2009 - 2014 F-150

rize it up

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rize it up

Well I pulled the trigger on a rize 8" lift today. I'm going to be ordering bilsteins with it to bump it up to 10". Going to have 37" toyo mts with 20x10 xd monsters in black. Also got 4.88 yukon gears to throw in. Lift should be in 2-3 weeks so whenever I get everything on I'll post pics here.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonna look real good man, Why not 38's?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Well timed...gas is about to get more expensive. :o

Should look good though.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by fx4 for life 79
Well I pulled the trigger on a rize 8" lift today. I'm going to be ordering bilsteins with it to bump it up to 10". Going to have 37" toyo mts with 20x10 xd monsters in black. Also got 4.88 yukon gears to throw in. Lift should be in 2-3 weeks so whenever I get everything on I'll post pics here.

How much is the gear install gonna set you back? I'm assuming you have a 4x4 so your gonna have to do the fronts and rears?

Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm looking into a lift myself, what made you pull the trigger on Rize? Any particular reason? So many out there and I'm trying to figure out myself the pros and cons of each

Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I had already bought the 37s and I don't want to have any rubbing. I got gears for 685 front and rear and I'm guessin install will be 800

Old 12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
way way way too tall for me, but im interested to see what it will look like. i have yet to see 37's on one of the new body styles

good buy!

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mwcarter41
I'm looking into a lift myself, what made you pull the trigger on Rize? Any particular reason? So many out there and I'm trying to figure out myself the pros and cons of each
From other members on here I've read their quality is top notch and I want to go big.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 PM
rize definitely knows what they're doing, this is their Baja pre-runner kit that they've been debating to release for a year now. i wish they would, id own one one day.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM

From other members on here I've read their quality is top notch and I want to go big.
Just get ready for the repairs down the road, I expected them but never like this. Part of this can be blamed on poor installations, but a lot of the replaced parts I have seen are severely worn out like the wheel bearings, etc.. In the last week I have had to completely rebuild the axles and now the transmission and transfer case plus a new torque converter. All new wheel bearings, CV axles, IWE's, control arm bushings, bla, bla, bla... right now I hate my truck

You might look at 4.56's too, I traded my 4.88's for 4.56's after learning I had to rebuild my axles and so far like them much better than the 4.88's.

I also wouldn't ever plan on seeing that rize pre-runner kit... pretty certain after you bought the truck, fenders, and their likely 'over-priced, new to the market' long travel kit you could have come out ahead just buying a raptor. The only difference might be the rear shock setup since i bet rize has a cage/shocks thru the bed, more long travel type rear suspension setup and the raptor keeps it more of an OEM rear suspension setup.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Just get ready for the repairs down the road, I expected them but never like this. Part of this can be blamed on poor installations, but a lot of the replaced parts I have seen are severely worn out like the wheel bearings, etc.. In the last week I have had to completely rebuild the axles and now the transmission and transfer case plus a new torque converter. All new wheel bearings, CV axles, IWE's, control arm bushings, bla, bla, bla... right now I hate my truck

You might look at 4.56's too, I traded my 4.88's for 4.56's after learning I had to rebuild my axles and so far like them much better than the 4.88's.

I also wouldn't ever plan on seeing that rize pre-runner kit... pretty certain after you bought the truck, fenders, and their likely 'over-priced, new to the market' long travel kit you could have come out ahead just buying a raptor. The only difference might be the rear shock setup since i bet rize has a cage/shocks thru the bed, more long travel type rear suspension setup and the raptor keeps it more of an OEM rear suspension setup.
Yeah I understand the repairs that come with it.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Well timed...gas is about to get more expensive. :o

Should look good though.
haha oh well its part of the game

Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM

I'll have to look into the 4.56s, thanks for all the heads up and advice

Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 AM

I'll have to look into the 4.56s, thanks for all the heads up and advice
You can't go wrong with either, but curiosity killed the cat finally I would have never just swapped for the hell of it, but in my case I had to get new R&P so I decided to give it a go.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 AM
You can't go wrong with either, but curiosity killed the cat finally I would have never just swapped for the hell of it, but in my case I had to get new R&P so I decided to give it a go.
Yeah 'Ive been reading your threads about all your problems, I figure though this will only be my daily driver for a couple years until I finish school then I can retire it and get something new and by then it will be paid off.

Quick Reply: rize it up