2009 - 2014 F-150

Dear ford engineers

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear ford engineers

I'm not a punk who wants to throw money away by raising, lowering, or leveling. I don't get caught up in million dollar ads trying to convince me of thowing away money on air intakes and loud exhaust. My truck is stock, 09, screw, xlt. The truck is solid, I'm not an idiot that thinks this heavy tank will have the pick up of a sports car, I am also not warry of the transmission not shifting like a 100k sedan, I understand it's a truck.

What I don't like is the stupid sync software that will disconnect me fom a call if I turn off engine, but will not allow me to even use phone unless I open door.WTF? Sync is also useless for ipods, doesn't work like it should. Also, you allow me to go through my history phone calls while driving, but I can't access my phone book for safety reasons? Again WTF whats the difference in
history or my phone book, both take my eyes off road. Armrest should be able to move forward like other trucks, to allow my entire arm on rest. Way too short. Every truck has a grab bar on driver's side, why the hell doesn't my truck, using steering wheel is lame. One last thing, pretty stupid to have mpg gage, always off by two mpg, useless. Also useless is my oil quality sesor, no matter what idiots here think, its a simple countdown to the used miles, also lame.

Oh, the paint job sucks, paint is way too soft.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Hmmm. My '09 Platinum doesn't have any Sync issues such as you described. When I am speaking on my phone, and I shut off my truck, my phone continues the call uninterrupted; just goes from the speakers in the truck to my cell phone.

The only thing that's odd getting used to is when you are on your phone speaking to someone, and you remote start your truck as you are walking towards it, and all of a sudden your call has been transferred into your truck even though you aren't in it yet! No biggie, but strange every time it happens.

If I was going to yell at Ford, I'd ask them why they are so fearful of new technologies. I was reading an online interview the other day with Mark Fields (president of Ford America) on the all-new 2012 Focus. The very first question he got asked was, "Why doesn't the US Focus have the LED headlight strip that the EU Focus has?" And Mark Fields gave some bullcrap answer about how the country's have different regulations on things such as headlamps. I would accept that... except there are craploads of Audi's and other vehicles out there with LED eyebrows in their headlamps straight from the factory! Just be honest and say you are scared to use that type of technology! Simple!

LED's, HID's, even figuring out how to get Upfitter Switches into the F-150 is a massive struggle for them. Well, they say patience is a virtue...

Last edited by CometFlash; 12-09-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
First, I'm one of those "punks" on here that "throws" my money away on my truck. You aren't exactly off to a great start with the post. Seeing how the enthusiast are the ones that keep these forums alive, insulting us doesn't go well.

Now as far as your concerns. Did you test drive the truck or did someone put a gun to your head and force you to sign the papers? The sync system is a luxury, if you don't like it, don't use it. Again back to the test drive, did you not notice the armrest issue or the lack of the grab bar on the driver's side? The oil system gauge, seriously is that something worth complaining about? "Idiot" seriously........

The paint is actually pretty good on these trucks. I detail on the side and I can tell you the paint is NOT soft on these trucks. The clear is actually one of the harder clears on the market.

Sounds like you are just looking for something to bitch about. If you are really that upset go get an inferior product like a Tundra, or an outdated Silverado. Let us know how that works out for you.

Last edited by 96grimreaper; 12-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I'm one of those "punks" that has a heavily modified truck that "threw away money" on his truck. I take great offense to your statement right off the bat... none of us "punks throw away money" on our trucks, except in your eyes.

I could have bought another house or another FX4 with the money I have spent on my truck, but its a labor of love and I would do it all over again, and will once I get my hands on a 2011 next year. I suggest trying out a 'less active' F150 forum, there are far too many punks wasting money here

I don't write a 'dear ford' letter about how I think supercabs should be phased out to only offer a reg. cab or supercrew, or how two-tone paint should no longer be an option, or how XLT's should be work trucks and be lumped with XL's in a work truck/fleet section of the car lot so I don't have to see them while I shop for something high end... etc, etc, etc...

I'm with 96grimreaper, did you even look at the truck or drive it before you bought it? 90% of the things your griping about would have been red flags to look at something else..

Old 12-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I have a problem as well.....I spend money on my truck to level....nfab bar ....xd rims etc.....I love my truck and work hard to do what I want to it.....best truck by far on the market......all your issues are non issues for me......the only issue i have is I will be buying a new 6.2 super crew in the next 6 months because that truck will be the best truck ever made !!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I guess you can check me off as another punk who fell for the million dollar advertisements because I don't want my vehicle to look identical to every other one on the street... Some of us aren't simple sheeple who just want to blend into the crowd.

And I tell this to my girlfriend all of the time...Normally there isn't a problem with the technology, it is the user not understanding how to use it. I can't tell you how many times she says her phone is a piece of junk, or how the universal remote isn't working, etc, etc, etc, but in the end...it is her lack of understanding that causes the issues.

My Sync works flawlessly with my iPod as far as function, my only issue is when I request a song by title...the software doesn't always recognize what I am saying.

And if you aren't happy with the Sync system and your phone calls, it is pretty easy to turn the bluetooth function off on your phone and do like they did in the olden days...hold the phone up to your ear to speak. Or simply turn the speaker phone function on and place your phone on the dash. But again, I have never had any issues with my phone and sync.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
rok
No such sync problems here! I like sync. I didnt even know you could have it dial a number til yesterday! I was wondering and figured I would try it. Asked for a prompt and I said ''Dial". It asked for the number. I didnt know you had to say dial again after you say the number but now i do! Its great. I learned about the google map thing from this forum which i havent tried but seems cool.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You sir, are a grade A dumb ***. The people on this forum make these trucks better and if you took a second to look around the forum, you'd see that. You're living under a rock thinking your stock truck is perfect. Take a moment and look at FX4life's, sterling09FX4's, or even my truck for Christ sake, and then tell me that our trucks aren't better than the day they rolled off the dealer lots.

Oh, and my 09 Platinum also has NONE of the issues you pointed out with your sync system. Maybe you should learn to use the system before bitching about it. And the paint on these trucks is pretty damn good, especially for factory...

Go to the tundra forum...troll.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
rok
Ouch! LOL

Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 PM
If I suspect a troll I do not respond to their posts.Some trolls do not even own a ford.
By the way guys I do not put on lift kits and add some things as some of you do,but it is your money and you have the right to spend it as you wish.I guess I throw my money away also since I buy a new truck every two years but it is my money that I worked for just as you guys have.That is part of my enjoyment out of life as cusomizing your trucks give you enjoyment.We are proud of our trucks.
Trolls seem to be jealous people that want what you have but cannot afford it.Trolls should have a government motors trucks if that is not what they already have.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WV-150
If I suspect a troll I do not respond to their posts.Some trolls do not even own a ford.
By the way guys I do not put on lift kits and add some things as some of you do,but it is your money and you have the right to spend it as you wish.I guess I throw my money away also since I buy a new truck every two years but it is my money that I worked for just as you guys have.That is part of my enjoyment out of life as cusomizing your trucks give you enjoyment.We are proud of our trucks.
Trolls seem to be jealous people that want what you have but cannot afford it.Trolls should have a government motors trucks if that is not what they already have.
I agree completely. Everyone has their own prerogatives as to how to spend their own money. There is nothing wrong with having a stock vehicle and keeping it forever, having a stock vehicle and trading it in every 2 years, having a modified vehicle you keep forever, or modifying every vehicle you own and trading it in every 2 years. It's your money; do with it as you please.

What is wrong, is coming on here and complaining about your vehicle, and then bashing the other members that do choose to modify their vehicles.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 PM
This made my evening. I always knew I was a punk.......... this just confirmed it.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM
OP, Go trade the F150 in for a KIA as that seems to be a better fit for you.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 PM
punk
ROFLMAO!

million doller adds

oh make it stop my sides are killing me from laughter

wow

Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 PM
My truck has a slight vibration, but I still love the friggin' thing!

Ford is bending over backwards now trying to fix my problem, and who knows.... Maybe thats just the way it is.

I've driven others and they have a slight vibration as well.

As long as they can tell me with confidence that my truck is sound, it can vibrate all it wants. Its a truck, not a SL50.

I bought it because its tough. Practical. And looks great for a base truck.

Also, I like the look of punked out trucks,,,, Cuz I OWN ONE!!

Quick Reply: Dear ford engineers