2009 - 2014 F-150

Add Factory or Aftermarket Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badassz
Anyone got a part# for the Gold series/200 series remote start/alarm?
It's all spelled out for you in this thread... OEM Remote Start Part Numbers.
See post # 3
Search is your friend.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Forgive my spupidity do you have to put the key in the ignition once you get to the truck after remotely started or can you drive around without the key in with the Ford System?

I tried it at the dealership with a Platinum truck, but I just started it up. I didn't drive it or anything.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by jpetre
Forgive my spupidity do you have to put the key in the ignition once you get to the truck after remotely started or can you drive around without the key in with the Ford System?

I tried it at the dealership with a Platinum truck, but I just started it up. I didn't drive it or anything.
Drive around without the key in it? How would you steer with the wheel locked?

I am making an assumption at this point, but I would think the key has to be installed and turned to the run position.

I have a Ford System that was dealer installed. I wish my dealer had told me up front that there are options that you can turn on or off, before I left the dealership. I would've had the tech set it up the way I like it, not to all the defaults.

I didn't even find out about the options until I read some threads here about the remote start.

SL

Old 01-16-2011, 07:35 AM
I love my remote start from Compustar - just one key fob (doors/engine/alarm). Plus, if you have a smartphone you can install a drone module that let's your smartphone act as a keyfob. A pretty cool option for you technogeeks, like me, out there.

Last edited by Niroc; 01-16-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Same here. Blazin Auto in Greencastle, Pa installed mine. $350 installed. I have an app on my blackberry that I use to start it. Works from any distance. Only downfall is that it costs $50 a year or $100 for 3 years for the app service plan.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree the plans are pricey but it is worth the piece of mind if your truck gets stolen.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Can you arm/disarm the alarm with the factory keypad on an aftermarket or oem system?I want one but don't want to lose the keypad.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
I just purchased a Viper W451M 2way system from Best Buy and will be having it installed tomorrow (2010 Platinum). The total cost is about $450.00 installed. Does anyone have experience with this kit? I am getting this kit on the assumption that there will never be a kit that will work with my heated / cooled seats. Please stop me if I'm wrong or if there are any issues I need to know about.

I will update tomorrow after the installation. Thanks

Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Jeff, on another forum some guys were talking about the Compustar system and getting it to work with the heated seats. They didn't give any specific details. But I assume Compustar might have a databus interface module out that is compatible with the Ford CANBUS system. Because the CANBUS controls the heated/cooled seats.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/remote-...options-71487/

Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks Steve! I knew you, if anyone, would know.

It sounds like, from reading the other forum, people are saying it can be done but it hasn't actually been proven. I'm to the point that I don't think I want to wait any longer.

I will let everyone know how the Viper works. And who knows maybe it can be added after.

Thanks again.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Question

Originally Posted by jmcavalieri
How much is the "Series 200" system and what did you get charged for install at the "stealership"??
Looking for this information as well - I purchased the Gold Kit for my '10 Screw but before venturing to my local dealer to get their quote w/hourly rates at $105 I wanted to get an idea if anyone had the dealer install one for them

Old 01-27-2011, 05:19 AM
I thought I saw in the 2011 manual that the new trucks are seeking temp after auto start. They read outside temp then adjust inside to comfort. Probably only those with auto climate...

Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 AM
I went aftermarket with my autostart, and couldn't be happier. I got the Drone from Compustar in my 05, and it's just too cool.
http://www.dronemobile.com/
I can remote start my car from anywhere I get a cell or wifi signal, and I can even track it from the website using the built in GPS, which is something I never thought I'd use, but has come in handy many times, like when my girlfriend was trying to find her friend's house, but had no idea where she was. I opened the app on my iPhone, tracked her location, and gave her turn my turn directions to her friend's house. I don't know of any Factory options that let you do that. It's about I paid 500 including installation, but to me it's worth it. YMMV.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff H
Thanks Steve! I knew you, if anyone, would know.

It sounds like, from reading the other forum, people are saying it can be done but it hasn't actually been proven. I'm to the point that I don't think I want to wait any longer.

I will let everyone know how the Viper works. And who knows maybe it can be added after.

Thanks again.
Install is complete and works as advertised.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Add Factory or Aftermarket Remote Start