2009 - 2014 F-150

hella tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hella tail lights

im looking at geting rid of my tail lights on my 2010 im not a big fan of the chrome around them.i seen hella tail lights but only for 2007 and down, im looking at getting sum good quality ones can anyone recomend a good brand that i should look at

Old 01-01-2011, 04:01 PM
The Harley Davidson/Raptor lights. I purchased both the headlights and the tails and its the best appearance mod I have done to the truck. I agree the factory chrome ones have to go.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by bmk09
im looking at geting rid of my tail lights on my 2010 im not a big fan of the chrome around them.i seen hella tail lights but only for 2007 and down, im looking at getting sum good quality ones can anyone recomend a good brand that i should look at
There are a lot of threads on this subject. I went the all red LED tails. There is a smoked chrome version and a black version of these. The red looked the most factory yet with a high luxury feel of LEDs while eliminating the chrome ****. The other two were kinda "rice" looking.

Definitely search for them on ebay because I got em there for like $200 when I found them elswhere for like $300. Good luck.

Last edited by casedog; 01-02-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:46 AM

I've been eyeballing the smoked led taillights on ebay, I think they were like $180 Plus shipping. Only photos they have are laying on a bench, I emailed them for more pics but they said that's all they had of them. If I could actually see them on a truck I would get a better feel for them. The harleys look real good too, just hoping the leds would look better.But one things for sure the chrome stockers got to go.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 01-02-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
I've been eyeballing the smoked led taillights on ebay, I think they were like $180 Plus shipping. Only photos they have are laying on a bench, I emailed them for more pics but they said that's all they had of them. If I could actually see them on a truck I would get a better feel for them. The harleys look real good too, just hoping the leds would look better.But one things for sure the chrome stockers got to go.
The smoked would look sexy on your truck.... I am not sold on changing my tails. I am not a fan of the stock ones, but since my truck is BFM I feel that it needs the chrome to play off the color... The LED's look nice Case and I love the Platinum on the bed.....

Old 01-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by casedog
I went the all red LED tails.
That's a real sweet looking truck you've got there.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it

Here ya go... the smoked ones arent as smoked as you'd think. Would look better if darker imo.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
i went and looked on ebay and found a brand called racer innovation ther going for 197.00 and i looked at another brand called jdm ther going for 297.im not sure if i should go with the more expesive 1s or go with the 1s from ebay, i did look at the harley lights and they look like they have a outline around them, maybe it was just the picture.but if any 1 knows of sum other good brands that would be helpful because im not sure what brands are good and what 1s are not that good

Old 01-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Companies market the same light under their own name. Its rediculous. If you find them with "sabersport" somewhere in the ebay ad, those are what I have. No hazing, fogging or any problems almost 10 months later.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:42 PM
I am, however, considering smoked headlamps as they will match the darker (brushed aluminum looking) grill of my Platinum. Just cant decide if they look too ricer. They would match my grill pretty close though. Found em for $320 WITH the 6000k HIDs included...???

Old 01-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Here ya go... the smoked ones arent as smoked as you'd think. Would look better if darker imo.

Looks similar but I don't think those are the ones on ebay that I was looking at. The 1 on ebay that I was looking at looked gray or black with a smoke tint, they also have a black tail light with clear lens.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited by ruffn-it; 01-02-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey Ruffin-it,

Yup, those are the same brand (not sure which ones on that page you are looking at though). Yes, i study parts way to much before I buy things, lol, but here's what I found if it helps:

Smoked - Arent as dark as the ad pic leads to believe. Most people who bought them thought they'd be darker. Positive... Doesnt have the "white plastic" edge that the black version does though.
Black - They still have that "White Plastic" look around the edges that must be painted or else it stands out on dark vehicles

Just somethin to consider. Good luck guys

Can kinda see the "white platic" some arent happy with on black verson:

versus less white plastic look of the smoked version:

Last edited by casedog; 01-02-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM

I am, however, considering smoked headlamps as they will match the darker (brushed aluminum looking) grill of my Platinum. Just cant decide if they look too ricer. They would match my grill pretty close though. Found em for $320 WITH the 6000k HIDs included...???
the smoked headlight looks better imo...just my .02

Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
There are a lot of threads on this subject. I went the all red LED tails. There is a smoked chrome version and a black version of these. The red looked the most factory yet with a high luxury feel of LEDs while eliminating the chrome ****. The other two were kinda "rice" looking.

Definitely search for them on ebay because I got em there for like $200 when I found them elswhere for like $300. Good luck.

Do the LED tails make your signals flash faster? or still the same?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:20 PM

Hey Ruffin-it,

Yup, those are the same brand (not sure which ones on that page you are looking at though). Yes, i study parts way to much before I buy things, lol, but here's what I found if it helps:

Smoked - Arent as dark as the ad pic leads to believe. Most people who bought them thought they'd be darker. Positive... Doesnt have the "white plastic" edge that the black version does though.
Black - They still have that "White Plastic" look around the edges that must be painted or else it stands out on dark vehicles

Just somethin to consider. Good luck guys

Can kinda see the "white platic" some arent happy with on black verson:

versus less white plastic look of the smoked version:
Thanks for the pics, helps alot. I was referring to the "smoked" taillights if you scroll past the to where it says bidding has ended. It just looks so much different on the trucks, I just can't see how they are the same. I'm on my droid so can't post pics of it now but I will later.

Quick Reply: hella tail lights