2009 - 2014 F-150

Door Handle KeyPad

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Handle KeyPad

I've looked at numerous forums for Ford F-150 and found a lot of posts about this for 04-08 F-150's but nothing on 2009-2010 models.

I was given the card with the keypad code but no keypad on the door handle. I have all black door handles. I want to get the drivers side handle with the keypad. Will this work or would I have to get that wireless stick on keypad? I really think it'd look sleek being in the door handle but if it's not possible then I won't waste the time/money.

Also part # on TASCA or any Ford website?

Can someone please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by jmcavalieri
I've looked at numerous forums for Ford F-150 and found a lot of posts about this for 04-08 F-150's but nothing on 2009-2010 models.

I was given the card with the keypad code but no keypad on the door handle. I have all black door handles. I want to get the drivers side handle with the keypad. Will this work or would I have to get that wireless stick on keypad? I really think it'd look sleek being in the door handle but if it's not possible then I won't waste the time/money.

Also part # on TASCA or any Ford website?

Can someone please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!
I would remove the inner door panel and look and for a plug-in for the door handle keypad. It would be approximately 1/2" round and should be somewhere near the handle. Without a plug-in, I'm thinking it would not be an easy addition.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I added it to several 00-04 trucks. Back then you ordered the handle with hole, and keypad with harness. The harness was 2ft long and plugged into the factory harness which was pretty much behind the door speaker location taped up. I did not look when I did the speakers in my 2010. I think Ford has used the same harness in all trucks.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 PM
My 2010 XLT had the wires so I got a keypad from ebay but it is apparently not turned on and my dealer doesn' know how to turn it on.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I've heard some have done it. I just tonight changed the handle on my 10, I have the card and code, pluged right in, but doesn't work. I was told you have to program it but what I tried from the owners manual didn't work. I'll be heading to my dealer next tuesday hoping they can help me out.

BTW JM where in WNY are you?

Last edited by srsfunk; 11-02-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by srsfunk
I've heard some have done it. I just tonight changed the handle on my 10, I have the card and code, pluged right in, but doesn't work. I was told you have to program it but what I tried from the owners manual didn't work. I'll be heading to my dealer next tuesday hoping they can help me out.

BTW JM where in WNY are you?
I have the card with the code too and want to change it but don't know what to expect. Many have said that the previous models do in older years, but not the newer trucks.. Where did you order the new handle and how much was it? Can you let me know what happens when you go to the dealer? You could even email me, I think it's linked in my profile on here.

I live in a suburb of Rochester NY .. Where abouts are you?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Ford gave me the wrong card when I brought my truck. I should take it back

Old 11-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Well went to the dealer today, after 2 hours it doesn't work. They said they were able to enable it but no matter what they tried it would work.

If anyone here has any ideas let me know. I know some have done this and it worked

JM I'm in the Buffalo burbs.... at least for now, hate it here, but the wife and I both have decent jobs.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 PM
srsfunk -- yea I'm getting out of Rochester once I'm done with college (I'm 25--took off some time and then went back to school) .. I may make a trip to 'Cuse with the truck to get the Line-X bed liner.. Closest place is out that way..

Keep me posted on that door handle keyapd.. You had the code on the card but no keypad? That's what I have..So I want to do this, but I'm afraid that I'm going to get different answers from different people. (email me if/when you find out more "jmc885@gmail.com")

Quick Reply: Door Handle KeyPad