2009 - 2014 F-150

Truck stalled out last night???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck stalled out last night???

Got in my truck after dinner, started it up and pulled out of the parking lot (kind of in a rush). I was creeping along at the red light and it stalled out. I popped it in neutral and it started right back up?

Thoughts?

Old 10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check to see if any trouble codes are stored in the computer. If there's not, I'd dismiss it unless it happens again.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:46 PM
have seen these have tp sensor problems and cause stalling and surging idle without any dtc

Old 10-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by jhunt47
have seen these have tp sensor problems and cause stalling and surging idle without any dtc
I actually had TPMS sensors replaced not too long ago because they kept going off. So these are related??

Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TP = Throttle Position

Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, rolling around a corner and blahhhh...dead. Popped it in neutral started right up and has not happened since. No lights were thrown up on the dash either.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
This happened on my 09 about a month after getting it. Checked with the dealer and they said no codes have been registered and to bring it back if it happens again. been over a year and I have had no other issues that would relate back to this. Not sure what happened to this day.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Happened to me twice. Dealer had no idea what the problem was.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Probably just the heisenberg uncertainty module overcompensating for the flux capacitance produced by overfilling the blinker fluid.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
About a month ago. i filled up after a 310 mile round trip to chicago. put in about 23 gallons of 89 oct. went to start truck.. nada ( had new thread on this subject , but the list is growing. ) after 15 mins of looking like a tool it started, running like crap i pulled it away from the pump incase it decided to burn up!!. looked under hoood. no fluids, no weird sounds, no flames or smoke. just running on 3cyl i beleive. shut truck off. started right up fine.

last night , on way home from work. gauge cluster went out. all lights in gauge cluster came on. gauges went to full test check, bounced needles, lights went out. speedo , tach ect went back to normal. truck did shudder just before this happened. cruise. radio. temp control all stayed normal.

then on way to bowling last night. filled up. about 26gals of 89 oct. no start.

typed up page of stupid stuff my truck has been doing. things that have been fixed under TSB's . and things which appear to have only happened to me. truck will spend the day at dealership, trouble ticket opened with FORD today. so between master tech at dealership( prolly knows more than most at ford from what i have seen) and FORD detroit god.. we will see what happens. after this . it happenes again.. time to either get new truck or trade.

anyone else have gremlins in the system.. so to speak. ??

everyone have a good week.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Dropped truck off this AM.. left them a list of 'things' and complaints a stickered 50K vehicle should not have.

I know they filed some stuff with Ford regarding the no start, and comptuer/controll issues. If this continues.. i will be filing for Lemon Law. However that is completed. im sure i can search on here and find my answer..

Thats the way life goes. trade in a truck with high miles. and a 05 GT that i realy didnt need. for a reliable new truck. to haul my new son around in .. well. its definaly the safest truck on the road when we are sitting in the driveway listening to sirius. !!

everyone have a great weekend.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
can yuo keep us informed of what the outcome is? would like to hear what Ford has to say about this.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Ok here is what they did.

Stalling- Reprogrammed PCM, update out, last update was also installed during oil change, before this issue happened. could have been because of that, as it started after that reflash.

gaue power / program issu- Gage cluster PCM ( ya i know. seperate PCM for gages? wow ) reprogramed ,

Tranny slip, bump, poor accleration - reflash ( reflash was either not done at 15K or another update was out for my VIN)

Tire issues- there are probably 2 bad pirellis. almost 40K on them. they suck and will be replaced. no matter the reviews.. those should never have come on a 4x4 truck.

air bag light issue- truck when new would leave air bag lights on. issue traced to vibrating pssgr seat. lower seat trac replaced. little to no issues, after drving to a tractor to move some equip. - bean field, drove max 10 mph- light came back on after restart. happened about 3 more times , at random. they reflashed restraint system.

so.. hotline will be getting back to them as the site was down for submittal through the web site. i know they spoke with them, but they also want it documentated. at this point in time. the truck does shift and accelerate way better than before. and shifts better ..

so i guess ill be installing those new shocks. and rubber, oh and edge programmer so i can have ford void the warranty!!!!!

hope eveyone had a good weekend.

Quick Reply: Truck stalled out last night???