2009 - 2014 F-150

Baja Torture Test!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baja Torture Test!

This is the best EcoBoost test yet. Check it out...

video link: http://www.youtube.com/user/fordtruc.../6/r4Pi00oBv3Q

Old 12-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quite the motor, however I would still opt for the 5.0!....

Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I want one. It reminds me when GM put the Turbo 6 in the Buick Grand National back in 1986 to battle with the V8's. It had huge potential.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm excited!! I've been following the EB and learning as much about it as possible....now I just need the "Chilton's" for it!

I might be stepping out on faith here, but I suspect by mid 2011 I'll be driving one.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Quite the motor, however I would still opt for the 5.0!....
What does the 5.0 offer that is better than the ecoboost?

Old 12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I can't wait to see what they find when they tear it down! Hopefully they will share everything they find, and not just the good stuff.
I really want drive one!

Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Super FX4
Exhaust note, proven reliability of a V8 (I'll believe all the hype over the ecoboost engine in a few years when its actually been driven during traffic etc and not just in a testing station), great power potential with a supercharger and more horsepower tuned than the ecoboost will have. I'm pretty sure the ecoboost is as tuned as it's going to get for the most part before something is thrown off on the engine....turboed motors are very picky to any changes made to the engine.

Don't get me wrong...I hope the ecoboost proves me wrong and is the best engine to hit the market...I'm just not gonna buy all the gimmick until numerous board members have them and put miles on them.

OP, thanks for posting the vid...I look forward to the teardown

Old 12-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
Exhaust note, proven reliability of a V8 (I'll believe all the hype over the ecoboost engine in a few years when its actually been driven during traffic etc and not just in a testing station), great power potential with a supercharger and more horsepower tuned than the ecoboost will have. I'm pretty sure the ecoboost is as tuned as it's going to get for the most part before something is thrown off on the engine....turboed motors are very picky to any changes made to the engine.

Don't get me wrong...I hope the ecoboost proves me wrong and is the best engine to hit the market...I'm just not gonna buy all the gimmick until numerous board members have them and put miles on them.

OP, thanks for posting the vid...I look forward to the teardown

Im not trying to argue but go look what kind of numbers SHO Taurus's are making with bolt ons and a good tune!

Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNYEcTRHhUg

not a SHO but same motor... and you can defiantly hear the turbos on that ecoboost!

Last edited by rednutbow; 12-22-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:06 PM
i think its gonna be a fun set up. i would get it if i could afford it

Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 PM
thumbs down on that "torture test".....

that's so funny. ""Thought something was wrong with the truck because it only took 16 gallons of gas"" . . . Then, the "ECOBOOST.. "must have" been using far less fuel than they expected (come on Ford engineers, you haven't figured out gas consumption yet). Like it got twice the mileage, yeah, right . . . Are these paid actors???????

Now, isn't that the biggest crock of bull i've ever heard them say in all the ECO BOOST TESTS(which all have been biased in a way.)

What's even more questionable....Is the same engine in all the first four video's REMAINED IN THE SAME TRUCK . . . . . Now they took the engine and put it a modded truck ((DID THIS MAKE IT USE LESS GAS???)). . . Its like they've turned the focus from the engine to how much torture the suspension can take.

So... WHAT was the purpose of the BAJA video? I think this one lost its credibility!

Last edited by gregsf150stx; 12-22-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by gregsf150stx
that's so funny. Thought something was wrong with the truck because it only took 16 gallons . . . Then, the "ECOBOOST.. "must have" been using far less fuel than they expected. Like it got twice the mileage.

Now, isn't that the biggest crock of bull i've ever heard them say in all the ECO BOOST TESTS.

What's even more questionable....Is the same engine in all the first four video's REMAINED IN THE SAME TRUCK . . . . . Now they took the engine and put it a modded truck . . .

So... WHAT was the purpose of the BAJA video? I think this one lost its credibility!
See but they don't want you to notice any of that. So quit doing it.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by gregsf150stx
that's so funny. Thought something was wrong with the truck because it only took 16 gallons . . . Then, the "ECOBOOST.. "must have" been using far less fuel than they expected. Like it got twice the mileage.

Now, isn't that the biggest crock of bull i've ever heard them say in all the ECO BOOST TESTS.

What's even more questionable....Is the same engine in all the first four video's REMAINED IN THE SAME TRUCK . . . . . Now they took the engine and put it a modded truck . . .

they are testing the motor, not the truck. well, yea, the whole series is one giant add for the 2011 F150, but they have (IMHO) done a pretty good job of keeping it about the motor, and not the truck.

and I agree about the comment about the "I think we've got a problem" in the video... pretty cheesy. do they really want me to believe the truck has no fuel gauge? no fuel management system? LOL

Old 12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Super FX4
Proven durabilty, two extra cyliners, awesome exhaust note, & No Turbos to blow up.......Oh yeah, the 5.0 emblems.......

Old 12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by rednutbow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNYEcTRHhUg

not a SHO but same motor... and you can defiantly hear the turbos on that ecoboost!
306hp, 29mpg hwy. v6. right?

thats impressive and all, but did anyone consider the v6, non turbo 2011 mustang?

305hp, 32mpg hwy, v6

Thats if my numbers are right. im comparing the mustang to the mks not the truck lol. Could you imagine what that mustang will do with twin turbos. omg.

to contribute, i honestly would rather have a 5.0 or 5.4 for that matter then an eco boost. The only reason in my eyes is because yes, they are getting big numbers out of these small engine. Think about that though. they are pushing these little engines pretty hard. i think i would rather have a larger motor, a v8, and pull similar numbers. And then if i were to push the v8 like the v6 is (turbo, super, etc) i would pull some nasty numbers.

Like i said, maybe im way off here. Just seems like the bigger motors wouldn't age nearly as fast.

Quick Reply: Baja Torture Test!