

Pwrkid, the EB is not premium recommended. The HEMI is the only truck engine I know of that meets that.
Ding, Ding, you are a dingbat!

At a media preview of the 2011 Ford F-150 lineup in Texas, brand-new EcoBoost technology stole the show. The twin-turbocharged EcoBoost 3.5-liter V6 is rated to tow as much as the 6.2-liter V8, but at what is expected to be a big fuel-efficiency advantage. Three other new truck engines – a 3.7-liter V6, 5.0-liter V8 and the 6.2-liter – were also introduced. Each promise up to 20% improvement in fuel economy over the 2010 F-150

Old 10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Well I'm getting 21 mpg on the highway with my 2010 Lariat so what would be the advantage to going to a 3.7?
What do you think? Of course cost.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
i know this isnt quite the topic but i thought id post this here since it would be the best place to let everyone know this information.

a lot of rustle is going on with the FX2's and FX4's getting the HD headlights and tails from the factory. i had a chance to see a 2011 in person when i was in michigan this past weekend and the headlights and tails are not HD/Raptors, they're a little different.

the HD/Raptor headlights and tails have a very glossy gloss black in them, the new ones are painted with Sterling Grey Metallic. i thought it was interesting. so those who want black heads and tails can still be unique (i suppose)

Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Mpg

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
It's all how you drive. My straight highway driving in mid 20s... not kidding either. Keep that foot light and you'll pull some crazy numbers
Finally someone else that gets good mileage on here, I have posted and posted and I get flamed every time by all these haters because i get great gas mileage for driving and my truck gets crazy mileage at 75mph.. THANKS TRUCKGUY24.....

Old 10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
The F150 is good truck, but it's just to big. Its very hard to get things out of the truck bed without some sort of step. That's why I like the Ranger, I average 24 city and almost 30 highway, it's just the right size for me the average home owner. The F150 with a V-6 IS NOT A PLACEMENT FOR THE RANGER. I believe the Ranger is a tougher truck than the F150. Note: The Ranger still out sales all small trucks (except the Tacoma) some full-size. Ford keep the Ranger in the U.S.!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by EagleOne
The F150 is good truck, but it's just to big. Its very hard to get things out of the truck bed without some sort of step. That's why I like the Ranger, I average 24 city and almost 30 highway, it's just the right size for me the average home owner. The F150 with a V-6 IS NOT A PLACEMENT FOR THE RANGER. I believe the Ranger is a tougher truck than the F150. Note: The Ranger still out sales all small trucks (except the Tacoma) some full-size. Ford keep the Ranger in the U.S.!
If the ranger was nicer equipped I would have purchased one. I sort of like the Sport Trac but something didnt quite suit to well with me.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by EagleOne
I think you are out of luck. From the Car Connection "Overall, the compact truck segment is less than a quarter the size it was just a decade ago—from one million per year down to about 230,000 this past year. In 2009, Ford sold just 55,600 Rangers—that's less than a quarter of what it sold in 2002—and sales of compact trucks from Nissan, Toyota, and GM are all way down.
"The compact pickup segment continues to get smaller," said Ford spokesman Mark Schirmer last week, replying to The Car Connection's questions about why the company doesn't plan to bring the next-generation 2012 Ford Ranger to the U.S. market."

Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by the_cosworth
If the ranger was nicer equipped I would have purchased one. I sort of like the Sport Trac but something didnt quite suit to well with me.
The Ranger has not changed since 1998, this is why I believe Ranger sells declined. I had a 07 Sport Trac gas mileage sucked, I just did not like it. It had a storage compartment in the front part of the bed, worthless very had to get to. Though I did like the composite bed.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
I think you are out of luck. From the Car Connection "Overall, the compact truck segment is less than a quarter the size it was just a decade ago—from one million per year down to about 230,000 this past year. In 2009, Ford sold just 55,600 Rangers—that's less than a quarter of what it sold in 2002—and sales of compact trucks from Nissan, Toyota, and GM are all way down.
"The compact pickup segment continues to get smaller," said Ford spokesman Mark Schirmer last week, replying to The Car Connection's questions about why the company doesn't plan to bring the next-generation 2012 Ford Ranger to the U.S. market."
I believe this is why that Dodge (Ram), GM, and Ford will be discontinuing production of their small trucks in the U.S market. But I also believe after a few years the small truck market will return, just like the small compact cars did.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
Ding, Ding, you are a dingbat!

At a media preview of the 2011 Ford F-150 lineup in Texas, brand-new EcoBoost technology stole the show. The twin-turbocharged EcoBoost 3.5-liter V6 is rated to tow as much as the 6.2-liter V8, but at what is expected to be a big fuel-efficiency advantage. Three other new truck engines – a 3.7-liter V6, 5.0-liter V8 and the 6.2-liter – were also introduced. Each promise up to 20% improvement in fuel economy over the 2010 F-150
From Ford directly.

When the 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine joins the lineup, the 2011 F-150 will have up to 20 percent better fuel economy compared with the outgoing 2010 F-150.

http://www.ford.com/about-ford/news-...wertrain-33096

Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by tstjohn

LOL I'm well aware that the EB does not require Premium. It was celarly stated in Ford media release as I've so often quoted.

Let me further explain to clear up the confusion.

The GM 6.2L recomends premium, so I'd assume the EPA tests it on premium. It gets 1 mpg better highway than the Ford 6.2L. But the Ford 6.2L is rated for regular. My quuestion is would the Ford 6.2L have obtanied 1 mpg better highway on premium. Its a tough call for Ford.

Thats where my EB comment came from. The EB is going to be judged by many based on its mpg. Now they rated it on regular. Eventual the hp/tq for it on premium will leak out. (when its certified) Obviously it will have a bunch of extra hp/tq on premium. Would it have been worth it to Ford for it to be recommended to have premium, thereby gaining more hp (and especially0 tq bragging rights and better mpg? But then everyone (especially the gm and ram boys) would bitch the fancy new V6 needs premium to make juice. (with the GM guys ignoring their own 6.2L)

Quick Reply: 2011 mpg