2009 - 2014 F-150

Extang Trifecta Gasket Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extang Trifecta Gasket Issue

So as a loyal Extang customer I thought I'd order an Extang Trifecta for my 2010 Lariat Screw I just picked up last Saturday.

The box arrived today and I was very excited not to have to deal with snaps anymore in the cold weather!!!!

Unfortunately I'm not too pleased with the product at this time. Here are my issues:

1. There is daylight coming through the corners were the side rails meet the front of the bed because of the difference in height. Maybe I could go to Home Depot and get some gasket material but for almost $400 and a custom fit cover they should make it correctly. Every F150 has the rail protectors (even my '98).

2. I can see daylight by two of the hinges???

3. The seal on the tailgate has already come off the first time I shut the tailgate. 60% of it has come undone and when I fix it, it continues to happen. I know it's cold here 36* but I expect the seals to not come apart.

4. The rear clamps seem too loose to seal the cover properly. I can lift the back of the cover an inch or so when they're engaged?

All of these concerns tell me it will leak like crazy.

Anyone experience this as well? if so what have you done to combat the issues.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Contact Extang directly with your issues. From my experience with them, I'm sure they'll do everything they can to make it right.

For your issue number 1, my kit came with gasket material to address that but it ended up I didn't need it. However, I have a different cover than you have.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Sandking... did you get this issue resolved with EXTANG? I just bought a RUGGED COVER TRI FOLD based on recommendation from a coworker with 2007 F150, and I had the same problems with the front corners due to the wider ribs on the bed rail cabs... I need something that will work on my 2010 F150!

Quick Reply: Extang Trifecta Gasket Issue