2009 - 2014 F-150

Who has this kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=bassplaya;4447056]
Originally Posted by FX4life

I have the BDS spacer. It's two piece. http://bds-suspension.com/productFlyer/BDS_NPR-572H.pdf

No balljoint issues and it rides great. My boss just switched to this after having a single piece spacer and going through two sets of balljoints. The shop that we deal with won't install anything but these now.

Got any pics? How is the ride with more preload on the spring? I see it in theory and can partially see it in that video but it looked to me just the same angles as any other leveling kit. My curiosity has peaked...

Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE=FX4life;4447208]
Originally Posted by bassplaya

Got any pics? How is the ride with more preload on the spring? I see it in theory and can partially see it in that video but it looked to me just the same angles as any other leveling kit. My curiosity has peaked...
I'll post up some pics when I get home next week.

It rides great. Pretty much like stock. It handles well. 55,000 miles on Toyo Open Countrys so far, had tires rotated two weeks ago, had them check alignment, check for anything wrong. Perfect condition.

I'm not an engineer, so I hope I get this right. But what was explained to me was that the additional weight of the larger tire canceles out the "harsh" ride that would be caused by the pretension spacer. If you put the kit on with your stock wheel and tire it would be harsh. Rides good for me, and I'm in co-workers and friends trucks all the time. Half are lifted. Sorry, I don't pay attention to what brands are what, but more than half of the lifted trucks I'm in ride like crap. I'm glad I bought the kit I did.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:58 AM
So far, so good. I've had the kit on the truck one week now and I'm really impressed. It actually handles much better than I thought it would.

Total cost was under $1500 with alignment. $620 in parts, the rest was labor.

I did it in stages. I first had them do the body lift. Then I drove it. I had doubts about the leveling kit. They said I could switch to another leveling kit if I did not like the one in the kit. But when they put it on, it seemed to ride even better. I'll vouch 100% for this kit. I'm running 35" tires for under $1500. I put a lot of miles on this truck, so we'll know shortly if there are any long-term issues.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:11 AM

You gotta love paying more for labor than the kit itself...Pics?

Quick Reply: Who has this kit?