2009 - 2014 F-150

Thoughts so far on my '11 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts so far on my '11 Lariat

First....it's dirty now. Rain and cold here. Usually do not allow that to happen.

The 5.0L is doing about 1 mpg better than my 5.4L did in my '09 (computer readout on both). Same trucks, down to the axle ratio. The '11 is still on it's first tank of gas.

With 225 miles I am starting to put my foot into it more. Kick the 5.0L and it is intoxicating. Getting back into my '10 Expedition is now disappointing. Not only quicker but so much smoother, and the sound is so much better.

The transmission so far is much improved over my '09. Downshifts are quick, smooth and without the shudder from my '09. Gears are held nicely and really let the motor work well in it's power curve.

I am really enjoying the productivity screen between the gauges. I love being able to better control my driving with the economy gauge. Also like the averages over time feature.

Only issue so far....the back up camera is blurry. Will get that one looked at during the first service.

Also love the white platinum paint more than I thought I would. My '09 was the stone green metallic and I liked it a lot ad well.

Last note.....the leather in this truck seems much softer and smoother than that in my '09 or even my '10 Expedition for that matter. Does not have that plasticky texture to it.

So far.....really like this truck.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the review. I should be getting mine in this week.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:49 PM
And still...no pics

Old 12-25-2010, 11:51 PM
This may sound silly but have you wiped your finger or a towel across the lens on the backup camera? Just a though since you said your truck is dirty. I had the same issue with mine and it was just dirty.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by KazK
And still...no pics
Will once I wash it......and too dang cold right now.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I love my back-up camera! Miss it extemely with my salter on. The transmission is as important as the motor upgardes IMO.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 PM
What are the specs on your truck?

Also, what mpg is the truck showing?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:15 PM
If the Algorithm in the Truck PCM is like the Mustangs the 3V was about 1 mpg optimistic and the 4V 1 mpg pessimistic. IE if the truck is actually getting 20 mpg the 3V will read 21 mpg and the 4V 19 mpg.

The point is you could be getting about 3 mpg better instead of just 1 mpg. I would wait until I did the actual calculations at fillup.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Fireman2252
This may sound silly but have you wiped your finger or a towel across the lens on the backup camera? Just a though since you said your truck is dirty. I had the same issue with mine and it was just dirty.
Maybe it still has the protective film on it...LOL...

Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by mozy
What are the specs on your truck?

Also, what mpg is the truck showing?
Mine is a 4x4 Lariat. 3.55LS rear end with 20" wheels.

I am showing about 13.2 in town where my '09 with the same rear end and also a 4x4 got right at 11.9 consistently in town.

Town for me is a gazillion stop lights and never above 40mph.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by PA SNAKE
Maybe it still has the protective film on it...LOL...
Funny....it was the first thing I checked since my truck came right off the carrier and the make ready was not so great (lots of "dealer remove" tags left on the truck).

I have also cleaned it twice. At night it also has huge black splotches the show on the screen.

Cooincidentally there is an electrical connector in a bag in the console that says "water proof connector" for rear camera, but can't for the life of me figure out where it would go.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by Brian M
Cooincidentally there is an electrical connector in a bag in the console that says "water proof connector" for rear camera, but can't for the life of me figure out where it would go.

That is a cover for the camera electrical connection if you should remove your tailgate.
-James

Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Brian M
Funny....it was the first thing I checked since my truck came right off the carrier and the make ready was not so great (lots of "dealer remove" tags left on the truck).

I have also cleaned it twice. At night it also has huge black splotches the show on the screen.

My camera isn't clear either my 09 was like HD and this one is horrible. Especially at night. I can't see any protective film on it and use made sure it's clean.

Quick Reply: Thoughts so far on my '11 Lariat