2009 - 2014 F-150

Shop Manuals on CD

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shop Manuals on CD

Someone posted a link to Ford shop manuals on CD a while ago. The cost was about $75 per CD and included the manuals for all Ford products for a model year. I can't find it back and am looking to buy one. Can anyone reproduce that link?

Thanks.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
That was fast. Thanks.

I've cooked up an idea for modding my truck to install a VHF/UHF ham radio. Need to punch a hole in the roof for an NMO antenna mount either at the back near the third break light where I can get access to the inside by removing the light and snaking the coax into the cab or in the center of the roof where I'll get the best performance out of my antenna. To do the latter, I will need to remove the headliner.

The plan for now is bolting the transmitter to the floor underneath the rear seat and mounting the control head to the center console with ram mounts. The control cable would snake under the carpeting or floor mats.

Not sure when I'll start. May wait until Spring. It's very hard pulling the trigger to drill a hole in the roof of a new truck.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by markinzeroland
That was fast. Thanks.

I've cooked up an idea for modding my truck to install a VHF/UHF ham radio. Need to punch a hole in the roof for an NMO antenna mount either at the back near the third break light where I can get access to the inside by removing the light and snaking the coax into the cab or in the center of the roof where I'll get the best performance out of my antenna. To do the latter, I will need to remove the headliner.

The plan for now is bolting the transmitter to the floor underneath the rear seat and mounting the control head to the center console with ram mounts. The control cable would snake under the carpeting or floor mats.

Not sure when I'll start. May wait until Spring. It's very hard pulling the trigger to drill a hole in the roof of a new truck. [
Roger that!

Yeah, Sir Shotgunz must be bored. You should be out fishin', buddy

About that antenna - if you pop the dome light you may not need to drop the headliner.

Also - how much of a perf hit if you use behind-cab mounts (ala CB?). The bed's still a groundplane, lol.

Good luck - sounds like a fun project!

MGD

Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Roger that!

Yeah, Sir Shotgunz must be bored. You should be out fishin', buddy

About that antenna - if you pop the dome light you may not need to drop the headliner.

Also - how much of a perf hit if you use behind-cab mounts (ala CB?). The bed's still a groundplane, lol.

Good luck - sounds like a fun project!

MGD
Good suggestions.

I installed the mount thru the opening provided by removing the dome light on my 1997 but the 2010 has no doom light in the center of the roof. It has one up front by the rear view mirror and one in back by the slider/third brake light. So if I want the antenna in the middle instead of near the back, looks like the liner will have to come out (that is if I don't want to plug a hole in it).

I have a fiberglass shell on the box and I want to keep my options open for mounting a whip on the side of one of the rear fenders with a match box under the bed for HF in case I buy a new transceiver. That way I and talk to guys in Australia using Morse code while driving down the highway... shouldn't be a distraction.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Can you still pick those up on eBay for $20 or was that only for older ones?

Old 10-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have only seen one set of newer ones on eBay but I haven't looked in quite a while.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I'll have to surf around the net looking again. The last DVD that I bought stopped working on my computers (One XP and one Vista). I did the whole clock reset, etc, and nothing. Maybe my luck has changed...

Old 10-16-2010, 02:33 PM
It isn't a big deal. Drop the headliner , drill a hole with step drill or hole saw .Drill off center to avoid the roof grooves !! Wire from the battery , fusing both sides .If you need more details PM me . AC2RC

Old 06-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Should have bought while I had the chance... looks like the well at http://4door.com/manuals/ford/ford_dvd.html has dried up.

Quick Reply: Shop Manuals on CD