2009 - 2014 F-150

Baja Torture Test!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Personally, I would have liked to see Ford, in conjunction, with their own tests performed, place another Ecoboost F-150 in the hands of the private citizen, a Rancher..Ala Toyota test, or a construction, contractor person for 6 months to a year & see how they get to beat the snot out of it!.........That would close the window between Corporate testing, & Private testing......

Old 12-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Personally, I would have liked to see Ford, in conjunction, with their own tests performed, place another Ecoboost F-150 in the hands of the private citizen, a Rancher..Ala Toyota test, or a construction, contractor person for 6 months to a year & see how they get to beat the snot out of it!.........That would close the window between Corporate testing, & Private testing......
And the skeptics would still say the test was rigged because the farmer was given a free truck, money or some other reward to say their product was the best. Simply put there is no way for a company to brag about how good their product is without the critics finding some way it was rigged. Read the comments from the GM guys in the uphill test, the GM was detuned, had bad gas, did not have the truck WOT etc.

I have driven 2 EB trucks and a 5.0. The 5.0 was a production truck and the test drive was completely unsupervised, the truck has some stones and can get up and move. However, the EB will kill it. One of the EB trucks had a #5000 trailer hooked up to it. The difference between it and the 3 5.4 trucks I have owned is night and day. The 2011 I am going to buy will have the EB under the hood. I would still get it if the mileage was the same as the 5.0.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
the public was not openly invited to beat on it or touchier it in a open market testing aether.

i think ford has other auto makers up on the ropes or should i say buy the shot hairs with this form of marketing/testing!

i know if i put as much as ford has in to a project as thay have here with the overwhelming home run like this ecoboost motor i too would ram it right in the competitions face and laugh all the to the top!

this is why ford stays #1 for over 37 years

GM is coming out with new engine for 2012.

Maybe they will do the same thing Ford do/did for the Ecoboost.

And maybe they will laugh at us...

Quick Reply: Baja Torture Test!