2009 - 2014 F-150

Programming Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
because it's not needed unless someone really wants the headlight function or rear defrost hookup.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:59 PM
The Kit Contents indicates that this harness is part of the system, what do you think my dealer is going to say when I ask for it

Old 11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Perhaps when the install the NEXT remote/security system in someones car, then can give you the "throw-away" harness.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Well I spoke to my dealer's service manager this morning and told him that my remote system is missing the "Extended Function Harness" that gets plugged into the systems brain unit and just like a prerecorded message he starts his blah, blah, blah....

I had to interrupt him or he would never stop the BS, so I said "it was included with the kit which I paid for when I added the remote starter to my option list at the time of purchase". He starts again blah, blah, blah.... I said "Look, I need that harness to hook up the headlights and the defroster, if your installer doesn't know how to make them function I can explain it to him or do it myself. For the lights to activate you need the C-10 wire on the harness to be connected to the blue/white wire from the light switch and for the ..." At this point the manager jumps in and says "I'm calling the installer".

So now he's got me on one line and the installer on the other. To make this already long story short apparently the installer discards this particular harness but will keep the next one for me. However the manager has to get the last word in and advises (or more like warns me) that any work I do on the remote system will void the factory warranty. I said "fine, you have officially told me, I'll pick up my harness at my next scheduled oil change".

Man I can't imagine how many innocent people get taken advantage of at some of these service departments.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Your dealer just violated federal law

Federal law prohibits any dealer to imply that a factory warranty will be voided if ANY aftermarket accessory is added to a vehicle. If the aftermarket accessory fails in some way, and then that accessory caused something to fail then any system damaged will not be covered under the warranty. In otherwords, the aftermarket is on the hook for repairs, but once repairs are made, warranty is in back in full and the warranty on anything not related to an accessory failure is still covered. This law was created in the 70's to prevent OEM's from threatening owners and damaging the aftermarket sector.

Quick Reply: Programming Remote Starter