2009 - 2014 F-150

BLACKOUT's 2010 F150 MOD progression thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found a set of black XD Addicts 22x9 on here that I'm going to buy. Just have to wait until the guy gets his new rims in and the XDs are coming off and my brother (MiltIV) is going to meet him to pick them up and store them for me until I get back from Afghanistan. Great price too! Just have to wait until I get home to decide on the 3in lift with 33s or bigger with 35s. What do you think? You have the 3in with 35s right?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Awesome truck man. I considered buyin a white one.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Redneck----awesome ride! I can't wait to have mine sit higher like yours.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by b_cirilla
Found a set of black XD Addicts 22x9 on here that I'm going to buy. Just have to wait until the guy gets his new rims in and the XDs are coming off and my brother (MiltIV) is going to meet him to pick them up and store them for me until I get back from Afghanistan. Great price too! Just have to wait until I get home to decide on the 3in lift with 33s or bigger with 35s. What do you think? You have the 3in with 35s right?
Mine is sitting at 3" in the front right now .. Coilovers cranked to 2" + they are 1" loner than 2wd so making it 3", I still have 1" that I can crank the coilover but no need to.. I have 2" blocks in the rear.
IMO I wouldn't go any smaller than 35's on 22's, I think it the perfect fit for the truck.. You can get a 3" leveling kit and add 2" block in the rear if you want to keep the cost down or you could go with Bilstein 4x4 2" adjustable shocks, They are 1" taller than 2wd shocks and can crank them up 2" to give you 3" up front and they are fairly inexpensive ... Or you could splurge and go with coilovers for better ride quality..

Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I finally got my SVT decals in from Sweden.. I wanted to follow the lines of the Raptor's logo, But at the same time keep my own "brand" without making a cheesy "clone" type decal and still make it part of the SVT lineup... I like to build my truck to look like it could have been built by Ford and keep it CLEAN looking!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 PM

Cool

Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT FX4
Mine is sitting at 3" in the front right now .. Coilovers cranked to 2" + they are 1" loner than 2wd so making it 3", I still have 1" that I can crank the coilover but no need to.. I have 2" blocks in the rear.
IMO I wouldn't go any smaller than 35's on 22's, I think it the perfect fit for the truck.. You can get a 3" leveling kit and add 2" block in the rear if you want to keep the cost down or you could go with Bilstein 4x4 2" adjustable shocks, They are 1" taller than 2wd shocks and can crank them up 2" to give you 3" up front and they are fairly inexpensive ... Or you could splurge and go with coilovers for better ride quality..
Honestly, I don't plan on doing any hectic off roading seeing as my truck is 2WD so I doubt I'll have a problem with just doing the spacers up front. So I decided to go that way and do shocks all around and the 1in block in the back to level it out if I end up not liking the bulldog look. I might be a fan of the 1in difference though. I'll see when I throw the front on. And I made a mistake, they are 20x9 rims. I'm going to do the 35s on those rims and put 33s on my stock 20s so I can have better gas mileage when I drive down to Florida or over to Texas from NCarolina, ensuring I don't have a gay wheel gap from road tires and a lift. AS spacers the best? What about shocks?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:24 PM
You just need to add a S/C now to go with the SVT logo. That would be sick!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man blackout, now i wanna sell all my drop components and get lifted with off road tires! lol. i just sold my stuntbike and got another MX so i dont really need to be low anymore. your truck just looks so damn good! LOL

Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Milt IV
man blackout, now i wanna sell all my drop components and get lifted with off road tires! lol. i just sold my stuntbike and got another MX so i dont really need to be low anymore. your truck just looks so damn good! LOL
How about I will lift mine and when I go home every now and then, we can trade trucks for the next 6 months until I go home again trade back. lol. I was joking at first...but this doesnt seem like a bad idea. Maybe you need to throw a little more money into yours though just so it's even with my expenses when I get home and done with my truck. Definitely could be done though.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about I will lift mine and when I go home every now and then, we can trade trucks for the next 6 months until I go home again trade back. lol. I was joking at first...but this doesnt seem like a bad idea. Maybe you need to throw a little more money into yours though just so it's even with my expenses when I get home and done with my truck. Definitely could be done though.
HA! put your parts on then we'll talk about who has more money in thiers. lol. that would be kinda tight but that would never work. one of us would put way too many miles on the others truck or crash it or something and it would be a bad deal.

i may just buy some off road wheels and tires/ lift components and switch it up from time to time so i can be dropped for several months then lifted for several months. im never satisfied anyway so that would be good for me. lol

Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 PM
That's exactly what I was telling my boy Sullivan. I was going to buy the drop kit and have that in the corner of my garage and throw the lift kit on with the aftermarket rims and tires, then 6 months later, switch it back to stock rims on lower sidewall tires and the drop kit. I think I'll be fine with the lift alone with two sizes of A/T tires. You can drive mine when i'm home on leave and see how much you like it. And you already know I'm dropping some dimes on the whip when i get back....like I always do.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Awesome Truck

Awesome truck and nice to see Pats fans outisde of the New England area.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM
HA! put your parts on then we'll talk about who has more money in thiers. lol. that would be kinda tight but that would never work. one of us would put way too many miles on the others truck or crash it or something and it would be a bad deal.

i may just buy some off road wheels and tires/ lift components and switch it up from time to time so i can be dropped for several months then lifted for several months. im never satisfied anyway so that would be good for me. lol
That's exactly what I was telling my boy Sullivan. I was going to buy the drop kit and have that in the corner of my garage and throw the lift kit on with the aftermarket rims and tires, then 6 months later, switch it back to stock rims on lower sidewall tires and the drop kit. I think I'll be fine with the lift alone with two sizes of A/T tires. You can drive mine when i'm home on leave and see how much you like it. And you already know I'm dropping some dimes on the whip when i get back....like I always do.
Haha.. you guys are nuts.. But I like the idea of having both options.. If I didnt haul my 4 wheeler then I would consider dropping it for a few months out of the year and throwing some black 24's until I get bored and then lift it again..

Last edited by BLACKOUT FX4; 02-28-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by msharris16
Awesome truck and nice to see Pats fans outisde of the New England area.
Im from MA, Moved to FL 4 years ago.. Was born in New Bedford and moved to Springfield.. Surprisingly, There are allot of Pats/Sox fans down here.. I have 4 Boston type bars within 30 mins of my house. It's great!

Quick Reply: BLACKOUT's 2010 F150 MOD progression thread