2009 - 2014 F-150

Just had a Viper 5901 Install, and now have some werid thing happening.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MUD DIGGER
anothe reason is i dont really have time to take it back to the installer i may one day when it starts pissing me off like if i have it locked i cannot use my pad on my door to open my truck the alarm will go off so its useless unless i have my keys. if i do start it and turn it off everything in my truck stays on... it doesnt really bother me that much
This is by design, your door pad doesn't have a keyfob for your remote built in. If you want to use the keypad because you're running in to play ball and don't want your keys, just throw the keys in the console and lock the doors manually. No, its not armed but you get the convenience of using the keypad and not having to bring your keys with you.

Think of the keypad as an added feature. You're replacing your regular remotes with alarm remotes. Same thing here.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had your issue #3 when I installed a viper alarm in my Titan. It could be related to all your problems too.

The fix was the alarm module has 1 output with a negative pulse when you arm/disarm. I forgot what it's called.

I wired it to the door pin switch so when you press the remote it turns triggers the pin thinking someone opened and closed the door.

If you have Amp Research automatic steps then you would need to run a diode to it because this pulse would also activate the step since that was wired to the door pins too.

Quick Reply: Just had a Viper 5901 Install, and now have some werid thing happening.