2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Transmission problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This weekend I had my first experience with the "slam". 3200 miles on the truck now. Sitting at a traffic light, light turned green, started creepy crawling along, SLAM. First thought was the guy behind me tapped my bumper, then remembered reading this forum, looked in the mirrors and I could see the guys headlights behind me, so no way he tapped me. Never happened with my 09 FX4, but that had a 145" WB. This truck is the 157" WB. Guess I'll get the flash done next time its at the dealership.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:45 AM
I get the bump when coming to a stop, usually 2 bumps. Tried shifting into neutral and stoping still does that. I don't like the 6 speed. I'm due for 5000 mile service will mention problems.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 AM
same here as most of you? dealer said it was not a problem and hard shifts ment a better transmission was in my truck ? WTF over and over mine has been in the shop last time thay tryed to charge me the service for the fact thay deem it normal? so now i am hashing it out with a ford rep trying to get my $123.87 back.

had it re-flashed and now am trying to sell the POS but one test drive and people walk away!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
took mine to the dealership yesterday and they fixed the "bump" or "slam" or "clank" problem. turns out they had a T.S.B. (technical service bulletin) about it. its play in the drive shaft that is causing it to feel like it bumps when you stop and take off. they pulled the drive shaft out, repacked it with grease, and i believe they put a shim in there. whatever they did it only took about 4 hrs and now my truck drives and feels like a dream. HUGE DIFFERENCE and im so happy it was an easy fix.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
This is what I don't understand. This problem has existed since the 2010s came out. My first 2010 was purchased in 7/09 and I bought it right off the hauler. I bought another in January 2010. One was a 4.6 the second a 5.4. Both had this issue. The second was built after this problem had become known and Ford did nothing to fix it in the factory and apparenlty never did fix the issue. I don't get that. I guess they would rather **** everyone off who bought one of these things. I own two other new Fords and love both, a 2011 Mustang 5.0 and a 2011 Flex. But, I will not consider a new Ford truck until they get this worked out.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
my '09 has done it since day 1. Get used to it, its the new 6 speed auto. '09 was the first year of it, this is the way they shift. I've had it in 4 or 5 times for TSB's and nothing has improved it. Great for towing...but its always looking for a gear for regular driving.

I think mine is even worse as I have the lowest gear ratio for towing.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Why is it that some trucks have this problem and others don't?

You would think that if it was a manufacturing defect, "all" trucks would exhibit this issue. But there are many F-150 owners out there that have no problems at all with shifting. It almost seems like you may a bunch of Ford employees in some of these assembly plants that just don't give a crap how they put component parts together and the trucks that are having the tranny problems are the result. There was also a thread about crappy wiring harnesses. Some trucks look like their wiring was ripped apart and others are as neat as a pin. Go figure!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Milt IV
took mine to the dealership yesterday and they fixed the "bump" or "slam" or "clank" problem. turns out they had a T.S.B. (technical service bulletin) about it. its play in the drive shaft that is causing it to feel like it bumps when you stop and take off. they pulled the drive shaft out, repacked it with grease, and i believe they put a shim in there. whatever they did it only took about 4 hrs and now my truck drives and feels like a dream. HUGE DIFFERENCE and im so happy it was an easy fix.
did you guys even read this?????

Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Transmission has poor low speed shifting

I have these same issues with my truck since day one.Dealer and owners manual and some forum posters have said that it's an adaptive transmission and is learning my driving style.I now have 2300 miles on it and it is slightly better,do you think I should just keep driving and live with it or let the mechanics do their thing and possibly make it worse.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Same problems from my trans. Took it in and they replaced wires in my trans.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:47 PM
and now no more problems at all!! so take it in.

Quick Reply: 2010 Transmission problem ?