2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Sync head unit question - The word "text" is displayed

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Sync head unit question - The word "text" is displayed

Just got a new 2010 4x4 Supercrew and loving it. I love the Sync system so far. One thing I can't figure out is sometimes the word "TEXT" is displayed right next to the Bluetooth icon. I can never figure out why and it will randomly disappear. It doesnt matter what source I'm listening to either (at least I don't think it does). Can anyone enlighten me?

Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by SWEET GT
Just got a new 2010 4x4 Supercrew and loving it. I love the Sync system so far. One thing I can't figure out is sometimes the word "TEXT" is displayed right next to the Bluetooth icon. I can never figure out why and it will randomly disappear. It doesnt matter what source I'm listening to either (at least I don't think it does). Can anyone enlighten me?
Depending on the type of phone you have you may be able to have sync read your text messages to you when your phone is connected via bluetooth. I am guessing that message is appearing when your phone is connected and you have a new text message. Again, this is just my guess. I have an iphone and the text message feature is not compatible. To make sure you can go to syncmyride.com and chat with a live agent, they should know for sure.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
I can't say why it 'randomly disappears' but press the TEXT button on your dash to toggle on or off.
Some audio sources allows the display of text (song/file) information. Pushing the TEXT button displays that information. And, if you turn off the audio system while in that mode, the TEXT remains lit.
BTW... If the text information is to long for it to display, a push of the < or > button in TEXT mode scrolls the text so you read all of it.

Last edited by 5picker; 12-29-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
That was it 5picker. Thanks! Love this truck!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
WW2
This has something to do with the sync interface, I had a 2009 F150 without sync. It had satellite radio though. The text icon worked perfectly and never was "stuck" on.. I guess its just some kind of software glitch.. My wife had a 09 Escape with sync and it did the same thing...You would think they would correct this after all the sync updates

Quick Reply: 2010 Sync head unit question - The word "text" is displayed