2009 - 2014 F-150

Suggestions for new wheels on a Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes28376
Personally I love the platinum wheels. If you decide to sell them let me know. Thanks
Wes, sent you a PM!

Old 12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by rich_platinum
I didn't think about that. Thats the look I do like though. I've been looking around and I havent seen many with the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cannon Wheels in 20".

This is one of the only images I found with the wheels actually on a truck. Looks sick other than its on a Dodge.

I ordered those wheels a year or so ago for my Dakota and they were on B/o so I cancelled. Those wheels look great on your truck. I did get these Diamo wheels, now gone with truck. Personally, I would like to see FF on your truck. Overwide wheels beyond the wells looks out-of-place IMO. I think these are great looking wheels too.

Last edited by ommegang; 12-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Ommegang, I agree 100%. I'm about positive next week I will be Ordering the Fuel Hostage black with machine wheels in 20" but I har no idea on what offset or backspacing to go with.
Anyone who could throw some pointers, I'm all ears. I know that I would like no more than Another .5 to .75 inch sticking out from what's there. problem is, I need to research how all the numbers work out to achieve that!?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Ommegang, I agree 100%. I'm about positive next week I will be Ordering the Fuel Hostage black with machine wheels in 20" but I har no idea on what offset or backspacing to go with.
Anyone who could throw some pointers, I'm all ears. I know that I would like no more than Another .5 to .75 inch sticking out from what's there. problem is, I need to research how all the numbers work out to achieve that!?
I'm no good with the bs and offset but I would check out the 20x9's for your non-lifted application.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As for your backspacing/offset question..... if you're wanting them to stay inside the wheel wells I'd get the Hostages that have a +20mm offset (which is 5 3/4" backspacing). Those shouldn't stick out of the wheel wells but it will still have a bit more of an aggressive stance compared to your current setup. I know you've pretty much made your mind up on the Hostages but I never pass up on a chance to show my wheels! They are Diamo 17K in 20"x10" and there are very few people out there that have them. However I don't think you would want to use them since they will stick out of the wheel wells.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by 08FX4
As for your backspacing/offset question..... if you're wanting them to stay inside the wheel wells I'd get the Hostages that have a +20mm offset (which is 5 3/4" backspacing). Those shouldn't stick out of the wheel wells but it will still have a bit more of an aggressive stance compared to your current setup. I know you've pretty much made your mind up on the Hostages but I never pass up on a chance to show my wheels! They are Diamo 17K in 20"x10" and there are very few people out there that have them. However I don't think you would want to use them since they will stick out of the wheel wells.

Man I'm telling you, that is one sweet truck. The +20 mm with 5.75 BS is what I'm looking at. Thanks for the quick reply! With that setup, how much farther would the new wheels extend outdated from the original stock do tou think?

And is your truck up 6 inches?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Wes28376
Personally I love the platinum wheels. If you decide to sell them let me know. Thanks

Wes, I am with you on that. I like the platinum rims. I wish you could get them on a Lariat.

Also I think a black chrome rim would look good.

Kevin

Old 01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks! It's got a 6" Fabtech kit on it. If my math is correct they should stick out about .9" more.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Kevin, I agree.

08FX4, that's perfect, I'm goin to order the wheels first thing this week.

I also found this webpage that helped me understand it all much better. Enter the value and viola!
http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Thanks for the help and I can't wait to get pics posted when I'm done!

Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Sweet truck man! What's the setup in the wheels (size and offset) and lift?
Its got a 6in BDS lift, 35x12.5 toyo open countrys on 18in d1ck cepek rims. Not sure of the backspacing but its probably close to 08fx4's, they are tucked petty well under the fenders.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't have any good pics looking down the truck but mine stick out about 3 1/2" from the front fenders. The rear sticks out about 2 3/4".

I just checked your wheels out and the specs are 18"x8.5" with 5 1/2" of backspacing (+20mm offset). I've never looked at them much but I like 'em!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Sweet, nice to know the specs, my dealer installed them, along with the lift. Didn't know the rims were that skinny, especially for a 12.5 in tire. But I guess I was right though, same backspacing as yours.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Last edited by casedog; 01-01-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Haha... the backspacing and offset measuring is always a tricky subject. Ive got it down to a science after so many vehicles and ordering wheels lol. The hostages will look good.

Oh, and to touch on an early comment, you wont find CHROME wheels with black accents unless 1) they are two/three piece wheels where one piece is chrome and the other is painted or 2) the black accents are separately attached pieces. Why... Paint wont make it through the chroming process and chrome will flake if you try to sand n paint accents after its been chromed.

My wheels might fit 22x12 (-44 offset) LOL, just kiddin'! Good luck n post some pics!

Old 01-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by casedog
Haha... the backspacing and offset measuring is always a tricky subject. Ive got it down to a science after so many vehicles and ordering wheels lol. The hostages will look good.

Oh, and to touch on an early comment, you wont find CHROME wheels with black accents unless 1) they are two/three piece wheels where one piece is chrome and the other is painted or 2) the black accents are separately attached pieces. Why... Paint wont make it through the chroming process and chrome will flake if you try to sand n paint accents after its been chromed.

My wheels might fit 22x12 (-44 offset) LOL, just kiddin'! Good luck n post some pics!

Lol, ive been researching alot about wheel specs and dimensions. I think I have it down now. Easy to understan once you take the time! Haha sweet platinum though casedog! Unique in that I definitely won't see another like that driving down the road!
I ordered my wheels today, should be here by weeks end or so. Im goin to take some before and after photos after a wash.

Oh, and my truck would be like a tank with your wheels. Haha. I wouldn't be able to turn! Thanks for the inputs and info...

Quick Reply: Suggestions for new wheels on a Platinum