2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone used a JL cleansweep yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone used a JL cleansweep yet?

I want to keep the stock headunit, I don't want to mess with sync and I like the looks. This is the base system, no navigation or Sony garbage. I am replacing the door speakers with coaxials and a 4 channel amp, I will also be adding a sub with a mono 500w amp.

Here comes the part with the problem, where to get the signal from? Sure, a simple pac high-low connector would do the job, but that doesn't take care of the crappy signal being sent from the OEM HU. Even the base unit has built in EQ, it cuts the bass at higher volumes. A JL cleansweep looks to be the perfect component to take care of this. But I have two questions:

1: Is it possible to add this without cutting ANY wires? Does someone out there make an adapter? Even if I have to run speakerwire from each door pigtail to the unit, then from the amp back to the door speakers.....that's fine. Might be alot of work, but cutting wires is NOT an option.

2: The cleansweep only has two output channels. Front and rear......why they didn't make a sub-out is beyond me, but what is the common practice here for adding a sub? Just splicing the rear output channel with a "y" connector?

The only component I have so far is a JL 500/1 Slash amp I will reuse from a previous vehicle. I'm open to suggestions for everything else.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:26 AM
I was wondering the same thing.. But it should not matter if there is not a sub output, since you can just piggy back off the 2 or 4 channel amp your using for your door speakers.. no biggie not having a sub out.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Front and rear output is all that's needed, your sub amp will do the rest of the work cutting the frequency....I'm interested in this as well since I have my JL 900/5 out of my car I just traded in just sitting in my closet lol

Quick Reply: Anyone used a JL cleansweep yet?