2009 - 2014 F-150

Fog Lamp replacement/color match?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Lamp replacement/color match?

I could use a little assistance here. I did a bunch of searches and came up empty. I'm am trying to find a Fog match(color wise) to the Phillips XT's. I would love to use some XT's for my fogs to match my heads, but to my knowledge and research, Phillips does not make a 9140 direct replacement. I was able to find SS's in a 9140 setup, but not sure how they will match up color wise?

1. Has anyone matched up replacement fogs to the XT's?? Which did you use and how well does the color match?

2. Has anyone used a different lamp number in their fogs...I think the 9006 HB4 will fit? any issues with the higher 55w vs 4o in the 9140? Is this even possible physically?

Thanks for all your help...

Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use Silverstar 9145. Same as a 9040 only 5 watts brighter.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by EsJayEs
I use Silverstar 9145. Same as a 9040 only 5 watts brighter.
Good to know, I like higher wattage(brighter!)...I take it you have not had any issues or hot wires running more watts? ...maybe thats a silly ?, but i really have no idea how 45w would or could affect a system designed for 40w.

Do you you have the Phillips XT's or SS in your heads? If XT's, how does the color match?

Old 10-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kroezer95
I could use a little assistance here. I did a bunch of searches and came up empty. I'm am trying to find a Fog match(color wise) to the Phillips XT's. I would love to use some XT's for my fogs to match my heads, but to my knowledge and research, Phillips does not make a 9140 direct replacement. I was able to find SS's in a 9140 setup, but not sure how they will match up color wise?

1. Has anyone matched up replacement fogs to the XT's?? Which did you use and how well does the color match?

2. Has anyone used a different lamp number in their fogs...I think the 9006 HB4 will fit? any issues with the higher 55w vs 4o in the 9140? Is this even possible physically?

Thanks for all your help...
Go to Daniel Stern Lighting and ask him the same question. He can tell you what matches and what modifications you can do to a bulb base to make them fit. He showed me how to modefy a H9 to fit a H13 socket ....

He can also suggest what other bulbs can be upgraded in other sockets to provide better light. I am happy with what I have today ... have not looked at upgrading the fogs. I may want to go more yellw with the fogs to reduce the glare of the whites. I like to see what's going on down the road ...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kroezer95
Good to know, I like higher wattage(brighter!)...I take it you have not had any issues or hot wires running more watts? ...maybe thats a silly ?, but i really have no idea how 45w would or could affect a system designed for 40w.

Do you you have the Phillips XT's or SS in your heads? If XT's, how does the color match?
No issues with 9145. And I use Silverstar bulbs for everything. Including signal and backup lights. Excellent lighting, reasonable price, great life expectancy. I get 2-3 years out of a set.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jaak
Go to Daniel Stern Lighting and ask him the same question. He can tell you what matches and what modifications you can do to a bulb base to make them fit. He showed me how to modefy a H9 to fit a H13 socket ....

He can also suggest what other bulbs can be upgraded in other sockets to provide better light. I am happy with what I have today ... have not looked at upgrading the fogs. I may want to go more yellw with the fogs to reduce the glare of the whites. I like to see what's going on down the road ...
Great Idea...I actually purchased my Phillips XT's from them(candlepower), so they should be a little willing to help me spend some more $....I have a message out for Kenny as we speak...I will report back my findings.

Quick Reply: Fog Lamp replacement/color match?