2009 - 2014 F-150

Dear ford engineers

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL at the million dollar ads remark. Really?

If you have an issue with your truck, why not just come and say it. Why belittle 95% of the people on here, when that has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of your bitchy post.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 PM

Anyone else taken the time to read any of the OP's 6 contributions to the site? Sheesh....

https://www.f150online.com/forums/4291623-post4.html

Old 12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Anyone else taken the time to read any of the OP's 6 contributions to the site? Sheesh....

https://www.f150online.com/forums/4291623-post4.html
That's the first thing I did after I felt compelled to reply to his thread. This guy is a winner.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 AM

Did I just get called a punk?

Old 12-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by florida64
I'm not a punk who wants to throw money away by raising, lowering, or leveling. I don't get caught up in million dollar ads trying to convince me of thowing away money on air intakes and loud exhaust. My truck is stock, 09, screw, xlt. The truck is solid, I'm not an idiot that thinks this heavy tank will have the pick up of a sports car, I am also not warry of the transmission not shifting like a 100k sedan, I understand it's a truck.

What I don't like is the stupid sync software that will disconnect me fom a call if I turn off engine, but will not allow me to even use phone unless I open door.WTF? Sync is also useless for ipods, doesn't work like it should. Also, you allow me to go through my history phone calls while driving, but I can't access my phone book for safety reasons? Again WTF whats the difference in
history or my phone book, both take my eyes off road. Armrest should be able to move forward like other trucks, to allow my entire arm on rest. Way too short. Every truck has a grab bar on driver's side, why the hell doesn't my truck, using steering wheel is lame. One last thing, pretty stupid to have mpg gage, always off by two mpg, useless. Also useless is my oil quality sesor, no matter what idiots here think, its a simple countdown to the used miles, also lame.

Oh, the paint job sucks, paint is way too soft.
wtf does that have to do with what you're saying?

what a nancy

Old 12-10-2010, 01:11 AM
florida64,

Dude seriously?

#16F150

Last edited by #16F150; 12-10-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Hmmm. My '09 Platinum doesn't have any Sync issues such as you described. When I am speaking on my phone, and I shut off my truck, my phone continues the call uninterrupted; just goes from the speakers in the truck to my cell phone.

The only thing that's odd getting used to is when you are on your phone speaking to someone, and you remote start your truck as you are walking towards it, and all of a sudden your call has been transferred into your truck even though you aren't in it yet! No biggie, but strange every time it happens.

If I was going to yell at Ford, I'd ask them why they are so fearful of new technologies. I was reading an online interview the other day with Mark Fields (president of Ford America) on the all-new 2012 Focus. The very first question he got asked was, "Why doesn't the US Focus have the LED headlight strip that the EU Focus has?" And Mark Fields gave some bullcrap answer about how the country's have different regulations on things such as headlamps. I would accept that... except there are craploads of Audi's and other vehicles out there with LED eyebrows in their headlamps straight from the factory! Just be honest and say you are scared to use that type of technology! Simple!

LED's, HID's, even figuring out how to get Upfitter Switches into the F-150 is a massive struggle for them. Well, they say patience is a virtue...
It is not a conspiracy. The 2012 Focus sold in the United States is a compact car with some upscale touches, but it is still at the lower end. Ford and Lincoln have other cars if you want everything upscale. Lincolns are for the most part not sold outside of North America and not every Ford sold in the United States is sold in Europe. The Europeans also like driving small cars. So in the Euro Focus they put an extra upscale touch into it. Just to get those LED's you're going to spend $1000. Guys are already complaining the new Focus is expensive, are they going to pay for that?

Say Ford put everything upscale in the low end Fords. Then the Lincolns (and some of the upper model Fords) would be competing against similar Fords that are $7000 less but with all the upscale features. That would make no sense. What do you need upfitter switches for? Must have no longer been necessary or you would have added them again to your Platinum.

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 12-10-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 AM
I think the op should be driving a toyota not a ford

Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 AM

One would think that before you spent all that money on a vehicle you would have test driven it to determine if you liked it. All the things you mentioned you dislike about the vehicle could have easily been noticed with a 2 min test drive. For someone not willing to spend any money to mod a vehicle because you would "be a punk" you were sure quick to pull the trigger on an expensive purchase you didn't know anything about. Makes me think someone gave you the vehicle and now you have issues with the gift....

I would suggest if you don't like the vehicle to sell it...go buy something else you will take the pleasure in not modifying. You do realise this is an online truck/car community for people who enjoy that type of thing right

Old 12-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by florida64
I'm not a punk who wants to throw money away by raising, lowering, or leveling. I don't get caught up in million dollar ads trying to convince me of thowing away money on air intakes and loud exhaust. My truck is stock, 09, screw, xlt. The truck is solid, I'm not an idiot that thinks this heavy tank will have the pick up of a sports car, I am also not warry of the transmission not shifting like a 100k sedan, I understand it's a truck.

What I don't like is the stupid sync software that will disconnect me fom a call if I turn off engine, but will not allow me to even use phone unless I open door.WTF? Sync is also useless for ipods, doesn't work like it should. Also, you allow me to go through my history phone calls while driving, but I can't access my phone book for safety reasons? Again WTF whats the difference in
history or my phone book, both take my eyes off road. Armrest should be able to move forward like other trucks, to allow my entire arm on rest. Way too short. Every truck has a grab bar on driver's side, why the hell doesn't my truck, using steering wheel is lame. One last thing, pretty stupid to have mpg gage, always off by two mpg, useless. Also useless is my oil quality sesor, no matter what idiots here think, its a simple countdown to the used miles, also lame.

Oh, the paint job sucks, paint is way too soft.
What do the "punks who want to throw away money" on their trucks have to do with YOUR truck? I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting to get with your post? For the "punks" to stop "throwing money away" on their trucks, or for sympathy on your issues with your truck? Because you're not getting either. As everyone else has said, if you don't like your truck, sell it. Better yet, "throw money away" on it so you can improve what you don't like. And stop insulting those who do already. It's their truck and their money, and they can do whatever they like with it. Good luck with trying to get any future help here.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Well, I guess my wife was right...........I am a punk.

You know how the seatbelt light on the dash is red? Why could Ford not use a blue light or even green? Man, that realllllly ticks me off. And then the compass on the POS doesn't even say the words. The lazy POS just gives the initals. Man, this truck just doesnt make any sense.

Last edited by pineapple2468; 12-10-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by pineapple2468
Well, I guess my wife was right...........I am a punk.

You know how the seatbelt light on the dash is red? Why could Ford not use a blue light or even green? Man, that realllllly ticks me off. And then the compass on the POS doesn't even say the words. The lazy POS just gives the initals. Man, this truck just doesnt make any sense.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I have a feeling that this tool started this thread to make everyone upset. It's a 18 old kid that got to play in his daddy's truck. Get a life kid! I love my truck

Old 12-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
One would think that before you spent all that money on a vehicle you would have test driven it to determine if you liked it. All the things you mentioned you dislike about the vehicle could have easily been noticed with a 2 min test drive. For someone not willing to spend any money to mod a vehicle because you would "be a punk" you were sure quick to pull the trigger on an expensive purchase you didn't know anything about. Makes me think someone gave you the vehicle and now you have issues with the gift....I would suggest if you don't like the vehicle to sell it...go buy something else you will take the pleasure in not modifying. You do realise this is an online truck/car community for people who enjoy that type of thing right

game
set
and match

truck prolly belongs to his pops

Quick Reply: Dear ford engineers