2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 F-150 4x4 EcoBoost MPG 15 City 21 Highway

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by °°Pat°°
15 mpg city and 21 mpg highway for the Ecoboost, but you can see up to 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. Not bad, but ain't that much better then the 5.0

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...fw1et3bkd00270

14 mpg city and 19 mpg highway for the 5.0, but you can see up to 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway.

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...erPACode=02496

The millage isn't what i was expecting for the Ecoboost. Oh well...

I think that since the numbers between the two are so close, the ecoboost willl be a harder sell than Ford thinks. Now if you want max tow you have to take the ecoboost over the 5.0 but if the average guy tows 5-6k lbs then he can get the 5.0 save $750 up front and get about the same mpg. Some will want the ecoboost because its new and different and some like me will want it for it's low end torque and towing capacity.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Johndeere, I don't need the torque of the ecoboost but I sure do want! 420lbs coming on at 1700 rpm, hell ya! If the dealer can work me a deal that is not lopsided in his favour then I'm in.

Torque is a drug, and it's highly addictive.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
I think that since the numbers between the two are so close, the ecoboost willl be a harder sell than Ford thinks. Now if you want max tow you have to take the ecoboost over the 5.0 but if the average guy tows 5-6k lbs then he can get the 5.0 save $750 up front and get about the same mpg. Some will want the ecoboost because its new and different and some like me will want it for it's low end torque and towing capacity.

And for me, i'm just ''f*cked''

I want the max tow package, but i don't want the Ecoboost or the Lariat (6.2).

Old 12-25-2010, 01:36 PM
And for me, i'm just ''f*cked''

I want the max tow package, but i don't want the Ecoboost or the Lariat (6.2).
I know that feeling- the 5.0 with max tow would have been nice.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:19 PM
6.2 in FX4 would have been nice too.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
Now during the state fair, the media was allowed to go on longer rides and some got mileage near 30. These tests were done with the 3.15 axle and the media were competing for highest mileage not doing 75 mph like everyday drivers.
The guy that told me that was the GM at a east Texas Ford dealer. He said they were allowed to take the trucks out longer than the average person. I was in this dealership helping a friend pick up a truck he found a great deal on. I was 300 miles from home so selling me a new truck was mostly out of the question. Could he have been stretching things, sure did he didn't have much of a reason to. I do think most people won't see high 20s.

When I drove an EB it had the trailer hooked up the whole time. I went about 15-20 miles in it with city and freeway driving. The MPG was mid 15s when I got in the truck and still there when I got out. I smashed the pedal to the floor several times and was sane at others. On the roads around my house the EB pulled a trailer much better than a 5.4 would ever dream of. I'm sold.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Just a thought....Ford hasn't released the numbers for the eco and the odo in the trucks does the calculations using software that has notoriously been a bit off. Why couldn't Ford intentionally put software in the show trucks to give false fuel economy numbers? That could explain why it seems people are getting wildly different economy in these demo trucks.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by 1depd
Just a thought....Ford hasn't released the numbers for the eco and the odo in the trucks does the calculations using software that has notoriously been a bit off. Why couldn't Ford intentionally put software in the show trucks to give false fuel economy numbers? That could explain why it seems people are getting wildly different economy in these demo trucks.
Anything is possible but I don't understand the reason. Ford has said that 70% of their customers are interested in higher fuel economy- so it would make no sense for them to (for example) have the readout show very low figures while towing. it would also be unwise for them to show extremely high unobtainable figures either

I am hoping that the discrepancies are due to the trucks running around are pre-production models and as we get closer to launch Ford has been tweaking the software and making it better

Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Here is what the window sticker says on my 2011 5.0 engine.
City - Expected range for most drivers 10 to 17 mpg with most drivers averaging 14 mpg.
Highway - Expected range for most drivers 15 to 23 mpg with most drivers averaging 19 mpg.
Below that it says combined fuel economy for this vehicle 16 mpg.The combined fuel economy is mixed driving which is what most of us do.
The way I take it is depending on the driver and many other conditions like driving habits,gasoline quality,wind, weight and speed you will get anywhere from 15 to 23 highway.It does not say you will get 19. that is just what the average driver will get.I normally get good MPGs so I think I will get around 20 on the highway if I do not run too fast.After you pass 60 mph expect a 2 mpg loss for every 10 mph gain.Still again that is depending on wind direction and weather you are losing or gaining elevation.
I don't think anyone will know if the EB will get good MPGs for a while after they buy one because it will be too tempting to put your foot in it to feel the power.After the new wears off and they drive as they normally would then we will know what the EB will really do.

Last edited by WV-150; 12-26-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by WV-150
Here is what the window sticker says on my 2011 5.0 engine.
City - Expected range for most drivers 10 to 17 mpg with most drivers averaging 14 mpg.
Highway - Expected range for most drivers 15 to 23 mpg with most drivers averaging 19 mpg.
Below that it says combined fuel economy for this vehicle 16 mpg.The combined fuel economy is mixed driving which is what most of us do.
The way I take it is depending on the driver and many other conditions like driving habits,gasoline quality,wind, weight and speed you will get anywhere from 15 to 23 highway.It does not say you will get 19. that is just what the average driver will get.I normally get good MPGs so I think I will get around 20 on the highway if I do not run too fast.After you pass 60 mph expect a 2 mpg loss for every 10 mph gain.Still again that is depending on wind direction and weather you are losing or gaining elevation.
I don't think anyone will know if the EB will get good MPGs for a while after they buy one because it will be too tempting to put your foot in it to feel the power.After the new wears off and they drive as they normally would then we will know what the EB will really do.

On the Ecoboost window sticker it says 17 mpg combined.

So 1 mpg better then the 5.0...

Old 12-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I love seeing all the speculation on here...

Old 12-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
I love seeing all the speculation on here...
Speculation is about all we have right now until we get on some more miles.Gives us something to chat about.I speculate what I will get based on what I normally get compared to the sticker.I have owned several new trucks to compare by.Speculation can be very disappointing when you do not get near what you thought you would.
Harleydude is right.Speculation is all we have now..Don't speculate and you may not be disappointed.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 PM
On the Ecoboost window sticker it says 17 mpg combined.

So 1 mpg better then the 5.0...
That's going to make the Ecoboost that much harder to sell.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Excaliber551
That's going to make the Ecoboost that much harder to sell.
Assuming those are in fact the correct numbers, which is a big assumption.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
Assuming those are in fact the correct numbers, which is a big assumption.

Well the number came from the window sticker and they are EPA number.

So they should be ''correct''.

Quick Reply: 2011 F-150 4x4 EcoBoost MPG 15 City 21 Highway