2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 vs 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fasteel
Well when I sat in the bench seat in the show room and test drive with the 4.6 liter all seemed fine. Then the 3 hour drive home and I just could not find a comfortable seat position for my 6'5" body with the bench split XLT. Drove it for a couple more days and phoned the dealer about upgrading. No problem, come on back we'll find some thing that will fit you better.
First looked at an upgraded XLT with captains chair and it seemed OK but then the sales man showed me a Lariat with black leather and candy apple red paint. Sony sound system and the chrome package and I just had to have it. What a beauty. Now I'm going to get one of those buffers and some of the Wet Diamond product and try and shine it up just like Birdhunter has done with his red truck. FS
Sounds hot FS. I've got the split bench in my 05 Scab, but I'm not crazy about how they redesigned it for the 2011 model so I may get the captains chairs this time around. In the 5 and half years I've owned it, I think I've used the front middle seat maybe three times? Plus I like the way the shifter looks in the center floor console. Going to sit in one at the lot tomorrow and think on it some more. Again, congrats on your purchase. Nothing feels better then getting exactly what you want.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a new 2010 FX4 with the 5.4 liter and I love it. I am currently getting 17-18 MPG in city and almost 21 on highway. There is no reason to buy a new 2011 with the unproven engines. The V8 5.4 has proven to be a great engine. Also the 2010's have all the bugs worked out

Old 01-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fasteel
...First looked at an upgraded XLT with captains chair and it seemed OK but then the sales man showed me a Lariat with black leather and candy apple red paint. Sony sound system and the chrome package and I just had to have it. What a beauty. Now I'm going to get one of those buffers and some of the Wet Diamond product and try and shine it up just like Birdhunter has done with his red truck. FS
Hey, that sounds like my truck! If you have the Red Candy paint, it won't take much to shine her up.

Quick Reply: 2010 vs 2011