2009 - 2014 F-150

hella tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Here's an idea for some of you wanting those tails... just night shade them
Soooo... buy brand new lights and then (basically) spray paint them with something that never looks evenly coated and almost always looks DIY. Pass, lol. Just messin with ya, but seriously, nightshade RARELY looks nice, even, and quality.

Last edited by casedog; 01-13-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by bmk09
im looking at geting rid of my tail lights on my 2010 im not a big fan of the chrome around them.i seen hella tail lights but only for 2007 and down, im looking at getting sum good quality ones can anyone recomend a good brand that i should look at
Check out Anzo LED tails. I got the smoked version and blacked them out but they look good all on their own. I also went with a smoked LED 3rd brake light from Recon to match with all of my LEDs and blacked out look. All are great quality and could pass as factory (but better) due to their clean look.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by casedog
Soooo... buy brand new lights and then (basically) spray paint them with something that never looks evenly coated and almost always looks DIY. Pass, lol. Just messin with ya, but seriously, nightshade RARELY looks nice, even, and quality.
There are so many options... body shops can do it, there is a tint film I have seen used as well on here

Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by murderout
Check out Anzo LED tails. I got the smoked version and blacked them out but they look good all on their own. I also went with a smoked LED 3rd brake light from Recon to match with all of my LEDs and blacked out look. All are great quality and could pass as factory (but better) due to their clean look.
...all of the taillights pictured in this thread ARE from Anzo.

Companies just market them under their own name on fleabay or wherever. Its ridiculous.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by casedog
They come with two LARGE resistors per tailight that eliminate hyperflash since the 2009-10 trucks dont have flasher relays to replace.

These lights are VERY bright. LOL, everyone comments on them (hand up like the sun is in their eyes) when they see em at night. My brother has Recon's LED tailights on his 2004 and during the day, there's not much difference between his tailight brightness and the bightness when the brakes were pressed.

These, however, are blinding. They have 32 rear facing and 7side facing LEDs. I dont have any night picks but here are some daytime tailight (brakes NOT applied) pics.

I have these same taillights but the smoked version and blacked out on top of that to match my recon LED 3rd brake light and these things are still brighter than hell. If you can't see me braking then you're not watching the road!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by murderout
I have these same taillights but the smoked version and blacked out on top of that to match my recon LED 3rd brake light and these things are still brighter than hell. If you can't see me braking then you're not watching the road!

Agree! They are very bright!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 PM

Quick Reply: hella tail lights